Once again, archaeology confirms Scripture.

Do you make this shit up on your own...or do you have help from someone even nuttier?

I have never heard any atheist claim that Pontius Pilate never existed....let alone atheists as a whole.

Where do you get this shit from?

I assume you get stuff like that, when you snuff drugs, using rolled up pages of the Bible as straws. Talk about higher then Heaven.

For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again.
https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology...GB49AI-DBwbvtE5Q9SQ4Xygx1L9U2f5NyGRhQQN4Xx-lk

I will make this simple for you.

No atheist I know, has ever been heard to say Pointius Pilate never existed.

Archeological evidence confirming a man name Pointius Pilate was Prefect of Judea has been known about for many decades.

The fact you were unaware of that is on you.

The question has never been about whether Pointius Pilate, Jesus, Paul the Apostle, or John the Apostle were historical figures. They undoubtedly were.

The question is whether Jesus was a Jewish teacher and a political radical, or whether he was deity, rose from the dead, and ascended to a heavenly realm in the clouds.

I will make this simple for you.

No atheist I know, has ever been heard to say Pointius Pilate never existed.

Archeological evidence confirming a man name Pointius Pilate was Prefect of Judea has been known about for many decades.

The fact you were unaware of that is on you.

The question has never been about whether Pointius Pilate, Jesus, Paul the Apostle, or John the Apostle were historical figures. They undoubtedly were.

The question is whether Jesus was a Jewish teacher and a political radical, or whether he was deity, rose from the dead, and ascended to a heavenly realm in the clouds.

Until recently, there has been no evidence other than Scripture that Pilate was real. There are no other historical records of him. The engraved stone, the ring and Scripture are the only evidence. If you disagree, then present this other evidence you mentioned.

Pontius Pilate, like Jesus of Nazareth and George Washington, are clearly historical figures. Do any other than American people try to rub out such persons?

Until recently, there has been no evidence other than Scripture that Pilate was real. There are no other historical records of him. The engraved stone, the ring and Scripture are the only evidence. If you disagree, then present this other evidence you mentioned.

Same thing Kudzu asks:

Your opening comment, "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true"...IS NOT TRUE.

Why do you kick off your thread with a lie?

Test it: Name four atheists who have asserted, "Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true." (Give links so we can check.)

Last edited:

Wrong.

I knew long before you posted this that the archeological record many decades ago established there was a Roman prefect of Judea named Pontius Pilate, undoubtedly the one mentioned in the bible.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ntius-pilate-a-name-set-in-stone-1084786.html

The fact you were not aware of this speaks only to your ignorance.

That fact that you falsely claimed atheists have been running around saying the Pontius Pilate is a fictitious myth, speaks to your abject dishonesty.

Last edited:
Wrong.

I knew long before you posted this that the archeological record many decades ago established there was a Roman prefect of Judea named Pontius Pilate, undoubtedly the one mentioned in the bible.

The fact you were not aware of this speaks only to your ignorance.

That fact that you falsely claimed atheists have been running around saying the Pontius Pilate is a fictitious myth, speaks to your abject dishonesty.

So where is your evidence? I asked for evidence. Let's see it.

The problem is your lack of education. Why don't you do better? Make some effort?

Pontios Pilatos) was the fifth prefect of the Roman province of Judaea, serving under Emperor Tiberius from AD 26/27 to 36/37.

I edited my link to an article about the archeological discovery in 1961 providing hard physical evidence of Pontius Pillate.

It is not my job to educate you, or drag you by the nose to the truth.

All I can say is that you need to wipe the egg off your face for foolishly spiking the ball in the end zone in your OP because you were too uninformed to know that it was confirmed by physical evidence half a century ago, Pointius Pillate was the Roman Prefect of Judea when Jesus of Nazareth lived.

I edited my link to an article about the archeological discovery in 1961 providing hard physical evidence of Pontius Pillate.

It is not my job to educate you, or drag you by the nose to the truth.

All I can say is that you need to wipe the egg off your face for foolishly spiking the ball in the end zone in your OP because you were too uninformed to know that it was confirmed by physical evidence half a century ago, Pointius Pillate was the Roman Prefect of Judea when Jesus of Nazareth lived.
Atheist who claim he wasn’t a real figure are ignorant of history as well.

That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture. And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture. And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

Nope.. Archaeology has NEVER confirmed scripture.. NOT EVER.

The only thing archeology has proven is Pilate was a historical figure. It has not shown proof of Jesus Christ life, death or resurrection, sorry.

Atheist who claim he wasn’t a real figure are ignorant of history as well.

A fair statement, though I have never met anyone who claimed Pontius Pillatte never existed. But, that does not rule out there are some out there.

Archeology is only one line of evidence supporting the existence of historical figures. As far as modern scholarship is aware, we do not have single word written by Socrates, or a shed of archeological evidence of his life. But we can be confident the man named Socrates lived in 5th century Athens based on witness testimony, Plato's dialouges, and written record.

As far as I am aware, the Romans were pretty good at keeping records, and the written documentation of the Roman Empire is profuse. So there may be sufficient evidence prove the existence of many prominent Romans, even absent hard, physical archeological evidence of their life.

Back