Oh. Canada?!

So, you're point is that he shouldn't have done what he could to provide for his family? Personally, I see the guy as a hero, for country and family. You see him as a loser?

I see the medical system as a loser by requiring a guy 39 years old to leave his ill wife and 14 year old daughter due to lack of money. It's truly sick that happens in the richest country in the world. It's barbaric. Disgusting. Vile.

Pick an appropriate adjective.

Not speaking for apple but I understand the point to be that with universal coverage, the family would continue to have medical insurance during a period of unemployment and Mr. Caudle wouldn't need to give up being with his wife when she needed him most.

Exactly!

It's just one more example why countries with universal plans never revert to a "pay or suffer" system. Not ONE country has scrapped a universal plan and gone back to a "pay or suffer" system.

Opponents to a universal system can not give ONE example of a country that reverted to a "pay or suffer" system. Not ONE example. They have no argument, whatsoever.

I got that. So, because young people can get cancer, lose jobs, all should be forced to go with nationalized health care? There are options, one of which IS the military. There's no doubt, for some life sucks and isn't fair.

No one is forced. No one is forced to go to the hospital.

Life doesn't have to suck. That is the point. There are sufficient resources to look after everyone, medically speaking. Dozens of countries do it. Big countries. Small countries. Rich countries. Poor countries. Capitalist countries. Communist countries.

Why allow such unfairness to continue when it is not necessary? Do you like to see people suffer? Do you not care? Why are you against correcting it?

I'm wondering if you noticed that her chemo was not postponed because of payment, but health? His choosing to join military is so very American, very much what many of us would choose, to help our loved ones.

I'm seriously not understanding your point. All I can think is that you think his joining was wrong due to his motivation.

Can you really be that dense?

Life doesn't have to suck. That is the point. There are sufficient resources to look after everyone, medically speaking. Dozens of countries do it. Big countries. Small countries. Rich countries. Poor countries. Capitalist countries. Communist countries.

Why allow such unfairness to continue when it is not necessary? Do you like to see people suffer? Do you not care? Why are you against correcting it?

Guess what? Africa does not have the resources to deal with those countries with AIDS crisis. But you KNEW that, right. So you are saying that the RICH countries and the poor countries. The industrialized countries and the 4th world countries, should become one. Right? THEN there will be ENOUGH?

Guess what? Africa does not have the resources to deal with those countries with AIDS crisis. But you KNEW that, right. So you are saying that the RICH countries and the poor countries. The industrialized countries and the 4th world countries, should become one. Right? THEN there will be ENOUGH?

How did you ever conclude that's what I was saying?

There are rich countries and poor countries which have universal medical. Big countries and small countries. Populous countries and countries with a sparse population.

The point is the US can afford to implement a universal plan. That's what I was saying.

There are rich countries and poor countries which have universal medical. Big countries and small countries. Populous countries and countries with a sparse population.

The point is the US can afford to implement a universal plan. That's what I was saying.

So the US alone should pay for all?

For all the US citizens, yes.

Well thankfully we've dropped the baggage of those worldwide that are in a bad place. If you think the governments can ignore them, should charities? If they should, why not in other areas?

As for US citizens, exactly which are you addressing? Unemployed? How long? Underemployed? What to do?

Well thankfully we've dropped the baggage of those worldwide that are in a bad place. If you think the governments can ignore them, should charities? If they should, why not in other areas?

I'm sure you've heard the old saying, "Charity begins at home." In this case it's "home country". It is far more likely a well individual will contribute more to a charity than an ill individual.

As for US citizens, exactly which are you addressing? Unemployed? How long? Underemployed? What to do?

Everyone. No distinction. Every US citizen should have access to health care. Sort of like how everyone has access to a lawyer. Those who can't pay are appointed a lawyer. Those who can't pay for a doctor are appointed a doctor.

How can the US afford much of anything if the US keeps spending money and now has a 12 trillion dollar national debt and rising?

Well I read the following and saw no limitation to US:

Originally Posted by apple0154

How can the US afford much of anything if the US keeps spending money and now has a 12 trillion dollar national debt and rising?

I'd suggest retooling part of the automotive industry and start designing robots.

Check out Simroid. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=9&ct=image&ved=0CCcQ9QEwCA
(the robot has a full set of teeth with sensitive virtual nerves)

Or this one. http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/honeydollsensors/2358429
Nicely "equipped" for around $8,000 US.

During my research I came across this!
"Following the recent Ontario/Canada Round-table on gender equality the below provisions have been proposed..........3. No person shall own a sexbot." (http://iankerr.ca/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=656)

Outrageous! As the former Canadian Prime Minister, P.E. Trudeau, exclaimed in 1968, "The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation."

Moving on........."With nearly 22 percent of Japan's population already aged 65 or older, businesses here have been rolling out everything from easy-entry cars to remote-controlled beds, fueling a care-technology market worth some $1.08 billion in 2006, according to industry figures.............At a home care and rehabilitation convention in Tokyo this week, buyers crowded round a demonstration of Secom Co.'s My Spoon feeding robot, which helps elderly or disabled people eat with a spoon- and fork-fitted swiveling arm." http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299677,00.html

This is where the future lies. Bringing in money and saving manpower....oops, almost forgot gender equality...people power. :chesh:

Last edited:
Back