Parents face jail, losing custody of kids if they homeschool their own children

Good, that makes me feel better about my opinion.

you never answered my original question which was what area would you teach and what have you done in that field? I believe its stupid to require people who want to teach to go to school an extra year to get some certificate when you can get a qualified professional out of the field to come in and teach. That is what I'm referring to. I don't agree with your opinion that any idiot should be able to walk in and claim they are a teacher.

I don't understand. If you have no standards, than what would prevent "any idiot" from home schooling?

Yeah, have a teaching degree and make it a certainty. :rolleyes:

Seriously, have you seen the mouth breathers going into the field of "education"?

Seriously, have you seen the mouth breathers going into the field of "education"?

I'm aware of the brainwashing that goes on in public schools, and were it me, I'd hire tutors I had approved myself to supplement the child's education, as well as taking a very active role myself.

However, to pretend that morons don't exist, and I mean actual morons, who cannot write a correct sentence, and that some of them don't home school, is just not true.

I really don't care, as I already said. But let's be honest about it and not pretend that all homeschooler are somehow the one percintile of natural intelligence.

Hey the republicans need homeschooling to increase their ranks of ignorant brainwashed voters.

Yeah. Well, I've never head of any kind of homeschooler other than the religious freak kind, so they probably have a very high percentage of republicans in their midst. I'm sure that there are some non-religious freaks homeschooling, but, we know who the majority are.

The earth is 6 thousand years old! is one thing they are "learning".

you never answered my original question which was what area would you teach and what have you done in that field? I believe its stupid to require people who want to teach to go to school an extra year to get some certificate when you can get a qualified professional out of the field to come in and teach. That is what I'm referring to. I don't agree with your opinion that any idiot should be able to walk in and claim they are a teacher.

I declined a teaching job in the field of industrial electronics at a tech school several years ago. Why would I want to teach and have to put up with ignorant kids who don't want to learn ?

I have done quite a bit of teaching in my career, from the basics of telephone technology to fiber optics.
I even made some worldwide distribution training videos. I am a STAR :D

I'm aware of the brainwashing that goes on in public schools, and were it me, I'd hire tutors I had approved myself to supplement the child's education, as well as taking a very active role myself.

However, to pretend that morons don't exist, and I mean actual morons, who cannot write a correct sentence, and that some of them don't home school, is just not true.

I really don't care, as I already said. But let's be honest about it and not pretend that all homeschooler are somehow the one percintile of natural intelligence.

The point is that it's not the governments call, or yours. I find many highly educated people to be complete idiots, and many "unlettered" folks to be brilliant. The STATE SANCTIONING of knowledge is a horrible totalitarian occurrence, you should reject it.

I declined a teaching job in the field of industrial electronics at a tech school several years ago. Why would I want to teach and have to put up with ignorant kids who don't want to learn ?

I have done quite a bit of teaching in my career, from the basics of telephone technology to fiber optics.

Which bring me to the final point of the thread, teaching is more about a willingess to teach and give a damn, than a stupid degree. And who cares more about you than your parents? The State?

The Hand That Rocks The Cradles is the Hand That Rules the World. And parents just got their hands slapped away from their own children, by a STATIST HUBRIS that knows no bounds.

I volunteered and taught for awhile and I loved it. Now granted it wasn't a full time thing it was once a week but I thought it was cool.

The point is that it's not the governments call, or yours. I find many highly educated people to be complete idiots, and many "unlettered" folks to be brilliant. The STATE SANCTIONING of knowledge is a horrible totalitarian occurrence, you should reject it.

Highly educated complete idiots? Nah.

Public education can be improved, first by getting rid of no child left behind and all the crap that brought with it. But the basic idea of the system is a good one. Best one going in fact.

Some people who aren't educated are really dumb by the way. I know that offends your sense of radical anti-elitism, but the facts are the facts.

Which bring me to the final point of the thread, teaching is more about a willingess to teach and give a damn, than a stupid degree. And who cares more about you than your parents? The State?

The Hand That Rocks The Cradles is the Hand That Rules the World. And parents just got their hands slapped away from their own children, by a STATIST HUBRIS that knows no bounds.

Chill. If you ever have children no one is going to stop you from keeping them out of the public schools and teaching them all about the jewish noahide conspiracy.

They'll be unemployable, but, and I don't know how many times I have to say this: I don't care.

Knock yourselves out.

imho the majority of parents do not really give a darn, they look at the school system as a babysitter and such more than anything else. The pathtic leve of parential involvement in school activities and such proves that point.

Highly educated complete idiots? Nah.
Yes. Most of them cannot see how racial discrimination is racial discrimination. They are so confused in abstraction, guilt, groupthink, and general sheephood, that they can't think their way out of a hole in the ground.
"CONSUMERISM, bad for individuals, good for the economy" -- threedee ..etc

Public education can be improved, first by getting rid of no child left behind and all the crap that brought with it. But the basic idea of the system is a good one. Best one going in fact.

Some people who aren't educated are really dumb by the way. I know that offends your sense of radical anti-elitism, but the facts are the facts.

Your facts are lies.

We, and those actually taking that degree, used to make fun of it. Nothing like an easy "A" to get you into a room full of kids to shape their minds.

Back