O.J. Simpson dies of cancer at age 76

It's funny because you can't even formulate your own observations without copying me. :laugh:
I do love both irony and catching liars and the mentally off being stupid:
You attempted to suggest that OJ grew up with the constant possibility of being lynched simply for being black, hanging over him.

That's bullshit.

But then again, it was you saying it, so no surprise.

Bullshit is what has come to be expected out of you.

Daily life for the vast majority of blacks in this country was not characterized by the kind of overt, hate spewing racism Hollywood has made millions misrepresenting, and causing gullible rubes like you to take it as historical fact.

I doubt OJ even knew what racism was and probably unknowingly engaged in it himself.

Him and his homies probably hated whitey themselves.
What I actually posted:
Anyone who doesn’t realize the racism of the 50s and 60s is a fucking moron. Lynchings and murders were still happening. Mostly in the South, but around the nation.

Thanks for understanding my point about your conclusions and assumptions.

Yes, I was reaching for common ground since you did, indeed, bring up your knowledge of race relations via movies.

Point?

What point?

You've made no point.

Other than that you don't think straight and that your ideas about what life was like in the past comes from TV and the movies.

A point I made about you first, BTW.

I do love both irony and catching liars and the mentally off being stupid: What I actually posted:

Why do you claim to love doing something you never do?

And why do you make reference to your own group of which you are a member in good standing, when making your false claim?

Point?

What point?

You've made no point.

Other than that you don't think straight and that your ideas about what life was like in the past comes from TV and the movies.

A point I made about you first, BTW.

Why do you claim to love doing something you never do?

And why do you make reference to your own group of which you are a member in good standing, when making your false claim?

Don’t worry about it, Mad. Your propensity for leaping to conclusions won’t be changed by the comments of others.

I have no idea what you are asking, Mad, but that’s not unusual since you babble a lot.

Don’t worry about it, Mad. Your propensity for leaping to conclusions won’t be changed by the comments of others.

I have no idea what you are asking, Mad, but that’s not unusual since you babble a lot.

Why would be I worried about you?

You represent nothing to be worried about.

Everything sounds like babbling to you because you have no idea about pretty much everything.

Why would be I worried about you?

You represent nothing to be worried about.

Everything sounds like babbling to you because you have no idea about pretty much everything.
You shouldn’t but you do seem upset a lot. Not just at me either.

Good.

You’re free to believe so, ‘Mad.

His entire childhood was spent "experiencing the struggles that black people endure."
Can you be more specific? He wasn't poor. He was a thug.

Willie Mays straightened his ass out, and he immediately enjoyed the life of a privileged athlete. He was stupid, but still got into college.

By the cultural expectations of the 196Os and 1970s, I think OJ was universally accepted into the Emerald City by white people because he was percieved as good natured, well mannered, non-controversial, and most importantly non-threatening.

While Cassius Clay and Lew Alcindor were popular athletes, in some sense they gave off a vague black nationalist vibe by changing their 'slave names' to Muslim names (Muhammad Ali and Kareem Abdul Jabber), converting to Islam, and in Ali's case, refusing to submit to the military draft and refusing to serve in Vietnam.
Yes. My point. Although his father was gone when he was 5, his mother made decent money. Being a single mother isn't easy, and OJ ended up on the streets being a bully/thug.

Once he got lucky enough to meet the right people, his life took off. The era was also key, as you point out. Black people were denied the right to vote when he was busy failing in college, but excelling in sports.

USC picked him up despite his terrible grades and the rest was history.

Can you be more specific? He wasn't poor. He was a thug.

Willie Mays straightened his ass out, and he immediately enjoyed the life of a privileged athlete. He was stupid, but still got into college.

He was a thug...and he WAS poor. He grew up in an environment that helped make failures out of people who could have been something.

He ended up using his talents to get out of that.

He may also be a murderer who got away with the crime. If he is, he is the only one who knew for certain.

He was a thug...and he WAS poor. He grew up in an environment that helped make failures out of people who could have been something.

He ended up using his talents to get out of that.

He may also be a murderer who got away with the crime. If he is, he is the only one who knew for certain.
It seems his mother was a hospital administrator after being a nurse's aid. His father, although absent since he was 5, worked at the Fed.

I don't believe he was raised poor.

The trial definitely drew specific lines down the middle of the nation.

OJ got his. He paid in numerous ways in the end.

I've never lived in an America without lines drawn through it.

A nation populated with grossly incompatible people will always have lines.

So? You and everyone else on this board seems upset a lot, too.
That's because you're not the only douchebag on it.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they want to.
Do you think otherwise?

You sure do seem to try awfully hard to change that.

Your anger issues and mercurial personality are well-known, 'Mad.

Agreed. No.

That's because you're a hothead always looking for an excuse to be hard. I suspect you are in pain and want die but are scared of what's beyond the door.

Your anger issues and mercurial personality are well-known, 'Mad.

Agreed. No.

That's because you're a hothead always looking for an excuse to be hard. I suspect you are in pain and want die but are scared of what's beyond the door.

Took you and the 14 y/o who writes your post all afternoon to come up with that??? :laugh:

You should try to do better than that.

Well, I better run.

I feel my mercury rising.

No, wait.... it's falling again.

Whew!!!

Oppps!!! On the rise again!!!! :whoa:

LOOKOUT!!!!! :blowup:

:rofl2:

Took you and the 14 y/o who writes your post all afternoon to come up with that??? :laugh:

You should try to do better than that.

Well, I better run.

I feel my mercury rising.

No, wait.... it's falling again.

Whew!!!

Oppps!!! On the rise again!!!! :whoa:

LOOKOUT!!!!! :blowup:

:rofl2:

QED. LOL

Back