Pelosi calls on Bush to release reserve oil

I'd love to see the supply increased and watch your faces go pink when zilch happens to the gas prices.

Thats why their entire schtick is to respond to everything by saying "anwar." It's obvious drilling anywhere isn't going to help our foreign dependence on oil or even change the price at all for at least 10 years, not to mention the unused fields the companies already have access too.

It's the shittiest of bullshit.

I just saw thew windmill oil guy on a commercial.
His words were "I have been an oil man all my life and this is one problem we cannot drill our way out of" . But then we know topper knows more about oil than that guy, heck he probably just has a GED.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the supply increased and watch your faces go pink when zilch happens to the gas prices.

Thats why their entire schtick is to respond to everything by saying "anwar." It's obvious drilling anywhere isn't going to help our foreign dependence on oil or even change the price at all for at least 10 years, not to mention the unused fields the companies already have access too.

what a freaking moron, you sure your degreed???
How fucking bad will it be in 10yrs without it. Duffass, domestic supply isn't staying steady it's dropping every year.

what a freaking moron, you sure your degreed???
How fucking bad will it be in 10yrs without it. Duffass, domestic supply isn't staying steady it's dropping every year.

Hey Toppy, have you ever noticed that the Saudi estimate of the reserves in the ground have been 260 billion barrels every year for the past 20+ years? Do you think this is an accurate figure? Does the fact that the pumping quota for OPEC countries is derived from the reserve figures give them (and every other exporter) incentive to game the system?

It makes me wonder what the true numbers are. Comments please.

Which is the SAME line of bullshit that has been used by the left as an excuse for NOT drilling ANWAR for the past 15 years.

I don't see why they would need to lie.
What everyone agrees on and what's the missing piece is probable reserves.

Ohh we will drill in ANWR. I am just poking fun at those sheep that follow the ANWR bleat.
I think Picket knows more than any one of us on here. And he says we cannot drill our way out of this.

Ohh we will drill in ANWR. I am just poking fun at those sheep that follow the ANWR bleat.
I think Picket knows more than any one of us on here. And he says we cannot drill our way out of this.

I haven't heard anyone say drilling will solve all of our energy problems. But if it is one more way to be less dependent on foreign oil why such opposition?

So this is your new "talking point"???? Siding with big oil????

Boone is correct in stating that we cannot drill our way out of the CURRENT crisis. We have to have shorter term solutions as well. Which means alt energy. The wind farms (like the ones he is building in TX) are likely the quickest route. Solar the second fastest to bring on-line.

But Picket did NOT say that we should not drill domestic sites you twit.

I don't see why they would need to lie.
What everyone agrees on and what's the missing piece is probable reserves.

Aren't you the least bit curious that the Saudis continue to produce a significant number barrels each year, yet the reserve never depletes?

Because that is what he has been told his position is supposed to be.

You always say that about me, too; but I don't go to moveon.org or dailykos. I don't get daily talking points. I really don't know what you're talking about.

I opposed ANWR because I believe strongly that we're really f**king with nature, and that it's important to fight for what little true wilderness is left out there. I am not anti-development; I just want to see it done in a way that takes the local ecology into consideration, and that is not something we see a lot of.

If there is a proposal out there that involves aggressive new tax breaks & funding for R & D on alternatives, as well as domestic drilling in places like ANWR, I will support it. I understand that we're in a real pickle right now, and the first priority is to get off of foreign oil as much as possible. But if it's just ANWR, it's a band-aid. It has to be part of a comprehensive solution, and I don't want to see a quick influx of domestic oil (which I realize won't happen anyway) diminish our commitment to making wind, solar, geothermal & the rest more viable, cheaper & readily available for American consumers.

Ohh you idiots, if I had the eloquence of words that Darla does, you would all just shrivel up in embaressment for your stupidity.

Even with an education, I don't think I could equal the writing skills of Darla though. So much I will never be able to properly express...

I understand most of it, you guys just have little bits and think you understand.
The details I do not worry about, I see the scope of it.

You always say that about me, too; but I don't go to moveon.org or dailykos. I don't get daily talking points. I really don't know what you're talking about.

I opposed ANWR because I believe strongly that we're really f**king with nature, and that it's important to fight for what little true wilderness is left out there. I am not anti-development; I just want to see it done in a way that takes the local ecology into consideration, and that is not something we see a lot of.

If there is a proposal out there that involves aggressive new tax breaks & funding for R & D on alternatives, as well as domestic drilling in places like ANWR, I will support it. I understand that we're in a real pickle right now, and the first priority is to get off of foreign oil as much as possible. But if it's just ANWR, it's a band-aid. It has to be part of a comprehensive solution, and I don't want to see a quick influx of domestic oil (which I realize won't happen anyway) diminish our commitment to making wind, solar, geothermal & the rest more viable, cheaper & readily available for American consumers.

I understand what you are saying, are you aware that over 20% of US is still in 'natural state'?

http://www.ers.usda.gov/Publications/EIB14/

Back