Oh, But It's NOT Nation Building!

when obama nation builds it is good, when a republican does it, it is bad

no. When Obama does in Afghanistan what he said all along throughout the campaign that he would do in Afghanistan...that is good and it is exactly what we expect him to do.... when Bush said he was against nation building, and then turned around and did exactly that, that is not so good.

see the difference, splurt?

no. When Obama does in Afghanistan what he said all along throughout the campaign that he would do in Afghanistan...that is good and it is exactly what we expect him to do.... when Bush said he was against nation building, and then turned around and did exactly that, that is not so good.

see the difference, splurt?

i see, so you admit that 1) nation building is good; 2) obama supports nation building

hypocrite

i see, so you admit that 1) nation building is good; 2) obama supports nation building

hypocrite

I admit nothing of the kind. I admit that Obama said he would go after AQ in Afghanistan and Pakistan and I applaud that.

douchebag

hypocrite

That's silly, Yurt.

Poor decisions & mismanagement have left Afghanistan - the war that most Americans supported originally, because at least the Taliban had something to do w/ OBL - on the precipice.

Obama campaigned on cleaning up our mess there, and sending more troops in to try to finish the job. That's what he's doing.

But, to Dixie, this is a huge turnabout from his campaign rhetoric.

So what is the goal you perceive, via Obama?

the elimination of Afghanistan as an operating base for Al Qaeda...

but, given the fact that we broke it, we probably have to stick around long enough for some sort of stable government to exist upon our departure.

the elimination of Afghanistan as an operating base for Al Qaeda...

but, given the fact that we broke it, we probably have to stick around long enough for some sort of stable government to exist upon our departure.

less than a year?

Yes it is Nation Building. And you, Dixie, have cheerled it all the way. Way to go! Good Job dix! Now that the other half of the duopoly is running it, you cry and moan, thus displaying your love of party before country.

Congratulations jackass, your colors have never been so true.

Yes it is Nation Building. And you, Dixie, have cheerled it all the way. Way to go! Good Job dix! Now that the other half of the duopoly is running it, you cry and moan, thus displaying your love of party before country.

I agree. The partisans for Bush are not even sounding desperate, owing to their lack of an argument of any kind. Yes, the Dims suck, have always sucked, and will always suck. That doesn't excuse the opposition party, and it is the reason that the GOP is the third opposition party in history.

LMFAOOOOOOoooo.... What part of "I'm Loving It" did you not understand, maybe I can help you? As I said... I kinda like this Enhanced Bush Policy Nation Building War Hawk Obama! I just wonder where the hypocritical left wing stands? Are they now "pro-war" like us? Have we seen an end to the incessant blubbering about putting troops in harms way?

Don't congratulate me, I voted for McCain! I feel sorry for the anti-war pinheads, they all voted for Obama... at least with McCain they could have probably guilted him into not sending more troops or something. What can they say about Obama doing it? No, they are the ones who really got screwed over.... hoisted on their own petards!

I admit nothing of the kind. I admit that Obama said he would go after AQ in Afghanistan and Pakistan and I applaud that.

douchebag

Uhmm... I have a few relevant questions...

1.) What is Obama's "Exit Strategy?"

2.) Is this a "unilateral action" not approved by the UN?

3.) Has Congress issued a Declaration of War against Pakistan?

4.) What "diplomatic" efforts have been tried?

...and finally;
5.) What has changed since 2001, that we can now effect a change in that region?

I love it when Dixie just glues on those blinders, and ignores the posts that completely debunk his own version of reality.

We had a definite reason for going into Afganistan.
We had more then a definite reason. Unlike Iraq, Afghanistan was a clear and present danger to our national security. Iraq never even remotely arose to that standard.

What an oppurtunity lost Afghanistan was for the USA. It's the biggest beacon of what dumb asses the Bushies were. Afghanistan could have been transformative! Had we stayed there, not been distracted by Iraq we could have transformed their nation by nation building which would have been justified as an unstable Afghanistan had proven a direct threat to our nation.

If we had stayed on top of things, completely demolished the Taliban, captured or killed Bin Ladin, rebuilt the Afghanistan infrastructure, something we do better than anyone, building roads, hospitals, schools, irrigation and water systems, police and security, etc, etc, can you imagine what the positive outcome would have been?

But no, that wasn't cowboy enough for a bunch of stupid rednecks.

Back