PAC 12 Exploding

cawacko

USC & UCLA on their way to the Big 10. Colorado headed to the Big 12 and looks like Arizona and Arizona State will be joining them tomorrow. We'll no longer be able to hear Bill Walton and his 'Conference of Champions' references going forward. :(

Its all about money, not the fans...get that through your head.

Because the PAC 12 commissioner and University President’s held an elitist view that we were above the importance of football (and basketball) and ran the conference into the ground. While I hate it, I still 100% support USC leaving. You reap what you sow and that’s the PAC 12 right now.

So what happens to Washington, Stanford, Oregon, California, and the others?

Appears the end of West Coast college football, even with expansion, the Big Ten is middle America, and the SEC southern stretch of the US, and now there will be nothing one could label West Coast football.

So what happens to Washington, Stanford, Oregon, California, and the others?

Appears the end of West Coast college football, even with expansion, the Big Ten is middle America, and the SEC southern stretch of the US, and now there will be nothing one could label West Coast football.

It’s all fluid. I think it may be a smoke screen but the discussion the last couple of days has been about Washington, Stanford and Cal going to Big 10 at some point. Oregon offers nothing; junior college equivalent academics located in the middle of nowhere. They have Phil Knight and that’s it.)

We should know more in the next 24-48 hours.

USC & UCLA on their way to the Big 10. Colorado headed to the Big 12 and looks like Arizona and Arizona State will be joining them tomorrow. We'll no longer be able to hear Bill Walton and his 'Conference of Champions' references going forward. :(

That's going to be a learning curve for USC and UCLA!

BUT I LOVE IT AND GOOD LUCK! :good4u:

It is going to take something like this to break the monotony!

It’s all fluid. I think it may be a smoke screen but the discussion the last couple of days has been about Washington, Stanford and Cal going to Big 10 at some point. Oregon offers nothing; junior college equivalent academics located in the middle of nowhere. They have Phil Knight and that’s it.)

the Big 27 makes absolutely no sense.....the reason football in the Big 10 was so financially successful was because it wasn't in California or Maryland....

no seriously.....I googled Carroll v Big 10 and I got nothing.....I've never paid any attention to Pac 12 players.....

Coach Pete Carroll. He was our head coach when we dominated during the 'aughts and won like six Rose Bowl's in a row against Big 10 teams.

the Big 27 makes absolutely no sense.....the reason football in the Big 10 was so financially successful was because it wasn't in California or Maryland....

College (football) sports are headed to basically two or three mega conferences. That’s just the reality.

Let's face the facts. College football and even Basketball are now professional Sports leagues!

I don't think there is any way to deny this anymore!

I think we'll soon see a structure that looks more like the Pro's.

But, that is just my worthless 2 cents of an opinion!

Big 10 won’t take Stanford, last thing they want is another prestigious private school, they’d flush NorthWestern given the chance just as the SEC would dump Vanderbilt. Being all about money, and how to maximize profits doesn’t fit the character of those institutions.

I read Washington and Oregon were the next target, California not bring much in terms of TV markets that they already have with USC/UCLA. Still the end of West Coast football

Big 10 won’t take Stanford, last thing they want is another prestigious private school, they’d flush NorthWestern given the chance just as the SEC would dump Vanderbilt. Being all about money, and how to maximize profits doesn’t fit the character of those institutions.

I read Washington and Oregon were the next target, California not bring much in terms of TV markets that they already have with USC/UCLA. Still the end of West Coast football

You don't think Stanford wants to maximize profit? Like any (elite) University, Stanford is ALL about the money. In their case athletics may not be the number one driver of it but they certainly care about it.

Back