Oh. Canada?!

LOL! 90%? Hardly:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/8056/healthcare-system-ratings-us-great-britain-canada.aspx

http://www.ipsosna.com/news/pressrelease.cfm?id=4467

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/72229.html

Indeed the Canadians have a system in place and there isn't talk of changing it anytime soon. They see the benefits of not putting out there money when going to doc, yet when they NEED to and have to wait, they become very unhappy.

As I mentioned before if there were sufficient numbers of discontented citizens there would be some politician campaigning on a return to a "pay or suffer" system.

The quickest way for a politician to end their career is to mention dismantling the universal coverage. It borders on sacrilege!

As I mentioned before if there were sufficient numbers of discontented citizens there would be some politician campaigning on a return to a "pay or suffer" system.

The quickest way for a politician to end their career is to mention dismantling the universal coverage. It borders on sacrilege!

Really? You mean like the people here that disagree with the road to reform we're currently careening down?

I stand corrected on the population figure. It is also worth noting, using the figures from Wikipedia that you kindly supplied, that percentage wise the UK had three times the causalities of the US in WW2.

The Germans bombed the fuck out of England so it stands to reason you had more casualties Tom. Before Pearl Harbor we had a minimal commitment to WW2, but when we got in, we were all in.

I was in Green Park, adjacent to Buckingham Palace, yesterday and I looked at the memorial for the million plus Canadian servicemen and women who served in WW2. It really makes me sick when Americans belittle Canadians you should all feel really ashamed, when you consider that the population of Canada was around 15,000,000 in WW2, their contribution to the war effort was proportionally much higher than the US forces. As they say history is always written by the victors, but it's time that history was revisited and reevaluated.

You were in the greatest city in the world. I'm so jealous!

The Germans bombed the fuck out of England so it stands to reason you had more casualties Tom. Before Pearl Harbor we had a minimal commitment to WW2, but when we got in, we were all in.

If you discount the civilian deaths of 67,000, then the number of miltary deaths was still around 2.5 times higher.

Last edited:
Have a sense of humor. Here, as a token, feel free to make all the Irish and American jokes you wish. I'll laugh at most of them. Well most of the Irish ones, I've never heard a funny American joke.

Try this one.

An oily, disreputable looking fellow walks into a bank with a large sack on his back. Seeing an open teller, the man walks up to the young lady and places the sack on the counter.
"I want to open a fucking savings account!" the man grunts.
"I am sorry sir, we prefer politer customers," she replied, offended.
"Okay, look I just wanna open a fucking banking account."
"I'm sorry, but you just can't speak that way."
The supervisor, seeing the trouble went over to check on the situation. She got there and got the story from the teller. Trying another tack, she decided to handle the situation herself.
"How can I help you?" she asked, all smiles.
"Listen, I would like to open a FUCKING savings account!"
"I am sorry, but we do not deal with people who use vulgar language."
Finally, the bank manager came over to settle the matter.
"What is the matter here?" he asked.
"Look," replied the customer, "I just won 47 million dollars in the lottery and I wanted to open a fucking savings account to deposit all the cash in."
"Are these two bitches giving you trouble?" quickly replied the manager.

Really? You mean like the people here that disagree with the road to reform we're currently careening down?

The problem is the people don't know the value of a universal plan. They have been lied to. No country with a universal plan ever reverted to a "pay or suffer" system. Not one. Surely that is all the proof one requires.

If the crazy stories that some people broadcast were anywhere near common place all those countries with universal plans would go back to the old system.

We hear about one person waiting but we never hear about the hundreds who have received medical care who wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

Stop listening to the lies and do a little research on universal plans. When people talk about the cost and the system failing just remember many systems have been in place for 50 or more years. Even countries associated with the most dire predictions are not considering scrapping their plans. They are adjusting them accordingly.

The premise that the richest nation on earth can not afford to look after it's ill citizens is beyond absurd.

Try this one.

An oily, disreputable looking fellow walks into a bank with a large sack on his back. Seeing an open teller, the man walks up to the young lady and places the sack on the counter.
"I want to open a fucking savings account!" the man grunts.
"I am sorry sir, we prefer politer customers," she replied, offended.
"Okay, look I just wanna open a fucking banking account."
"I'm sorry, but you just can't speak that way."
The supervisor, seeing the trouble went over to check on the situation. She got there and got the story from the teller. Trying another tack, she decided to handle the situation herself.
"How can I help you?" she asked, all smiles.
"Listen, I would like to open a FUCKING savings account!"
"I am sorry, but we do not deal with people who use vulgar language."
Finally, the bank manager came over to settle the matter.
"What is the matter here?" he asked.
"Look," replied the customer, "I just won 47 million dollars in the lottery and I wanted to open a fucking savings account to deposit all the cash in."
"Are these two bitches giving you trouble?" quickly replied the manager.

Eh it's not bad. Hard to see is as an American or Irish joke though.

OK, try these.

What does urine and American beer have in common?

They both taste the same going in and coming out

An aircraft is about to crash. There are five passengers on board, but
unfortunately only 4 parachutes.
The first passenger says "I'm Shaquille O'Neill, the best NBA
basketball player. The Lakers need me, it would be unfair to them if I
died". So he takes the first parachute and jumps.
The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says, "I am the wife of the
former President of the United States. I am also the most dedicated
woman in the world, a Senator in New York and America's potential
future President. She takes one of the parachutes and jumps.
The third passenger, George W. Bush, says, " I am the President of the
United States of America. I have a huge responsibility in world
politics. And apart from that, I am the most intelligent President in
the history of the country and I have a responsibility to my people
not to die". So he takes a parachute and jumps.
The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a ten
year old schoolboy "I am already old. I have already lived my life, as a good
person and a priest I will give you the last parachute".
The boy replies "No problem, there is also a parachute for you.
America's most intelligent President has taken my schoolbag..."

Last edited:

And this one.

An ugly fat woman, a young hot blonde, an American man and a Canadian man are all riding together in a train carriage.

As the train passes through a tunnel, the distinctive sound of a loud slap is heard.

When they emerge from the tunnel, a bright red handprint is on the face of the American.

The fat woman thinks "that dirty American grabbed that blonde in the tunnel and she slapped him!"

The blonde thinks "that dirty American must have tried to grab me, but grabbed the fatso by mistake and she slapped him!"

The American thinks "that Canadian bastard felt up that blonde and she slapped me by mistake!"

The Canadian thinks "I can't wait 'til we go through another tunnel so I can slap that stupid American again!"

OK, try these.

What does urine and American beer have in common?

They both taste the same going in and coming out
Clever, but not really true. Other than America macro lagers, it's just not true.

An aircraft is about to crash. There are five passengers on board, but
unfortunately only 4 parachutes.
The first passenger says "I'm Shaquille O'Neill, the best NBA
basketball player. The Lakers need me, it would be unfair to them if I
died". So he takes the first parachute and jumps.
The second passenger, Hillary Clinton, says, "I am the wife of the
former President of the United States. I am also the most dedicated
woman in the world, a Senator in New York and America's potential
future President. She takes one of the parachutes and jumps.
The third passenger, George W. Bush, says, " I am the President of the
United States of America. I have a huge responsibility in world
politics. And apart from that, I am the most intelligent President in
the history of the country and I have a responsibility to my people
not to die". So he takes a parachute and jumps.
The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a ten
year old schoolboy "I am already old. I have already lived my life, as a good
person and a priest I will give you the last parachute".
The boy replies "No problem, there is also a parachute for you.
America's most intelligent President has taken my schoolbag..."

THAT is pretty good.

Back