Oh. Canada?!

Clever, but not really true. Other than America macro lagers, it's just not true.

THAT is pretty good.

We used to have a beer in England called Watney's Red Barrel and the joke about it was:

Why are making love in a punt and Red Barrel similar?

Because they are both fucking close to water.

We used to have a beer in England called Watney's Red Barrel and the joke about it was:

Why are making love in a punt and Red Barrel similar?

Because they are both fucking close to water.

I've heard that said about American beers too. If you ever happen this way I'll be glad to show what a REAL American beer is.

And this one.

An ugly fat woman, a young hot blonde, an American man and a Canadian man are all riding together in a train carriage.

As the train passes through a tunnel, the distinctive sound of a loud slap is heard.

When they emerge from the tunnel, a bright red handprint is on the face of the American.

The fat woman thinks "that dirty American grabbed that blonde in the tunnel and she slapped him!"

The blonde thinks "that dirty American must have tried to grab me, but grabbed the fatso by mistake and she slapped him!"

The American thinks "that Canadian bastard felt up that blonde and she slapped me by mistake!"

The Canadian thinks "I can't wait 'til we go through another tunnel so I can slap that stupid American again!"

Makes sense: Canadian's like Brits need the cover of darkness and a woman to blame to strike an American.

The poll margin was 82% of Canadians favoring their own system above the US Healthcare system. 18%, including 'don't know' disagreed.

And Canadians would 'know' all about American system by ?...

Oh yea, what they read in papers that are telling them the superiority of their system? Or maybe US papers that do the same?

Oh yea, what they read in papers that are telling them the superiority of their system? Or maybe US papers that do the same?

Or, maybe, they know American citizens considering 75% of Canadians (That's over 24 million people.) live within 100 miles of the border.

Or maybe they do a little research on other countries which I doubt folks who believe in the "pay or suffer" system have done.

One British woman dies or one Canadian waits in line and the news travels like a tsunami across the net.

As much as I hate to repeat myself show me ONE country that implemented a universal plan and then reverted to the "pay or suffer" system. Every country started out with a "pay or suffer" system. Every one of them and any which changed to a universal system never, ever changed back.

What is there to discuss? Considering all universal systems have varying differences it's fair to say any universal system is better than a "pay or suffer" system.

Most likely it's a better way than seeiing an edited poll of 6 prople on YouTube and accepting that as the voice of the Canadian People. I think it'a safe bet that the Canadians know their own system better than the US RW and their Insurance Industry bosses do, much as you hate to admit it.
The CTV poll stands on it's own, the RW baloney does not.

Last edited:

Well, that's actually a weak argument, because by the same token, what do Americans know of the Canadian system?

Or maybe stories like this one.

"Chelsea Caudle began signing her text messages this summer with a countdown. At 14 years old, she knew no better way to express what was coming. Day Zero was to be Oct. 7, the day Dad left for Army basic training in Fort Jackson, S.C. He was moving 950 miles from their home in Watertown, 950 miles from Mom.

He was leaving, even though Mom was sick with ovarian cancer. Even though he had been at her side through two long, miserable rounds of chemotherapy. Even though she now faced the likelihood of a third.

In fact, Dad was leaving because Mom was sick.

In March, he was laid off from his job as a raw materials coordinator for a plastics company called PolyOne, where he'd worked for 20 years. His severance package had provided several months' salary, but by August the paychecks were winding down. Soon the cost of his family health coverage was going to triple, then a few months after that, nearly triple again. They needed coverage so Mom could fight her cancer.

Dad's solution: a four-year hitch in the Army."
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/64677772.html

A family man, 39 years old with a 14 year old daughter and a wife battling ovarian cancer has to join the army so his wife can get medical treatment.

Survival rate for ovarian cancer: 44.7%. That's the likelihood of being alive five years after the first diagnosis. http://ovarian-cancer.emedtv.com/ovarian-cancer/ovarian-cancer-survival-rate.html

The story continues with: "Just six months earlier she'd celebrated the end of her second chemotherapy treatment. Now, the tests revealed tiny "spots," or changes on her abdomen, neck and lungs. Not a good sign............For three years she'd been nurturing her hope in the face of uncertainty.
"I'm not going to beat this," she said."(END)

Bottom line. There's better than a 50/50 chance she will die before his enlistment obligation ends. They can't even spend their remaining time together. And a 14 year old girl will be missing one parent while watching the other die.

Tell us, Annie, how great the medical system is.

I'm wondering if you noticed that her chemo was not postponed because of payment, but health? His choosing to join military is so very American, very much what many of us would choose, to help our loved ones.

I'm seriously not understanding your point. All I can think is that you think his joining was wrong due to his motivation.

I'm wondering if you noticed that her chemo was not postponed because of payment, but health? His choosing to join military is so very American, very much what many of us would choose, to help our loved ones.

I'm seriously not understanding your point. All I can think is that you think his joining was wrong due to his motivation.

He joined the military because their medical plan was expiring. They would not have the money to continue her treatment. He joined the military in order to have medical coverage for his wife.

He joined the military because their medical plan was expiring. They would not have the money to continue her treatment. He joined the military in order to have medical coverage for his wife.

So, you're point is that he shouldn't have done what he could to provide for his family? Personally, I see the guy as a hero, for country and family. You see him as a loser?

Not speaking for apple but I understand the point to be that with universal coverage, the family would continue to have medical insurance during a period of unemployment and Mr. Caudle wouldn't need to give up being with his wife when she needed him most.

Not speaking for apple but I understand the point to be that with universal coverage, the family would continue to have medical insurance during a period of unemployment and Mr. Caudle wouldn't need to give up being with his wife when she needed him most.

I got that. So, because young people can get cancer, lose jobs, all should be forced to go with nationalized health care? There are options, one of which IS the military. There's no doubt, for some life sucks and isn't fair.

Back