Obama belongs to Racist Organization...

I think a person raised in a poor urban area, regardless of their race, would be more capable of representing poor blacks than a black person raised in an exclusive or wealthy area.

The fact that an organization is racist does not automatically make it a bad organization. The actions and the goals of that organization make it good or bad.

I think a person raised in a poor urban area, regardless of their race, would be more capable of representing poor blacks than a black person raised in an exclusive or wealthy area.

The fact that an organization is racist does not automatically make it a bad organization. The actions and the goals of that organization make it good or bad.

Well that leaves both candidates out. So who should we annoint?

Well that leaves both candidates out. So who should we annoint?

I would like to see a third candidate with a chance at winning. I see serious problems with both candidates.

I am tired of going with the lessor of two evils.

I would like to see a third candidate with a chance at winning. I see serious problems with both candidates.

I am tired of going with the lessor of two evils.

There's none on the horizon that I've noticed. Barr? :eek: Nader? :eek: "Dr" whatever from the Constitution Party? :eek:

How is it that a Presidential candidate can belong to an organization that discriminates based solely on the color of one's skin and there be virtually no discussion of it?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a look at the Congressional Black Caucus.

I have no problem with an insignificant congress person belonging to this racist organization, but a Presidential candidate who believes that it is OK to discriminate based on race causes me great concern.

What say you?

If you can name one non black person who was denied entry into the CBC based on their race I'll humor this. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

thanks,

come again.

If you can name one non black person who was denied entry into the CBC based on their race I'll humor this. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

thanks,

come again.

Prove there wasn't a time that a black person came face to face with kluckers and lived to tell about it. If you find that it happened, then the the kluckers weren't racists. Right. :rolleyes:

There are a myriad of racists groups in the US, indeed throughout the Western world. The question that should be before us is how do we mitigate their influence and change their members' outlook. Racism is racism.

I second ib1. One of the best things about our form of government is the protection of minorities, whether it be race, class, or viewpoint. It's not always perfect, though. So minority groups would be stupid not to form institutions to protect their rights.

And there is a good reason for denying membership to whites, they don't want their group to be hijacked. Any small party or caucus necessarily has to control it's membership or it makes itself an easy target for hostile takeover.

The LP loosened up and now f'ing Bob Barr is our candidate. Or take the Republican Liberty Caucus, it's a joke.

The honorary membership is perfect. They honor their brothers from another mother while maintaining security in their organization.

And there is a good reason for denying membership to whites, they don't want their group to be hijacked. Any small party or caucus necessarily has to control it's membership or it makes itself an easy target for hostile takeover.

The LP loosened up and now f'ing Bob Barr is our candidate. Or take the Republican Liberty Caucus, it's a joke.

The honorary membership is perfect. They honor their brothers from another mother while maintaining security in their organization.

Wow... so you support racial discrimination as long as it benefits some minority... who woulda thunk it...?

--usnr95

Wow... so you support racial discrimination as long as it benefits some minority... who woulda thunk it...?

--usnr95

Nice try. Again it's not discrimination, but a matter of protecting their caucus.

Go ahead and form the Congressional White Caucus. There is no law stopping you. Or I guess you can continue bitch and moan about how tough it is to be white.

Pussy!

The CBC is a good thing. I firmly believe that they are trying to do the right thing. I think that just because someone is black does not make them automatically better able to determine what is best for any minority. But it is damn sure more likely.

Now, that being said, any organization that restricts its membership based on race, would be racist.

The problem is, the word "racist" has become one of those words that is used in ONLY a negative way. And so, those who see it this way must deny any organization that does good work must fall under the definition of this word.

Racism is simply excluding people based on race. If the organization's job is to work for a certain race, then having people of only that race is a benefit.

A similar concept would be when they tried to lower they standard for what firefighters must be able to carry. They claimed that the standard was discriminatory against women. The standard was written because of average weights of victims that will need to be carried from a burning building. Since the weight does eliminate almost all women based on their upper body strength, it is, in fact, discriminatory. But since it determines what percentage of the population could be rescued from a fire, it is a distinct benefit.

Clearly, the implication here is that the CBC is of the same genus as the KKK or GOP or any other racist organization. It's not, obviously, anything close to being racist in that sense.

Back