Onceler

Aaaaarrrrgh!

I never would have gotten it - thanks for letting me know. One of my least favorite episodes...

It was Mudd's Women.

<cue spockian voice patterns> Harcourt Fenton Mudd to be precise. If I recall correctly, Mudd is the only non-Starfleet character to appear in more than one episode. The other episode is entitled "I, Mudd."

I loved the way they punished Mudd at the end. His wife nagging him with "Harcourt Fenton Mudd....!" in the most horrific voice.

I am thinking that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

The troll making sense is just a lucky shot. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I loved the way they punished Mudd at the end. His wife nagging him with "Harcourt Fenton Mudd....!" in the most horrific voice.

I am thinking that would be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

The troll making sense is just a lucky shot. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It really was one of the episodes that showcased that Rodenberry, though very forward thinking on other matters including race and soviet relations, was in fact, a sexist prick. The other one that stands out in my mind is, “Turnabout Intruder”, wherein we are asked to believe that a couple of centuries into the future, a woman would be held back from a command position because of her gender.

It really was one of the episodes that showcased that Rodenberry, though very forward thinking on other matters including race and soviet relations, was in fact, a sexist prick. The other one that stands out in my mind is, “Turnabout Intruder”, wherein we are asked to believe that a couple of centuries into the future, a woman would be held back from a command position because of her gender.

Everything I have read about Roddenberry (from writers on the show) talked about his attempts at forwardthing always seemed mired in the past & present.

I always though the mini skirts on all the crew was funny. Even as a kid I figured the future would either have both genders dressed or both exposing lots of flesh.

Everything I have read about Roddenberry (from writers on the show) talked about his attempts at forwardthing always seemed mired in the past & present.

I always though the mini skirts on all the crew was funny. Even as a kid I figured the future would either have both genders dressed or both exposing lots of flesh.

Yeah, I think that is probably right.

Um.. I don't have "ladies days"....

But when ya start geeking out about star trek or twighlight zone etc.... ya do kind of reduce your intellect to that of a troll. :)

Star Trek is known to be beloved by intellectuals everywhere, so…sorry we’re not all sitting around watching girls gone wild like you and cawacko. Some of us like a little thought in our entertainment.

Back