Pentagon:Iraq carnage soars

so you go in and do all those things in his yard. But just before you got there I went in and removed them to a house down the street. What do you tell the world now? how do you explain your actions even tho you knew all along those snakes were there.

Gaff, expecting anything more than hollow rhetoric from the paperboys are ya?

"Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam through military action justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." -- Chief of British Intelligence, 2002 Top Secret Memo to British Government.

"Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam through military action justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." -- Chief of British Intelligence, 2002 Top Secret Memo to British Government.

Shut up pussy boy, you are about 12 pages too late! spineless little worm....

"The astonishing thing is that back in 2003 when I said "the WMDS aren't the real reason for invading iraq" I was called an idiot and a traitor.

You're right - the revisionism is laughable."

I said it back then too. However I never attempted to say it was oil that made it happen. I presented the theory that it was an attempt to surround Iran with Democracies and thus promote change there too. I still stand by that. Even when it appears things are going poorly at this time, it doesn't change that I believe it was the reason that they went into Iraq, that they presented what they did to get there.

yeah damo that's pretty much how I think about it too. But I have my doubts about it working because they are going to have to change the hearts and minds of an entire generation. Until islam is put into its proper place as just a religion and not a theocracy ruling the world nothing can be accomplished,.

-PAUL O'NEILL, Dubya's Treasury Secretary ― Member of National Security Council: "It was all about finding a way to do it. That was the tone of it. The president saying, ‘Go find me a way to do this’. For me, the notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap.”

-GENERAL ANTHONY ZINNI, CentCom commander and Dubya’s Middle East Envoy: "In my time at CentCom, I watched the intelligence, and never -- not once -- did it say, 'He has WMD.'"…"I did consulting work for the agency, right up to the beginning of the war. I never saw anything. I'd say to analysts, 'Where's the threat?' ". Their response, he recalls, was, "Silence”.

-GREG THIELMAN, Dubya's Director of the Strategic Proliferation and Military Affairs Office, U.S. State Dept.: "I’m afraid I think the American public was seriously misled.”

-RAND BEERS, Dubya’s Senior Director for Combating Terrorism, National Security Council: "I was concerned that we had headed our foreign policy in the wrong direction when we shifted from fighting the war on terrorism to mobilizing for the invasion of Iraq…I thought the administration misrepresented the connection between terrorist groups and the Saddam Hussein government….I never saw that connection".

-JOE WILSON, Poppy Bush’s Ambassador to Iraq: “I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat.”

-FLYNT LEVERETT, Dubya’s former senior director, National Security Council: “"Those Americans [in Iraq} are dying because this administration screwed up…he Bush administration heard what they wanted to hear. They were not willing to face reality and were not willing to pay the price for resources for their ambition” (CBS News)

-General BRENT SCOWCROFT, Poppy Bush’s National Security Advisor: “Saddam is a familiar dictatorial aggressor, with traditional goals for his aggression. There is little evidence to indicate that the United States itself is an object of his aggression..…An attack on Iraq at this time would seriously jeopardize, if not destroy, the global counter terrorist campaign we have undertaken.”

-DAVID KAY, Dubya’s own WMD inspector: Bush and Blair ''should have been able to tell before the war that the evidence did not exist for drawing the conclusion that Iraq presented a clear, present and imminent threat on the basis of existing weapons of mass destruction….'That was not something that required a war,'' he said.

-DAVID KAY: "At various times Al Qaeda people came through Baghdad and in some cases resided there…But we simply DID NOT FIND any evidence of extensive links with Al Qaeda, or for that matter any real links at all."

-GENERAL TONY MCPEAK, Poppy Bush’s Air Force Chief of Staff : "Because of the Pollyannish assumptions that were made by the administration in going in there that ... bouquets would be thrown at us and so forth, we were totally unprepared for the post-combat occupation. And so you see here, unfolding in front of us, a terrible disaster."

-LT. COLONEL KAREN KWIATKOWSKI, senior analyst, Rummy's Pentagon Office of Special Projects: "the neoconservatives never bothered to sell the rest of the country on the real reasons for occupation of Iraq..."

-JOHN BRADY KIESLING, Dubya's Political Counselor to the American Embassy in Greece: "until this Administration it had been possible to believe that by upholding the policies of my president I was also upholding the interests of the American people and the world. I believe it no longer".

so you go in and do all those things in his yard. But just before you got there I went in and removed them to a house down the street. What do you tell the world now? how do you explain your actions even tho you knew all along those snakes were there.

oh yeah...this is the old, "the russians came and took them away in the dead of night" story that not even the administration gives any credence to.

Saddam HAD WMD's.... before the first gulf war... we knocked most of them out and we destroyed most of the rest of them and the last few have turned to goo given their shelf life.... nobody has shown any proof of any new WMD capability in Iraq.... give up this tired old argument.... it is embarrasssing, isn't it?

Gaff, expecting anything more than hollow rhetoric from the paperboys are ya?

nope getting kinda bored with it all too. mm comes on now like he's discussing things normally and having a debate over issues. All i see is name calling and cussing people out for stating their views. He hopes I am rundown by a bus. He wants someone else's kid to die in iraq. He threatens to bitchslap you. Then talks about how patriotic he is and mourns the death of every soldier. He's a hateful leftie.

maybe he feels somehow his words are intimidating, they aren't. they just show the hate and ignorance he contains within himself.

I think I will move on to other discussions as there doesn't seem to be more to say here.If mm can't do any better than bad mouthing people and threatening them he'll join cyphlus on my ignore list.

oh please...you all accuse me of aiding and abetting the enemy, and being happy about the death of american soldiers....you hope that the souls of the dead come back to haunt me and I am the one showing hating and ignorance?

this thread started with the report from the pentagon that the situation in Iraq is getting worse.

And you all refuse to accept responsibility for that bloodbath and refuse to consider anything but continuing to do what we have done so far.

The november elections cannot come soon enough. You loonies have lost all grip on reality...

Give it up maineman and cypress, it's a waste of time....amazing with all the links and facts you post, NO ONE FROM this narrow minded crew gives a flying kite about the lives of our soldiers and our Constitution or in JUST WAR or in TRUTH.

I can leave here as quick as I came here, and people like this make the difference in enjoyment or NOT.

Of course it is beyond you care4left, because a person not doing the day in and day out searched on that stats that ya do so well here could easily read it as 20K from both sides, dead and wounded. We were well aware of what he meant, we were also well aware of the slight twist to it too. It serves well when stated that way, it's been used endlessly......

huh??? There has been 50k - 100k killed on bothsides now, so what are you talking about with someone mistaking 20k dead and wounded as 20k dead from both sides?

I don't understand what you are trying to say or what your point is for all of you to jump on to the 20k dead and wounded as if it were not TRUE, WHEN IT IS TRUE. PLEASE explain your logic.

Don't give the rhetoric crap of calling names which you do so well, but get serious for a chnage and answer with some intellect, please.

it's not all fun and games, there's some serious crap going on in the political arena.

btw, evil dick was what I thought you wanted to be called in an endearing way.... oh, I guess that is reserved for Darla? :(

and you are so wrong about me....just because I believe the way I do about the war in Iraq and I can not for the LIFE OF ME understand why you would support this war in any way, especially after it has been PROVEN that we were intentionally manipulated and deceived in to this war, and NOR HAVE YOU GIVEN any substantial reasons for why we did go in to this war with any kind of legitimate facts or links to support your reasoning,.....soen't mean I have some sort of hatred built up against you or something....

you take things way too personally.

I just know you are wrong, end of subject! and as I have said, you have not given any kind of legitimate support for your opine....none...just some sort of kindergarten reasoning with no support, imo. hahaha.....see, I can't give it up...because I want you to change your view on this to....lol...well to the RIGHT VIEW....hahaha...I am sorry...I am just realizing HOW stubborn I really am...

I'll stop now...

care

I just know you are wrong, end of subject! and as I have said, you have not given any kind of legitimate support for your opine....none...just some sort of kindergarten reasoning with no support, imo. hahaha.....see, I can't give it up...because I want you to change your view on this to....lol...well to the RIGHT VIEW....hahaha...I am sorry...I am just realizing HOW stubborn I really am...

I'll stop now...

care

first I gave plenty opine, well opinion. take the time to read the entire thread, you people are the ones basing things on something I didn't claim to begin with, hang onto the wmd issues as long as you want, was not my argument, I simply asked for anyone to show the evidence it was a lie, it can't be done because it has yet to be proven.

I stated in short that there was plenty of reason before the issue of wmds came up. You people wanna cry about the money spent, I say how about the money spent at the UN? the discussion goes from there to where I can see that it's not a discussion but just like you stated above "you know you are right" well glad to hear that but what is right for you is not for me, thats that so see it for what you want.

Now ya think I take it personally? ha, I could give a damn less what anyone here thinks of me, not even to the slightest amount. I tried to be playful and have some fun but rest assure that was not good, I tried to discuss with my own reasoning, that was not good.

So let it be, I have no respect for you or the people like you on this board with your automatic classifications, and your we are automatically right attitudes. You are a bunch of self righteous, selve serving people I have ever encountered on what is called a discussion board. So again see it for whatever you would like, I won't lose a wink on it......

the money spent at the UN is a drop in the bucket... our annual contribution to the United Nations is less than we flush down the shitter in Iraq in three weeks.

oh please...you all accuse me of aiding and abetting the enemy, and being happy about the death of american soldiers....you hope that the souls of the dead come back to haunt me and I am the one showing hating and ignorance?

this thread started with the report from the pentagon that the situation in Iraq is getting worse.

And you all refuse to accept responsibility for that bloodbath and refuse to consider anything but continuing to do what we have done so far.

The november elections cannot come soon enough. You loonies have lost all grip on reality...

I do say that you are supporting the enemy by spouting against the war. I never said a word about souls coming back to haunt you or anything threatening in anyway. I have also never cussed you out, called you names or wished you death in any of my posts. I have brought out the hatefulness in you by pulling your chain and letting you show yourself for what you really are.

The situation in iraq is continuing, not worse not better.

I have no responsibility for anything going on in iraq. I have no control over any of it. I post my opinions and feelings about things here as you do. If the country wants to elect me president I will be glad to take responsibility for things. You definately would not like it as i would be far harder than Bush ever thought to be. Think about it, you could have worse than Bush.

I am looking forward to elections too. I want to see the liberals eat shit again as they have since 2000. never can tell but i don't think the majority of the country thinks as you do. You've been reading too much liberal bullshit.

I'm not a republican either. I'm independent. and an athiest to boot. So stick that in your organic pipe and smoke it.

I do say that you are supporting the enemy by spouting against the war. I never said a word about souls coming back to haunt you or anything threatening in anyway. I have also never cussed you out, called you names or wished you death in any of my posts. I have brought out the hatefulness in you by pulling your chain and letting you show yourself for what you really are.

The situation in iraq is continuing, not worse not better.

I have no responsibility for anything going on in iraq. I have no control over any of it. I post my opinions and feelings about things here as you do. If the country wants to elect me president I will be glad to take responsibility for things. You definately would not like it as i would be far harder than Bush ever thought to be. Think about it, you could have worse than Bush.

I am looking forward to elections too. I want to see the liberals eat shit again as they have since 2000. never can tell but i don't think the majority of the country thinks as you do. You've been reading too much liberal bullshit.

I'm not a republican either. I'm independent. and an athiest to boot. So stick that in your organic pipe and smoke it.

ROFLMAO!

A message board classic.

Another poster who defends Bush with every fiber of their being, but then claims to be "independent".

This is your war dude. Own up to it.

"I do say that you are supporting the enemy by spouting against the war."

so if I went back and got all those quotes from Delay and Lott and the host of republicans who were spouting against Clinton's actions in the Balkans, you'd say that they were all supporting the enemy too? You actually think that disagreeing with the foreign policy decisions of a president means you support our enemies? Can you really be that infantile, or is it all just internet posturing? Tell me you are not that stupid...please

Last edited:
Back