New school shooting

That point was lost LONG ago. Do you think the Government has not felt save in the last 100 years. They have tanks and armored vehicles, nuclear weapons, RPG's and much more. If that was the point, its lost and can be done away with the second this instant.

Yeah, because terrorists barely armed making IEDs couldn't possibly do anything against our military. And that's just the military. Do you think Reagan felt safe when he was shot?

Ahh, you mean like the stealing of a loaf of bread in some foreign country that results in amputation one can extrapolate that wheat leads to a loss of hands.

I must say you have an unusual way of thinking.

I have never seen a more obvious straw man. Care to put some clothes on it?

Or maybe I care about the country and all people to realize how important gun rights are to not be jumping to repeal the second amendment when some small number of deaths happen. 40k people die in car crashes each year but we aren't talking about banning cars. we collectively everyday make a cost benefit analysis and I'm sorry 26 dead isn't anywhere close to justification to take our guns.

You interpret my position as uncaring .... But in reality it is the exact opposite. I care about our country and freedom that much that I am not susceptible to terrible short term anomalies.

Short term anomalies, you Yanks are bonkers. :palm:

that doesn't explain how you're trying to make it relevant. Damo is referring to fundamental rights as being equally important, all you're trying to is rate their importance according to your feelings.

No, I'm rating their importance and relevance to the danger they pose.

LOL

How did all those strict gun rules in Chicago work out for you? At last count, the murder count was at 484. The only ones that had guns were the same one's that voted for Obama.

how does it work in other countries that dont depend on a patchwork of laws all over the nation?

fact: if the faculty was armed the death count today would have been lower

prove it.

In what fantasy land is it "fact"?

Maybe a terrified teacher fires off a clip indiscriminately and kills a half dozen MORE kids while aiming for the gunman?

Back