OBAMA SPEECH IN FULL: A MORE PERFECT UNION

The working poor in the white community, economically disadvantaged blacks, immigrants, etc. Surely you are not unaware of the fact that if these groups were ever to band together and demand collective bargaining power, it would hurt the ruling elites? And surely it has occurred to you that racism, or “that black guy took your job” is what prevents this from happening???

thank you. Exactly right.

what she said, cawacko.

No working people can come together without a union Damo. If we can create an atmosphere where the CEOs feel enough Patriotism to bend in our countries interest instead merely thinking more profit then we have a chance to not need as many unions.If profit is all there is and nothing else matters then workers have no choice to protect their own interests which are not being considered.

I will never understand why people place profit over peoples lives and over country. The fact is that most of our current industry heads think just this way(NOT ALL). It will destroy our country as they sell our interests out to the highest bidder no matter what their aims are. There is no reason to ever believe the market takes care of ANYTHING automatically except profit. Profit is not everything. It just cant be for any civil society. You dont run your family that way and when people are concerned it should NEVER be the only concern.

Obama latches on to this union anchor he goes the way of dukakis.
To many people invest desh, nobody wants to invest in the heavily unionized industries.

Topspin too many people who invest are also workers.

They can not add to their 401ks if their job has been outsourced to increase an already good bottom line.

name 3 excellent investment that are heavily unionized the public is way more literate than you think on investing

To the same people who used to use "liberal" but now use "progressive" and used to use "union" but now use "coalition of working people".

Nobody uses coalition of working people instead of union Damo, that is so dumb of you to even say. And whether one calls themselves a progressive, a liberal, or a leftist, “union” is not a dirty word to any of them.

Union is a dirty word to the ceo’s of fortune 500 companies, and the silly little fools they have convinced that they share the same interests of billionaires. You don’t know any silly little fools like that do you?

Again a country where top profit is the ONLY thing that matters is a country that is only a good place to live for the investor class.

I want a country in which people can live a decent life , get their kids educated, have good healthcare that doesnt make them go bankrupt and can own a home and feel good about their country.

You dont opperate your family on the idea that profit is the only measure of life because your family would fall appart. Countries are made up of people. We need each other to be decent to each other to have a place worth living in. When the CEO will scarafice his workers for a penny more profit when he is already profiting what do you expect the workers to do? Go away and quietly die?

Again a country where top profit is the ONLY thing that matters is a country that is only a good place to live for the investor class.

I want a country in which people can live a decent life , get their kids educated, have good healthcare that doesnt make them go bankrupt and can own a home and feel good about their country.

You dont opperate your family on the idea that profit is the only measure of life because your family would fall appart. Countries are made up of people. We need each other to be decent to each other to have a place worth living in. When the CEO will scarafice his workers for a penny more profit when he is already profiting what do you expect the workers to do? Go away and quietly die?

there's no inherent conflict between making profits, and having unions.

Nobody uses coalition of working people instead of union Damo, that is so dumb of you to even say. And whether one calls themselves a progressive, a liberal, or a leftist, “union” is not a dirty word to any of them.

Union is a dirty word to the ceo’s of fortune 500 companies, and the silly little fools they have convinced that they share the same interests of billionaires. You don’t know any silly little fools like that do you?
It was sarcasm. I thought that would be obvious, even to you. I thought you were playing in the same word game, but now I realize that you weren't.

Nobody believes that "union" is a bad word. Well maybe religious radicals, but only if "Civil" is in front of it.

There is in the fact that when you pay a worker more you reduce the profit line.
Only if you are short-sighted. Most smart people realize that paying them enough gives them the ability to buy what you sell and perpetuates long-term profits and health of the corporation.

There is in the fact that when you pay a worker more you reduce the profit line.

That depends. If your revenue is flat then yes paying a worker more cuts into the profit. If that worker who you are now paying more produces more you can still add to your profit margain.

The working poor in the white community, economically disadvantaged blacks, immigrants, etc. Surely you are not unaware of the fact that if these groups were ever to band together and demand collective bargaining power, it would hurt the ruling elites? And surely it has occurred to you that racism, or “that black guy took your job” is what prevents this from happening???

In theory I understand what you are talking about but how would this work in reality? Millions of different workers are not just going to be able to come together and negotiate some contract.

That depends. If your revenue is flat then yes paying a worker more cuts into the profit. If that worker who you are now paying more produces more you can still add to your profit margain.

When you can pay your worker 1/2 dollar an hour as opposed to 15 dollars an hour there is no amount of productivity the can make up for the cost differance.

This is what the corporations are making their decisions on. There are corporatations which have resisted this and are staying in the US and even giving benifits to their employees even when they could make a bigger bottom line impact. They are not just placing profit at the top of the scale. They are balencing their need for profit with the interests of their workers and their country. I love these CEOs and consider them great patriots. I consider the ones who scarafice ANYTHING for increased profit not really Americans and feel no need to protect their businesses from huge tax increases.

When you can pay your worker 1/2 dollar an hour as opposed to 15 dollars an hour there is no amount of productivity the can make up for the cost differance.

This is what the corporations are making their decisions on. There are corporatations which have resisted this and are staying in the US and even giving benifits to their employees even when they could make a bigger bottom line impact. They are not just placing profit at the top of the scale. They are balencing their need for profit with the interests of their workers and their country. I love these CEOs and consider them great patriots. I consider the ones who scarafice ANYTHING for increased profit not really Americans and feel no need to protect their businesses from huge tax increases.

A person could bring in a $500k or $1 million contract and that cost difference would be gone in a heartbeat.

Gotta be the most duplicitous remark ever made to suggest that people he supports are better. If anything Bush is loyal to those he is closest to, to a fault. He sticks with people he long should have fired. How long did he hold Rummy close?

The difference is that Obama admits he disagrees with this guy, and Obama has not and would not appoint this guy to any position. I am sure Bush is still friends with Rummy, and still has never admited RUmmy ever did anything wrong.

If the "you're doing a good job Brownie" quote, for example, when he obviously wasn't doesn't show loyalty then I don't know what does. Bush is to loyal to a fault.

The Difference is that Obama is not saying "That a boy" to his preacher. Obama is officially saying he disagrees with the guy and has and will not appoint him to any position of power.

Total Rubbish. He definitely has been criticized for being too loyal. You just don't want to admit his example sucked.

Ive critized him for being too loyal, just like if this J. Wright minister guy was appointed to some official position in the government and said what he said then Obama refused to fire him.

Ive critized him for being too loyal, just like if this J. Wright minister guy was appointed to some official position in the government and said what he said then Obama refused to fire him.
Which was my point. Criticizing one guy for being too loyal then later rejoicing in the loyalty of another while downplaying the loyalty of the first is silly.

Either he is too loyal or he is not loyal at all, he isn't both like Cypress wants it to be.

I've never said anybody shouldn't criticize Bush, or Obama for that matter.

I'll tell you what will happen.

"It's a good speech, but it doesn't negate 20 years of support... blah, blah".

This will still hurt Obama's campaign. So far I've been right. Fist that it was far bigger of a deal than the "It's already losing momentum in the news" ever thought of being.... Second that he would need to do something more than just say "I didn't know." And lastly that each time he does something it will come back to 20 years membership in a church that preaches anger isn't overcome by a speech....

Back