OBAMA SPEECH IN FULL: A MORE PERFECT UNION

Since Darla is incapable of finding the info on her own... perhaps you can pass it along to her so that she may begin picketing the church and demanding all sermons since McCain has been in attendance....

"McCain says he is not "born again" and has not been baptized. He says he is "just a Christian," who for many years has been attending the North Phoenix Baptist Church in Arizona with his family. He was raised in the Episcopal Church and attended Episcopal High School, an elite boarding school in Alexandria, Va., where he was required to attend chapel every morning and church on Sunday. At the US Naval Academy, church attendance was also required."
Cool, thanks.

I'll bet he doesn't attend all that often.

Cool, thanks.

I'll bet he doesn't attend all that often.

Um, I already put the link up to that story, and there are conflicting statements in it, but that's besides the point. I had no idea the baboon was still following me around even though he knows I have him on IA? I thought that was frowned upon on this board...I know it is when Cypress does it?

Since he's reading me, I am curious...has his cousin dropped bombs on any civilians lately? How's that working out?

Um, I already put the link up to that story, and there are conflicting statements in it, but that's besides the point. I had no idea the baboon was still following me around even though he knows I have him on IA? I thought that was frowned upon on this board...I know it is when Cypress does it?

I read the story, there were no conflicting statements. He talks about how he grew up and what church he attends.

I read the story, there were no conflicting statements. He talks about how he grew up and what church he attends.

Then I guess you can't read.

Curiosity about his religion was sparked Sunday when McCain, who has long been identified as an Episcopalian, was asked what role his Episcopal faith plays in his life.

"It plays a role in my life. By the way, I'm not Episcopalian. I'm Baptist," McCain told the Associated Press after a rally in Hilton Head, South Carolina.

But the Senator's biography in the 2007 edition of the Congressional Directory lists his faith as Episcopalian. McCain also attended an Episcopal high school in the Washington D.C. area.

At a recent Fox News debate, each candidate was introduced with a short description that included religion. McCain's was described as Episcopalian, and neither the candidate nor the campaign issued a correction or clarification.

The ABC News questionnaire was sent out to each of the candidates participating in the Republican debate, which was moderated by ABC's George Stephanopoulos. The McCain campaign's director of advance Davis White returned the form to ABC.

The campaign stuck with McCain's statement earlier in the day.

"The Senator has made it abundantly clear that he's a Christian and that's the most important issue here," said campaign spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan.

Curiosity about his religion was sparked Sunday when McCain, who has long been identified as an Episcopalian, was asked what role his Episcopal faith plays in his life.

"It plays a role in my life. By the way, I'm not Episcopalian. I'm Baptist," McCain told the Associated Press after a rally in Hilton Head, South Carolina.

But the Senator's biography in the 2007 edition of the Congressional Directory lists his faith as Episcopalian. McCain also attended an Episcopal high school in the Washington D.C. area.

At a recent Fox News debate, each candidate was introduced with a short description that included religion. McCain's was described as Episcopalian, and neither the candidate nor the campaign issued a correction or clarification.

The ABC News questionnaire was sent out to each of the candidates participating in the Republican debate, which was moderated by ABC's George Stephanopoulos. The McCain campaign's director of advance Davis White returned the form to ABC.

"The Senator has made it abundantly clear that he's a Christian and that's the most important issue here," said campaign spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan.
I think you are desperate to find some dichotomy. But that's okay. I prefer candidates that don't hang their political futures on having to kiss up to a particular congregation.

It seemed very clear to me. Just because he didn't rush to correct it on some debate... :sigh:

Apparently Darla's ignorance doesn't allow her to understand I can see her posts when you quote them. Nor does her idiocy allow her to comprehend the fact that my post was addressed to you and your statement that you didn't know what church he attended.

But you can't make it in the new and improved Republican party and be an Episcopalian. That is the church in America that actually thinks that women and queers can be ministers and there would be more whispering about how McCain was not "conservative enough". There is a real litmus test in the big tent of the Republican party. I mean you can VOTE republican and be just about anything you want BUT if you don't goosestep to their right wing theocratic evangelical hymns then you can't be a REAL conservative candidate. McCain's attendance of a Baptist church is typical cynical politics.

But you can't make it in the new and improved Republican party and be an Episcopalian. That is the church in America that actually thinks that women and queers can be ministers and there would be more whispering about how McCain was not "conservative enough". There is a real litmus test in the big tent of the Republican party. I mean you can VOTE republican and be just about anything you want BUT if you don't goosestep to their right wing theocratic evangelical hymns then you can't be a REAL conservative candidate. McCain's attendance of a Baptist church is typical cynical politics.

Ahhh, this explains the "confusion". Thanks.

Back