Obama belongs to Racist Organization...

Suppose a white congressman tried to join the CBC.

Would he be allowed to join? If he would not, what would be the ONLY reason he would not be allowed?

I am not saying whites are repressed or that the CBC is a bad organization. I am not saying Obama is unfit to be president for his membership in the organization.

I am simply saying that ANY organization that excludes members based SOLELY on race is, by definition, racist.

To deny it is simply ignoring the facts.

There are dozens of people on this site who "question" Obama. They're not labeled racists. You'd have to be a retard to believe that an honest disagreement on policy precipitates labels of racism. What makes us call you a racist is this wholly transparent move by you to try to label Obama as a racist to make yourself feel discriminated against by the evil black caucus.

You, sir, are a racist.

Solitary is just retarded.

I do not feel as though I am being discriminated against by the CBC, so your argument falls flat on it's face. I am simply bringing up the fact that Obama belongs to a racist organization, is that too much for you to swallow?

--usnr95

Whites are the dominant social group. There is no discrimination against them. The only thing they have is benefits and powers that come about solely due to the social connection they naturally get due to being white.

Horseshit, WM. There have been numerous lawsuits that showed that discrimination against whites exists.

It may not fit into your neat little imaginary world, but it exists.

I suggest you look up "discriminate" since that seems to be the word you're basing your argument on.

Discrimination is the act of distinguishing based on a class or categorization rather than merit. Clearly, the CBC is choosing their members based upon their ability to represent their black constituents interests. White people don't have the experience of being black in America and can't be expected to understand or represent their interests in the same way a black congressional leader can. It's based on the merit of the individual to represent the interests of the black community.

Would he be allowed to join? If he would not, what would be the ONLY reason he would not be allowed?

I am not saying whites are repressed or that the CBC is a bad organization. I am not saying Obama is unfit to be president for his membership in the organization.

I am simply saying that ANY organization that excludes members based SOLELY on race is, by definition, racist.

The CBC does indeed practice discrimination on the basis of race, using the broad definition of "discrimination" but that does not make it a "racist organization" as that term is commonly understood.

I mean, if you guys get jollies from playing semantics that's fine. But to pretend that Obama's membership in the CBC is some sort of pernicious association is ludicrous. Then again, it's not surprising.

Solitary...

White membership

Over the years, the question has arisen, "Does the Caucus allow only black members?" Pete Stark, D-Ca., who is white, tried and failed to join in 1975. The caucus does have dozens of honorary members who are white, Hispanic, and Jewish.[citation needed] In January 2007, it was reported that white members of Congress were not welcome to join the CBC.[6] Freshman Representative Steve Cohen, D-Tn., who is white, pledged to apply for membership during his election campaign to represent his constituents, who were 60% black. It was reported that although the bylaws of the caucus do not make race a prerequisite for membership, former and current members of the Caucus agreed that the group should remain "exclusively black." Rep. William Lacy Clay, Jr., D-Mo., the son of Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, is quoted as saying, "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. He's white and the Caucus is black. It's time to move on. We have racial policies to pursue and we are pursuing them, as Mr. Cohen has learned. It's an unwritten rule. It's understood." In response to the decision, Rep. Cohen stated, "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in."

Rep. Clay issued an official statement from his office:

"Quite simply, Rep. Cohen will have to accept what the rest of the country will have to accept - there has been an unofficial Congressional White Caucus for over 200 years, and now it's our turn to say who can join 'the club.' He does not, and cannot, meet the membership criteria, unless he can change his skin color. Primarily, we are concerned with the needs and concerns of the black population, and we will not allow white America to infringe on those objectives."

On January 25, 2007, Representative Tom Tancredo, R-Co., spoke out against the continued existence of the CBC as well as the Democratic Congressional Hispanic Caucus and the Republican Congressional Hispanic Conference saying, "It is utterly hypocritical for Congress to extol the virtues of a color-blind society while officially sanctioning caucuses that are based solely on race. If we are serious about achieving the goal of a colorblind society, Congress should lead by example and end these divisive, race-based caucuses."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_Black_Caucus"]No Whites Allowed[/ame]

There's your answer... not so nice, huh?

--usnr95

I suggest you look up "discriminate" since that seems to be the word you're basing your argument on.

Discrimination is the act of distinguishing based on a class or categorization rather than merit. Clearly, the CBC is choosing their members based upon their ability to represent their black constituents interests. White people don't have the experience of being black in America and can't be expected to understand or represent their interests in the same way a black congressional leader can. It's based on the merit of the individual to represent the interests of the black community.

See post #26...

--usnr95

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

the CBC doesn't fit any of those definitions.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Are whites tolerated in the CBC? Learn to read.

The CBC does indeed practice discrimination on the basis of race, using the broad definition of "discrimination" but that does not make it a "racist organization" as that term is commonly understood.

I mean, if you guys get jollies from playing semantics that's fine. But to pretend that Obama's membership in the CBC is some sort of pernicious association is ludicrous. Then again, it's not surprising.

I am not claiming that Obama's membership in the CBC is anything... I am claiming that the CBC itself practices racial discrimination and that Obama and his supporters have routinely played the race card on practically anyone who disagrees with him, when in fact he belongs to an organization that fits the definition of racist.

You can choose to ignore the facts, but they are facts...!

--usnr95

"Clearly, the CBC is choosing their members based upon their ability to represent their black constituents interests."

This is laughable... please read what it's members have said, not what you wish were true...!

--usnr95

I am not claiming that Obama's membership in the CBC is anything... I am claiming that the CBC itself practices racial discrimination and that Obama and his supporters have routinely played the race card on practically anyone who disagrees with him, when in fact he belongs to an organization that fits the definition of racist.

You can choose to ignore the facts, but they are facts...!

--usnr95

THe CBC is not racist. It's like claiming that the AARP is an "ageist." Sure the AARP discriminates on the basis of age, but I don't think the organization hates younger people.

It's stupid.

THe CBC is not racist. It's like claiming that the AARP is an "ageist." Sure the AARP discriminates on the basis of age, but I don't think the organization hates younger people.

It's stupid.

Haha... you're comparing a privately funded organization of old people with a publicly funded organization of public officials...

I could care less what private organizations do.

By definition and practice, the CBC is a racist organization...!

--usnr95

It's stupid.

I don't think 'hate' is the appropriate word, they do lobby for legislation that is detrimental to young people, to benefit themselves.

Oh lord. Why is it any thread accusing someone other than white people of racism flushes the chumps, who come out and whack each other off.

Oh lord. Why is it any thread accusing someone other than white people of racism flushes the chumps, who come out and whack each other off.

Still not able to adequately argue your position, huh...?

Its' OK to admit that Obama is a hypocrite!

--usnr95

Back