Obama's healthcare plan: why we should support it

There are some services that should not be for profit, namely the military, police and healthcare. Virtually every other advanced country recognises this as a fact.

can you give me the "why" of including healthcare with military?.....you say it's a fact....can you tell me why it's true?......

can you give me the "why" of including healthcare with military?.....you say it's a fact....can you tell me why it's true?......

Why do think there is a God when there is no empirical evidence for a deity?
The fact is the vast majority of advanced countries have some form of universal healthcare so what do they know that you don't?

amazing....when given a chance to convince people about the dem plan....no one can offer anything about why

Who needs to convince you?

Reid and Pelosi will pass reform, the president will sign it.

The GOP is impotent.

There are some services that should not be for profit, namely the military, police and healthcare. Virtually every other advanced country recognises this as a fact. The US is about the only country that still uses miles and gallons, plays soccer instead of football so I suppose it is not surprising that you cannot accept not for profit healthcare.

So British Service Personel, Policemen, and Health Field Providers, don't make any profit??

Let's face it- there isn't a Democrat on his board who has a clue what the plan is. They want it because they are too fucking cheap to write a premium check every month and they think that they can get the rich to pay for it. *shrug*

Yet some of the repubs on the board think the plan will mandate killing of the elderly. :foil:

amazing....when given a chance to convince people about the dem plan....no one can offer anything about why

All the talk in the world won't persuade people who are against Obama breathing the same air they breathe. Case in point: after hundreds of posts, the CT nuts still believe Obama isn't a natural-born citizen.

All the talk in the world won't persuade people who are against Obama breathing the same air they breathe. Case in point: after hundreds of posts, the CT nuts still believe Obama isn't a natural-born citizen.

complete cop out...i made this thread to give you and yours the opportunity to convince me....this has nothing to do with the birth certificate issue, for starters, not all repubs believe obama isn't a natural born, so your analogy falls flat on its face. this is the second thread i've asked dems to convince me on issues and both times all you guys have done is insult (not everyone) and not offer a single shred of anything substantitive....

what this tells me, is that when it really comes down to facts and open and honest discussions, you guys have ZERO...

Who needs to convince you?

Reid and Pelosi will pass reform, the president will sign it.

The GOP is impotent.

translation:

you have no clue and are supportive solely because other dems are....you also have no tolerance for opposing POV's....you will reap what you so when the repubs regain the majority....and people like you will be the biggest helpers in allowing the repubs to retake the majority

There are some services that should not be for profit, namely the military, police and healthcare. Virtually every other advanced country recognises this as a fact. The US is about the only country that still uses miles and gallons, plays soccer instead of football so I suppose it is not surprising that you cannot accept not for profit healthcare.

LOL, At least we do not play Cricket.

Rising costs, rising rates of uninsured, and reduced access to care all demonstrate that the current health care system does not work for middle class families.

Rising costs, rising rates of uninsured, and reduced access to care all demonstrate that the current health care system does not work for middle class families.

the title of the thread is:

obama's h/c plan: why we should support it

nothing you've said tells me why obama's plan should be supported....or are you claiming that obama's plan will somehow fix all of that...if so....specifically how

More and more Americans find themselves uninsured.

Those Americans fortunate enough to have health insurance often don't get the quality care they need and deserve.

Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have more than doubled in the last 9 years, a rate 4 times faster than cumulative wage increases.

The average cost of an employer-based family insurance policy in 2008 was $12,680, which was nearly the annual earnings of a full-time minimum wage job.

From 2000 to 2008, the percentage of employees with an annual deductible greater than $1000 increased from 1% to 18%. Among small businesses, more than one in three workers must spend at least $1000 out of pocket before their health benefits kick in.

Half of all personal bankruptcies are the result of medical expenses.

The current system has failed millions of Americans and that's why we will enact comprehensive health reform this year, without the obstructionists in the pay of the insurance lobby.

Passing "Obamacare" will be a start. Other leglislation and fine tuning will be required.

However I don't think 10 people in our govt have the balls to do what needs doing.
For one big instance is bargaining with the drug companies for better pricing like other countries do.

complete cop out...i made this thread to give you and yours the opportunity to convince me....this has nothing to do with the birth certificate issue, for starters, not all repubs believe obama isn't a natural born, so your analogy falls flat on its face. this is the second thread i've asked dems to convince me on issues and both times all you guys have done is insult (not everyone) and not offer a single shred of anything substantitive....

what this tells me, is that when it really comes down to facts and open and honest discussions, you guys have ZERO...

Read DNC's post #38. That's my position.

Feel free to offer something substantive in return.

Back