Obama betrays the Liberals.

He said that shit to impress moderates and repubs who didn't favor Bush or the fossil.
Or he said it because that was what he was going to do. I submit the evidence at hand. He sent more troops and is looking for success in Afghanistan.

you blind lemming, if we had a republican in office you most certainly wouldn't be cheerleading this war in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't send my kids if Obama personally came to ask them, maybe your ok with your kid dying over thier cause Obama's a democrat.
He's still a WARHAWK. Please read something, progressive democrats are against the Afghan war.

I never spoke out against going into Afganistan and said at the time people were complaining about his stance that Afganistan was the way OUT of Iraq.

When was the last time you heard people arguing over Iraq?

I never spoke out against going into Afganistan and said at the time people were complaining about his stance that Afganistan was the way OUT of Iraq.

When was the last time you heard people arguing over Iraq?
Back in the day when Obama and company were telling us that a surge in Iraq would only speed defeat. That it was a failed war that couldn't be dealt with by actually helping secure Iraq for the people that live there.

When was the last time you heard it?

The surge worked because they did it right.

I was wrong on that one and so was Obama.

They had seemingly purposely fucked everything they claimed would work until then.

I think they wanted people distracted by the mess while they stole every scrap of wealth from the country and much from us.

Lets face it Damo do you trust some assholes to do anything right after they have shipped pallets of hundered dollar bills to a country only to have no Idea where it went?

The surge worked because they did it right.

I was wrong on that one and so was Obama.

They had seemingly purposely fucked everything they claimed would work until then.

I think they wanted people distracted by the mess while they stole every scrap of wealth from the country and much from us.

Lets face it Damo do you trust some assholes to do anything right after they have shipped pallets of hundered dollar bills to a country only to have no Idea where it went?
You didn't answer my question, but that's okay it was somewhat rhetorical.

I think going into any war without the full backing and determination of the representative government as shown by a declaration of war is simply a bad idea. I've always thought that and you know it. Bush should have asked for a declaration on Afghanistan and given Iraq a miss unless he could convince them to declare there as well. You and I both know that people like Kerry who voted for it before he was against it wouldn't have voted for a declaration there, because it would be a direct vote to support something rather than something he could weasel out of by saying he was "fooled"...

I believe that the War Powers Act waters down the power of a declaration and makes every vote to "authorize" force a political tool for the opposition (whatever party is different than that in the WH). War shouldn't be a negative domestic political platform, if the country doesn't have the will to back it fully with a declaration we shouldn't be there. People who vote for it shouldn't have a weasel "out"...

I'm going to assume this was directed at myself and Superfreak although it may be for everyone in general since I know it is difficult to actually respond to a specific post.

So this article you posted from March shows Mr. Hollebrooke and a british envoy or diplomat who didn't like the U.S.'s approach to the drugs in Afghanistan. Obama claimed he was going to change it. I'd be curious to see what has actually changed in the past nine months but that's neither here nor there.

How does this article show he's gained the people's trust in Afghanistan? This article makes no mention of the people in Afghanistan.

Actually I don't think he did. The plan he's doing for Afghanistan is what he's always talked about. And Obama isn't a liberal so what do you expect? He's a DLCer even if he isn't with the group officially his policies and the people he surrounds himself with are. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

I guess calling it "Bushs war" is suppose to take the responsibility off the little man-child in chiefs shoulders for any decisions he makes...how cute..

and this President hasn't only just betrayed the poor wittle liberals, he's betrayed the whole country..

he should RESIGN.

Uh Bush started them so they are his "wars" (well occupations). Resign for what? Being a politician? LOL.

Another comment from one of the bumbling fuck ups who got us into this mess in the first place. Why do you hate America Meme?

Anyone who supported Bush and all those fuck ups really have no position to be talking about politics. They were wrong about everything. They were wrong and even lied so who gives a fuck what they want and say? All credibility is gone from them. They should be working on their credibility instead of bitching.

Anyone who supported Bush and all those fuck ups really have no position to be talking about politics. They were wrong about everything. They were wrong and even lied so who gives a fuck what they want and say? All credibility is gone from them. They should be working on their credibility instead of bitching.

This coming from a self proclaimed communist?

As a Liberal pacifist I am outraged. He promised to put an end to these wars.Instead He expanded the war in Afghanistan and is doing nothing to bring the troops home from Iraq. Like he promised.
So what. Extreme liberals will vote for the guy even if he advocated killing babies that survive abortion. His latest affront to you means nothing to his popularity.

Back