Now Obama Slaps the Gay Community with Rick Warren

Exactly, Rev Joseph Lowery.

Joseph Lowery's inauguration benediction: GOOD FOR GAYS!

"Joseph E. Lowery is a real civil rights legend! An inspirational and powerful national black leader who has always insisted that gay rights are important. Given the blame that so many placed upon the "black community" for Prop 8, isn't having a pro-gay black preacher give the benediction incredibly powerful?

Remember when he called out Bush during the Coretta Scott King funeral and got flack for it? (He called Bush out then got bashed for it .. but it was SWEET)

He, along with King and others who truly believe in civil rights for all, has spoken against the Federal Marriage Amendment and has called for full married rights and benefits for gay people. "
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/12/17/191237/02/34/674231

Joe Lowery is one of the funniest people I have ever met .. and he's about 150 years old .. but he looks good because he's also one of the sharpest dressers I've ever met.

3587.jpg

Ive always liked him, he spoke at my high school graduation.

Ive always liked him, he spoke at my high school graduation.

There had to be laughter at your graduation when he spoke. This dude is funny.

But he can also be deadly serious as he was when he tore into Bush at Coretta Kings Funeral.

That shit is classic.

There had to be laughter at your graduation when he spoke. This dude is funny.

But he can also be deadly serious as he was when he tore into Bush at Coretta Kings Funeral.

That shit is classic.

I have a copy of the speech somewhere. He gave both a funny and serious speech. It really hit home, not your typical go out into the world speech.

I have followed him from then, he is really a very interesting and smart man. How do you know him?

I have a copy of the speech somewhere. He gave both a funny and serious speech. It really hit home, not your typical go out into the world speech.

I have followed him from then, he is really a very interesting and smart man. How do you know him?

I was probably the first person in Georgia to question the sanity of electronic voting. My questions raised concern and before I knew it I was the face of opposition to electronic voting and being invited to speak at various places, one of which was the Coalition for the People's Agenda, which Lowery headed. I had a really good conversation with him before and after the meeting. I was surprised he was so accessible.

Then in my political capacity I met with him several times on issues. The most memorable time talking to him was when he showed up at a restaraunt where Cynthia and Issac Hayes and my wife and I were having dinner. I will never forget that night .. in fact a picture of it is my screen saver .. but even Ike was awed by him.

The one question I tried to dig out of him but couldn't was did he feel he got just recognition for his efforts in the struggle. Although the civil rights struggle is synonymous with Dr. King, there were many important players there and Lowery was one of them. I know he's not looking for glory and he's a deeply religious man .. but I just wanted to know for myself.

He's a brilliant brilliant man and not your average preacher. He has such a glimmer in his eyes .. and realistically, I think he's about 88 years old .. but you wouldn't know that talking to him.

Last edited:
I bet it hurt. I've heard that when pillows turn the tables and start into a people fight, there usually is some blood spilled.

;)

Back