Oh. Canada?!

meme

With Canadians enduring pain for months and years while they wait for surgery, traveling to the U.S. for treatment, entering "lotteries" to get a doctor, and getting "wait list insurance," is Canad...

In the Northern Native Languages "Canada" actually means, "There's nothing here, these are not the droids you are looking for..."

I was in Green Park, adjacent to Buckingham Palace, yesterday and I looked at the memorial for the million plus Canadian servicemen and women who served in WW2. It really makes me sick when Americans belittle Canadians you should all feel really ashamed, when you consider that the population of Canada was around 15,000,000 in WW2, their contribution to the war effort was proportionally much higher than the US forces. As they say history is always written by the victors, but it's time that history was revisited and reevaluated.

Last edited:
With Canadians enduring pain for months and years while they wait for surgery, traveling to the U.S. for treatment, entering "lotteries" to get a doctor, and getting "wait list insurance," is Canad...

There's one little thing people tend to forget. In a "pay or suffer" system the people who can't pay....suffer. So, the question is, "Are there more people suffering under a "pay or suffer" system or under a universal plan system?"

The answer is obvious. Every country with a universal plan started out with a "pay or suffer" system and none, NOT ONE, reverted to the old system.

There is no shortage of wanna-be politicians; Prime Ministers, Presidents, etc. If the majority of the population of any country wanted a "pay or suffer" system there would be someone running on that platform but there isn't.

Check out Canada. Check out the UK. Check out France. Check out Germany. Check out Australia. Check out.......Find ONE country that has a politician running on the idea of dismantling universal medical.

All I'm asking is find just ONE. There are plenty of countries to choose from. Find ONE politician running for leader of a country which has a universal plan and is advocating dismantling it. Surely there must be ONE.

Norwegians and Swedes. French and Germans. Italians and Australians. Greeks and Swiss. Canadians and Belgians. Surely there is ONE.

Please, give us something to work with. Just ONE.

I was in Green Park, adjacent to Buckingham Palace, yesterday and I looked at the memorial for the million plus Canadian servicemen and women who served in WW2. It really makes me sick when Americans belittle Canadians you should all feel really ashamed, when you consider that the population of Canada was around 15,000,000 in WW2, their contribution to the war effort was proportionally much higher than the US forces. As they say history is always written by the victors, but it's time that history was revisited and reevaluated.
It makes me sad when people take things I say in jest so seriously. Especially when I make a Star Wars reference. How is it that a nation that can give rise to Monty Python can be so full of fuddy-duddies like you?

Stop taking yourself so seriously, nobody else does.

Canada---Canada 11,267,000 total population WW2 45,300 killed-percent of the population 0.40%

United States---United States 131,028,000 total population WW2 418,500 killed-percent of the poulation 0.32%

It makes me sad when people take things I say in jest so seriously. Especially when I make a Star Wars reference. How is it that a nation that can give rise to Monty Python can be so full of fuddy-duddies like you?

Stop taking yourself so seriously, nobody else does.

You are hardly one to talk, I would suggest, when it comes to taking things seriously, you also have lousy taste in films. I recommend that in future you try using pseudo HTML tags to indicate when you are serious and when you are not, e.g. [jest] [/jest].

Last edited:
Canada---Canada 11,267,000 total population WW2 45,300 killed-percent of the population 0.40%

United States---United States 131,028,000 total population WW2 418,500 killed-percent of the poulation 0.32%

I stand corrected on the population figure. It is also worth noting, using the figures from Wikipedia that you kindly supplied, that percentage wise the UK had three times the causalities of the US in WW2.

Last edited:
You are hardly one to talk, I would suggest, when it comes to taking things seriously, you also have lousy taste in films. I recommend that in future you try using pseudo HTML tags to indicate when you are serious and when you are not, e.g. [jest] [/jest].
Yeah, because nobody could tell with the Star Wars reference and all... :rolleyes:

Your advice sucks as much as your sense of humor.

YouTube - Oh. Canada?!

1/2 dozen interviewees proves what? In poll after poll 90% of all Canadians would choose their system over that of the US. At Mayo clinic the wait for certain necessary but not emergency surgeries can be 10 weeks or more. Canadians are free to go anywhere they can afford to go for treatment including the US, just as many of our citizens leave the country for surgery they can't afford here.

Have a sense of humor. Here, as a token, feel free to make all the Irish and American jokes you wish. I'll laugh at most of them. Well most of the Irish ones, I've never heard a funny American joke.

1/2 dozen interviewees proves what? In poll after poll 90% of all Canadians would choose their system over that of the US. At Mayo clinic the wait for certain necessary but not emergency surgeries can be 10 weeks or more. Canadians are free to go anywhere they can afford to go for treatment including the US, just as many of our citizens leave the country for surgery they can't afford here.

LOL! 90%? Hardly:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx

http://www.ipsosna.com/news/pressrelease.cfm?id=4467

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/72229.html

Indeed the Canadians have a system in place and there isn't talk of changing it anytime soon. They see the benefits of not putting out there money when going to doc, yet when they NEED to and have to wait, they become very unhappy.

LOL! 90%? Hardly:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx

http://www.ipsosna.com/news/pressrelease.cfm?id=4467

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/72229.html

Indeed the Canadians have a system in place and there isn't talk of changing it anytime soon. They see the benefits of not putting out there money when going to doc, yet when they NEED to and have to wait, they become very unhappy.

My reference was to which plan Canadians would choose if given the choice. Canadians have consistently chosen their system over ours by a huge margin, often above 90% when polled.

Last edited:
My reference was to which plan Canadians would choose if given the choice. Canadians have consistently chosen their system over ours by a huge margin, often above 90% when polled.

Ok, post a link to a reputable poll that asked Canadians to comment on CA system and US system. It's a silly premise, but it may well be out there.

Back