Onceler

Um.. I don't have "ladies days"....

But when ya start geeking out about star trek or twighlight zone etc.... ya do kind of reduce your intellect to that of a troll. :)

As opposed to going nuts about sports or the latest action movies?

If anything, the fans of sci-fi tend to be MORE intellectual, not less. And we have, gratefully, never learned to be ashamed of it.

Star Trek is known to be beloved by intellectuals everywhere, so…sorry we’re not all sitting around watching girls gone wild like you and cawacko. Some of us like a little thought in our entertainment.

Actually, I try to avoid the idiot box as much as possible. Sports being the typical exception. Though I do freely admit to getting sucked into the Greys Anatomy soap opera. That and the Biggest Loser.

Star Trek was just friggin dumb... how many "missions" did Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty and Ensign <insert name of guy about to die> have to go on before the crew learned that you die if you went with those morons?

Love Star Trek. Kirk was definitely the best captain, IMO. I don't care if none of the main bunch never got hurt or killed. I watch TV to be entertained not to see reality. I heve been watching the re-runs of Star Trek all my life as I'm not old enough to have gotten in on it from the beginning. I remember the Mudd episodes and really liked the one with the Tribbles. My favorite episode was when they encountered the "Gods" and Spock was forced to play the harp and Kirk and Ahura were forced to dance....then kiss. Anytime they encountered "alien" beings the show was good. Thanks for the flash back to the good old days.

Love Star Trek. Kirk was definitely the best captain, IMO. I don't care if none of the main bunch never got hurt or killed. I watch TV to be entertained not to see reality. I heve been watching the re-runs of Star Trek all my life as I'm not old enough to have gotten in on it from the beginning. I remember the Mudd episodes and really liked the one with the Tribbles. My favorite episode was when they encountered the "Gods" and Spock was forced to play the harp and Kirk and Ahura were forced to dance....then kiss. Anytime they encountered "alien" beings the show was good. Thanks for the flash back to the good old days.

Me too, I started watching them as a kid, in reruns, long after the originals had gone off the air. I think my favorites were, Journey to Babel, (where Spock’s parents come on board) Amok Time (because I always wanted to have sex with spock) and Mirror, Mirror. (because I love the way Spock looks with the beard…Maybe I am just obsessed with having sex with Spock, hmm)

Actually, I try to avoid the idiot box as much as possible. Sports being the typical exception. Though I do freely admit to getting sucked into the Greys Anatomy soap opera. That and the Biggest Loser.

Star Trek was just friggin dumb... how many "missions" did Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty and Ensign <insert name of guy about to die> have to go on before the crew learned that you die if you went with those morons?

you just don't get it SF.

I rarely watch tv anymore. But when I do, scifi is what I prefer.

I don't want real life, I have enough real life in my real life.

I want escapism. I want to see what the potential for humanity can offer. I want to see what other worlds, other times, and other minds can be.

I watched Star Trek when it was first on. (yep, I'm old) It was amazing back then. The series started before we had landed on the moon. It was farfetched and futuristic.

But in addition to being sexist, it was very nationalistic. Even as a 7 or 8 year old kid, I wondered why Chekov would be so russian and Sulu so japanese if we had all learned to live and get along. Uhura knew lots about africa.

Why couldn't they just get a Nintendo and play Mario like normal people? Oh it's so beyond the intellectuals mind! Fuck that yo!

I know....its like huulllllloooo.......

remember that step sequence that you had to jump on repeatedly to get like 40 extra lives?

I know....its like huulllllloooo.......

remember that step sequence that you had to jump on repeatedly to get like 40 extra lives?

Yeah, all the cheats in that game made it fun to beat, then play again because you were always trying to figure out new cheats. I hated those magazines that told them to you, that when the game was no longer fun.

Super Nintendo was the shit too. Favorite Game: Genghis Kahn.

Yeah, all the cheats in that game made it fun to beat, then play again because you were always trying to figure out new cheats. I hated those magazines that told them to you, that when the game was no longer fun.

Super Nintendo was the shit too. Favorite Game: Genghis Kahn.

My favorite was super mario 3

Back