OBAMA SPEECH IN FULL: A MORE PERFECT UNION

Which was my point. Criticizing one guy for being too loyal then later rejoicing in the loyalty of another while downplaying the loyalty of the first is silly.

Either he is too loyal or he is not loyal at all, he isn't both like Cypress wants it to be.

I've never said anybody shouldn't criticize Bush, or Obama for that matter.

I'll tell you what will happen.

"It's a good speech, but it doesn't negate 20 years of support... blah, blah".

This will still hurt Obama's campaign. So far I've been right. Fist that it was far bigger of a deal than the "It's already losing momentum in the news" ever thought of being.... Second that he would need to do something more than just say "I didn't know." And lastly that each time he does something it will come back to 20 years membership in a church that preaches anger isn't overcome by a speech....

Are the American people to dumb to understand that you can be a member of a church for 20 years yet not belive or support 100% of the preachers political views? You can be close friends with someone for 20 years but disagree with them politically?

He was not trying to overcome it by a speach, he was explaining how and why he has been associated with someone who he does not always agree with. It seems basic and simple to me.

Are the American people to dumb to understand that you can be a member of a church for 20 years yet not belive or support 100% of the preachers political views? You can be close friends with someone for 20 years but disagree with them politically?

He was not trying to overcome it by a speach, he was explaining how and why he has been associated with someone who he does not always agree with. It seems basic and simple to me.
Yes. Because, again, some things you leave churches for, some have done so in their search for a place that is more to their liking.

Which was my point. Criticizing one guy for being too loyal then later rejoicing in the loyalty of another while downplaying the loyalty of the first is silly.

Either he is too loyal or he is not loyal at all, he isn't both like Cypress wants it to be.

I've never said anybody shouldn't criticize Bush, or Obama for that matter.

I'll tell you what will happen.

"It's a good speech, but it doesn't negate 20 years of support... blah, blah".

This will still hurt Obama's campaign. So far I've been right. Fist that it was far bigger of a deal than the "It's already losing momentum in the news" ever thought of being.... Second that he would need to do something more than just say "I didn't know." And lastly that each time he does something it will come back to 20 years membership in a church that preaches anger isn't overcome by a speech....

Your point is pointless because that has never been the main criticism from the left on bush.

I am impressed about how right you are about everything, and how you can predict Exactly what is going to happen though. Wow.
It’s too bad that didn’t kick in during November 2000 you know? What happened to your powers then, were you drunk?

Yes. Because, again, some things you leave churches for, some have done so in their search for a place that is more to their liking.

Well, what we're going to need to know is, what is W's pastor saying? what is McCain's pastor saying? What is whoever McCain's VP pick is, pastor saying?

There are Christian churches now out in the yahoos who give sermons on how to make your semen taste better so that your wife can stand blowing you and thus making monogamy easier for the Gawd fearin man with a hard-on. That's a fact.

There are christian churches preaching a lot of shit, and we better see that dirty laundry all over tv, and if we don't? Then we will anyway because this isn't the 2000 election, and the left - and i don't mean Jarod - will force it.

Hope you enjoy it.

I have and agree some do, but I dont blame those who have not!
People tend to make themselves look better in their memories. They will judge their actions as noble when they have chosen to leave a place of worship, whether they were or not, others will think they have the perfect place even while simply rejecting some of what they hear.

When it comes to it, there are some things they have been taught are "unforgivable" in our society, racism whether perceived or real is one of them. If they believe he associates with somebody they think preaches anger and racism from the pulpit they will reject him.

Well, what we're going to need to know is, what is W's pastor saying? what is McCain's pastor saying? What is whoever McCain's VP pick is, pastor saying?

There are Christian churches now out in the yahoos who give sermons on how to make your semen taste better so that your wife can stand blowing you and thus making monogamy easier for the Gawd fearin man with a hard-on. That's a fact.

There are christian churches preaching a lot of shit, and we better see that dirty laundry all over tv, and if we don't? Then we will anyway because this isn't the 2000 election, and the left - and i don't mean Jarod - will force it.

Hope you enjoy it.
This only shows you haven't been reading the remarks over the past two days on this very subject. Catch up, there is no need to repeat it.

This only shows you haven't been reading the remarks over the past two days on this very subject. Catch up, there is no need to repeat it.

What? Are you telling me that in order to post here, I have to make sure I read all the posts that were posted when I'm not here, and make sure I don't repeat anything? LOL

Damo, try not to be too transparent. I guess you don't like hearing about this anywhere near as much as you like hearing about Obama's pastor, because I bet there are multiple threads and multiple posts repeating that, and you know it.

What? Are you telling me that in order to post here, I have to make sure I read all the posts that were posted when I'm not here, and make sure I don't repeat anything? LOL

Damo, try not to be too transparent. I guess you don't like hearing about this anywhere near as much as you like hearing about Obama's pastor, because I bet there are multiple threads and multiple posts repeating that, and you know it.
I have trashed McCain for his choice in "religious mentors" or whatever he called that guy.

Try not to be so assumptive of my opinion, each time you do it you are wrong. Ask, I'll be happy to tell you what I think. And if you read the threads in the past couple of days you would have already read my remarks about McCain and how likely it is I won't vote for him. The likelihood of him getting my vote grows slimmer daily.

I have trashed McCain for his choice in "religious mentors" or whatever he called that guy.

Try not to be so assumptive of my opinion, each time you do it you are wrong. Ask, I'll be happy to tell you what I think. And if you read the threads in the past couple of days you would have already read my remarks about McCain and how likely it is I won't vote for him. The likelihood of him getting my vote grows slimmer daily.

That's great, but it has nothing to do with my post.

What McCain's pastor is saying in church every single Sunday needs to be revealed to the country, today.

Sure. I doubt he has one. Is he a member of a church?

Are you saying that the Republican nominee for President isn't a God-fearing Church goer?

Wow, that would be news. Now that you mention it, I don't remember ever hearing about what church, if any he attends.

I wonder why the msm wouldn't have talked about that?? I wonder what's going to happen when they are forced to talk about it?

Are you saying that the Republican nominee for President isn't a God-fearing Church goer?

Wow, that would be news. Now that you mention it, I don't remember ever hearing about what church, if any he attends.

I wonder why the msm wouldn't have talked about that?? I wonder what's going to happen when they are forced to talk about it?
Reagan was also not a member of a specific church and rarely attended, he listed himself as "non-denominational".

Again, I don't know if he does.

And to tell you the truth it makes him look better to me.

Since Darla is incapable of finding the info on her own... perhaps you can pass it along to her so that she may begin picketing the church and demanding all sermons since McCain has been in attendance....

"McCain says he is not "born again" and has not been baptized. He says he is "just a Christian," who for many years has been attending the North Phoenix Baptist Church in Arizona with his family. He was raised in the Episcopal Church and attended Episcopal High School, an elite boarding school in Alexandria, Va., where he was required to attend chapel every morning and church on Sunday. At the US Naval Academy, church attendance was also required."

Apparently Darla is incapable of reading her own article....

"I was raised in an Episcopal church and attended high school at a high school called Episcopal High School. I have attended North Phoenix Baptist Church for many years, and the most important thing is that I'm a Christian. And I don't have anything else to say on the issue," McCain said.

McCain's presidential campaign says he has been attending the Phoenix area church for more than 15 years. "

Doesn't sound like McCain is confused at all.

I think the right has a harder time with this concept. They let their ministers, from the pulpit instruct them on the "Christian" candidate and who they can or can't vote for. Even the Catholics did it by saying that they should deny Kerry communiion because he is pro-choice. The Right listens to their ministers, and I believe, vote how they are told to much of the time.

LOL.............

Reagan was also not a member of a specific church and rarely attended, he listed himself as "non-denominational".

How so very true the far left will never get it...I for one was Baptized as a 'Roman Catholic' however I am now a non-practizing Catholic...and claim to be non-denominational Christain..until and if the Catholic Church cleans up it's act...then I will reconsider!

Back