Oh Lord, where Ark thou?

I have read Genesis in English translation, but your position is that unless someone has read the entire Affordable Care Act and the entire Roe v Wade supreme court decision word for word, page by page, they are not allowed to write or talk about Obamacare or abortion rights.

Pretty silly, huh?

Off topic

I'm pretty sure that I admitted to reading some of it.
The old testament in particular is a manifesto of lunacy.
The new testament has some good ideas stated in allegorical fashion, but so-called Christians don't follow any of it.
Intellectual atheists are more inclined to have Christian values in my experience.

Some ain't shit

There is a lot of crap in the Tanakh I just can't wade through. The Pentateuch has a lot of stuff about Jewish dietary law that bores me to tears, the writings have a lot of mediocre poetry that bore me (maybe in the original Hebrew the poetry is more beautiful), and some of the prophets part, the ethics wisdom, is pretty good, but I can't say I have read all the prophets word for word

No problem! But don't pretend you have an opinion!

Your first sentence is just regurgitated drivel that STILL avoids my fact based point. I'll post it here for the objective readers to see, because clearly you suffer from intellectual honesty. Let me put this side bar to rest: to say that over 230 years of increasing global deforestation, industrialization and its air/ground/sea pollution, urbanization on grand scales has no (or negligible) effect on the planet's eco-system is just illogical (or to put plainly, stupid). Too many bonafide scientists from various fields with more extensive credentials than Nye's concur. Industrial lobbies work long and hard on their propaganda to deny reality...and they are losing.

Following your first sentence with your second sentence is a joke...akin to christian fundamentalism about the Bible. To them everything the Bible says is true because the source (the Bible) is irrefutable and above reproach. And I see your insipid stubbornness regarding Nye. As the chronology of the posts shows, you were proven wrong regarding his credentials, but you STILL try to denounce him as a "fraud & charlatan". Pity for you that there is more than documented evidence from folk with higher scientific pedigrees who support what he states. Capice'?

Your last sentence is a lame attempt to put words in my posts that I did not allude to. When you have the intellectual honesty/courage to deal with my original post, then we can have a discussion worth merit. Remember, YOU went down this road despite agreeing with the basic premise of the OP.

You seem to be not reading my posts, but only responding to arguments that you have previously heard.

Too bad.

Do you believe the scientists are wrong about the identifying and dating of fossils believed to be those of polar bears?

I believe it is pure speculation......there is no evidence upon which to base a determination of whether their speculation is right or wrong.......

I believe it is pure speculation......there is no evidence upon which to base a determination of whether their speculation is right or wrong.......

A distrust/disbelief of science is the norm for the most religious. I suspect you've never actually looked into the methods used for determining the age of fossils. I also suspect you probably haven't really looked closely at the evidence for evolution.

Also the norm for the most religious.

A distrust/disbelief of science is the norm for the most religious.

I don't distrust science.......I just distrust those who misrepresent it.......I believe I asked earlier for a link to the fossil evidence for polar bear evolution......I may have missed it......could you link to it again?.....oh wait, you never did, did you......

I don't distrust science.......I just distrust those who misrepresent it.......I believe I asked earlier for a link to the fossil evidence for polar bear evolution......I may have missed it......could you link to it again?.....oh wait, you never did, did you......

What evidence, specifically, are you looking for? The discovery I've referenced was written about extensively. Do you think it's all based on a lie?

https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.0914266107

https://www.science20.com/news_articles/dna_evidence_indicates_polar_bears_are_evolutionarily_young

https://www.jstor.org/stable/25664925

https://www.buffalo.edu/ubreporter/archive/2010_03_03/polar_bears.html

A simple summation of two integers isn't that revealing to me.

What I am alluding to is that mathematics, properly viewed, seemingly reveals some kind deep, underlying truth to nature and reality as a whole. The Fibonacci sequence and the golden ratio seem to be embedded in the very fabric of nature itself --> and we really don't know what that means, but it must mean something.

Thanks. You inspired me to search for more info on the Golden Ratio.

What evidence, specifically, are you looking for? The discovery I've referenced was written about extensively. Do you think it's all based on a lie?

https://www.pnas.org/doi/full/10.1073/pnas.0914266107
"proposed" "estimated" "inconsistent estimates" "fossil remains very rare" "none of which are older than possibly ∼70 ky (and most younger than 10 ky)" "new possibilities".....not a lie......just guesses.....

"proposed" "estimated" "inconsistent estimates" "fossil remains very rare" "none of which are older than possibly ∼70 ky (and most younger than 10 ky)" "new possibilities".....not a lie......just guesses.....

Of course. We have no reliable way of dating really old things. If a woman gets pregnant, her doctor is only estimating the day she conceived. But, if you're going to put your belief in something, why not put it in science where there are established methods, versus a book of fables written by men who couldn't explain where the sun went at night?

This is the MO of the most religious. You have this very discerning and critical eye when it comes to science, but that discerning and critical eye completely vanishes when it comes to looking at your religious doctrine.

Last edited:
Of course. We have no reliable way of dating really old things. If a woman gets pregnant, her doctor is only estimating the day she conceived. But, if you're going to put your belief in something, why not put it in science where there are established methods, versus a book of fables written by men who couldn't explain where the sun went at night?

This is the MO of the most religious. You have this very discerning and critical eye when it comes to science, but that discerning and critical eye completely vanishes when it comes to looking at your religious doctrine.

actually, this may come as a surprise, but you don't really need to know what day the child was conceived if you already realize the woman is pregnant........if she's pregnant, her child is alive.....and that has nothing to do with my religion........biology provides that information to everyone......doctors, pregnant woman, five year olds.....even lib'ruls......

actually, this may come as a surprise, but you don't really need to know what day the child was conceived if you already realize the woman is pregnant........if she's pregnant, her child is alive.....and that has nothing to do with my religion........biology provides that information to everyone......doctors, pregnant woman, five year olds.....even lib'ruls......

The point isn't where or not a date needs to be known. The point is that there are reliable methods of estimating the date of conception. The same is true in other sciences.

The point isn't where or not a date needs to be known. The point is that there are reliable methods of estimating the date of conception. The same is true in other sciences.

so you believe that the dating of polar bear remains is as accurate as predicting the age of a fetus?........has a doctor ever been 150,000 years off?......did the mother mind?.....

so you believe that the dating of polar bear remains is as accurate as predicting the age of a fetus?........has a doctor ever been 150,000 years off?......did the mother mind?.....

Of course not, but it doesn't need to be to raise serious questions about the Biblical claim of the Ark.

Of course not, but it doesn't need to be to raise serious questions about the Biblical claim of the Ark.

its not just a biblical claim.....almost every culture in the world shares the story of a small group, family, or person that was the only survivor of a widespread flood.....

when it happened is irrelevant.........ask first, did it happen......

Back