Once again, archaeology confirms Scripture.

The problem is your lack of education. Why don't you do better? Make some effort?

Pontios Pilatos) was the fifth prefect of the Roman province of Judaea, serving under Emperor Tiberius from AD 26/27 to 36/37.

Homeschooled. Mommy must have missed a day or two.

That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

I gotta stand WITH you on that, Grugore. You are absolutely correct.

The Bible says there was a Rome...and sure enough...there was a Rome. We can document that.

The Bible says a Pharaoh ruled over a place called Egypt...and sure enough, there was a place called Egypt...and it was ruled by a Pharaoh.

Those crazies who deny that are nuts.

I gotta stand WITH you on that, Grugore. You are absolutely correct.

The Bible says there was a Rome...and sure enough...there was a Rome. We can document that.

The Bible says a Pharaoh ruled over a place called Egypt...and sure enough, there was a place called Egypt...and it was ruled by a Pharaoh.

Those crazies who deny that are nuts.

You know Ben Carson claimed Joseph built the pyramids to store grain.... and then there are claims that the Jews were slaves in Egypt and built the pyramids. Never mind that archaeology proves that to be a lie.

That stone was mentioned in the article I posted. Did you even read it? Either way, it doesn't change the fact that archaeology has always confirmed Scripture. And it doesn't change the fact that atheists have used a lack of historical documents to claim that the Bible is a myth. No one has ever proven the Bible to be wrong about anything. That's because it is the inspired word of God.

It would be a waste of my time to construct a reasoned response to this stupidity.

The only thing archeology has proven is Pilate was a historical figure. It has not shown proof of Jesus Christ life, death or resurrection, sorry.

It has proven that he was governor in Israel, or wherever it was, when Jesus stood trial. It does not, in any way, contradict Scripture. In fact, I challenge you to show one example of archaeology contradicting Scripture. Just one. You cant.

It has proven that he was governor in Israel, or wherever it was, when Jesus stood trial. It does not, in any way, contradict Scripture. In fact, I challenge you to show one example of archaeology contradicting Scripture. Just one. You cant.

Nothing can ever contradict anything you've ever posted. We're all very committed to proving negatives for you.

LOLOL.. There are so many anachronisms in the Bible.. They refer to places that didn't exist or like Sodom and Gommorah which were destroyed a thousand years before Abraham and Lot.

I'll have to dumb this down for you.

The Iliad and the Epics of Gilgamesh have references to historical places, events, and people. There is some nominal amount of historicity in those classic books of antiquity.

But the Greeks did not really build a giant wooden horse to hide an army, and Gilgamesh did not really find a magical plant at the bottom of the ocean that grants immortality.

Your brain does not seem to have the capacity available to higher life forms to discriminate between historicity, allegory, and metaphor.

Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background in religious studies yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim.

The banjo is a four-, five-, or six-stringed instrument with a thin membrane stretched over a frame or cavity as a resonator, called the head, which is typically circular. The membrane is typically made of plastic, although animal skin is still occasionally used. Early forms of the instrument were fashioned by Africans in the United States, adapted from African instruments of similar design.[1][2] The banjo is frequently associated with folk, Irish traditional, and country music. Historically, the banjo occupied a central place in African-American traditional music and the folk culture of rural whites before entering the mainstream via the minstrel shows of the 19th century.[3][4][5][6] The banjo, along with the fiddle, is a mainstay of American old-time music. It is also very frequently used in traditional ("trad") jazz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo

Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background banjo history yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim that whites invented your banjo.

Let me guess. You're going to say you have a background in religious studies yet will refuse to provide any proof of your claim.

I have never said I had a background in religious studies.

Basically Grugore is a liar. or more generously.. simply dumb.

He wrote: "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again."

LOLOL.. That's crap.

I have never said I had a background in religious studies.

Basically Grugore is a liar. or more generously.. simply dumb.

He wrote: "For the longest time, atheists have declared that Pontius Pilate never existed, so the Bible passages that mention him can't be true. Guess again."

LOLOL.. That's crap.

You're the one that thought Obama was qualified based on skin color. Want to talk about stupid.

You're the one that thought Obama was qualified based on skin color. Want to talk about stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CFM

Is that related to your religious "point"?

There was no Bethlehem in Judea at the reported time of Jesus birth.
https://archive.archaeology.org/0511/abstracts/jesus.html

Camels were rare in Palestine introduced later than Bible depicts.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/6662/the-mystery-of-the-bibles-phantom-camels

IMO.. Obama was NOT qualified because of his skin color.. He was qualified because of his education and ideals. What's your problem ? Is if really skin color?

Back