Once you eliminate the impossible...

You are making less and less sense with each post.

You are making assertions. You have no idea if it is impossible for something to create itself...and if you google it, you will see that the question has many different directions to take.

THE UNIVERSE may have always existed. Try to live with that.

Why not stop while you are only very far behind?

The law of cause and effect is the first law of science. Like I said, science could not exist without it. If you knew anything about real science, you'd agree. Science is the process of experimentation and observation. It is only possible because everything that happens is caused by something else. If the same cause on the same thing occurs multiple things, then you get the same results. Every time. THAT is science. And it's impossible if something could create itself or, an event could happen without something else causing it to happen. You are a blithering idiot if you disagree.

The law of cause and effect is the first law of science.

Bullshit. It is the first law of theology...and a minor law of philosophy.

Here is what Bertrand Russell had to say about the "law of cause and effect."

All philosophers, of every school, imagine that causation is one of the fundamental axioms or postulates of science, yet, oddly enough, in advanced sciences such as gravitational astronomy, the word “cause” never occurs. … The law of causality, I believe, like much that passes muster among philosophers, is a relic of a bygone age, surviving, like the monarchy, only because it is erroneously supposed to do no harm.

Like I said, science could not exist without it.

Yeah, that IS what you said. But "science" exists very well in the quantum world WITHOUT that particular law.

If you knew anything about real science, you'd agree.

If you knew anything about science...you would stop trying to use science to prove that there is a "creator" for something you are unable even to prove to be a "creation."

Ontological arguments for the existence of gods suck...and your ontological argument sucks greater than a black hole.

Science is the process of experimentation and observation.

Okay...give us a list of everyone you know who created a universe...and how they went about doing it.

It is only possible because everything that happens is caused by something else. If the same cause on the same thing occurs multiple things, then you get the same results. Every time. THAT is science.

Okay...so...let's move on to those universes that have been created. How many are there...how large are they?

And it's impossible if something could create itself or, an event could happen without something else causing it to happen.

Science very seldom deals with what is impossible...because one of the mainstays of science is that it never knows when something is going to come along to show a previously thought law...was wrong.

All science tries to do is to figure out which is the more probable answer to an issue. It very seldom proves anything...just creates a likelihood.

You know almost nothing about science...and are attempting to use it to bolster a blind guess you have about the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

And, it happens you are doing a terrible job of it.

You are a blithering idiot if you disagree.

Like I told you, I do not blither. And having you call me an idiot is like having Chris Christie call me fat!

Here's a thought........some argue that matter and energy existed in another universe and that at some specific moment in time they became this universe.......logically there must have been some catalyst which made that "becoming" happen.....what do you propose that catalyst was......

matter has always existed

its the nature of reality

why is a ghost living in a void forever more rational to you?

I love science

and math

and history

its your team that has to deny them all to pretend your ideas work

Here's a thought........some argue that matter and energy existed in another universe and that at some specific moment in time they became this universe.......logically there must have been some catalyst which made that "becoming" happen.....what do you propose that catalyst was......

Beats the hell of me.

But...some argue that matter, energy, and EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MAKES UP EXISTENCE...

...ALWAYS EXISTED.

ALWAYS HAS EXISTSED...and ALWAYS WILL.

Are the theists here arguing that to be an impossibility?

I'm an agnostic.

I do not know if this thing we humans call "the universe" is actually THE UNIVERSE; I do not know if it came into existence or has always existed; I do not know if it is a creation and requires a "Creator" or not.

I don't think any of you others do either. The only difference between us seems to be that I, and some others, are willing to acknowledge that we do not know...and you guys are unable to make that acknowledgement.

Okay...so we continue the discussion. It is fun.

But...some argue that matter, energy, and EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MAKES UP EXISTENCE...

...ALWAYS EXISTED.

ALWAYS HAS EXISTSED...and ALWAYS WILL.

Are the theists here arguing that to be an impossibility?

within this universe?.......obviously its an impossibility......

Last edited:
Which one do you consider to be scientific theory?

neither actually.....a scientific theory needs to be subject to testing.......if you want to argue that human beings have a common ancestor with moss you will need to come up with a method of testing your scientific theory.....

not at all......my page has "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".......

PostmodernProphet, I wasn't asking what “your” page was, I am looking to see where we might have common ground, perhaps if you and I might agree on something ... anything.

Do you agree that the following is a valid statement?

“The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known period ...”

PostmodernProphet, I wasn't asking what “your” page was, I am looking to see where we might have common ground, perhaps if you and I might agree on something ... anything.

Do you agree that the following is a valid statement?

“The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known period ...”

I'm going to intrude, because I see what may be an issue with the question you asked PP...and it impact on the general discussion.

I, personally, would agree with this revision of your comment:

“The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for (what we humans call) the universe from the earliest known period ...”

Most scientists aver that we do not know what, if anything, came before the Big Bang...and that we do not know if what we consider the universe...actually is the universe.

There could be a LOT more involved here now...and prior to the Big Bang.

Back