People's Republic of Berkeley

They are enabled by those that continue to reelect them. They are enabled by the public not demanding that they either officially declare a state of war or not go to war. How does harassing marines support peace? Do the marines get to decide if they want to go to war or not? No.

Should the marines be able to recruit more people so that when the politicians send them to war, they are not stretched so thin? Yes.

You want a simple solution to the whole "the recruiters are lying" thing? Video. Require the meeting to be taped. One copy kept by the military, the other by the recruit that signs up.

And they are enabled by enlistments and people willingly joining.

The problem of being stretched thin is one brought upon them by the irresponsible politicians and they will be stretched thin regardless. The fewer number of recruits, the fewer chances for the death of American and foreigners alike.

Democracy is a pretty piss poor way of achieving anything or controlling the government. Do you think MLK and Parks should have just kept voting until they got the right people put in office?

Military recruiter: What's up, bro?
WM: I don't want to go to Iraq.
Military recruiter: Oh no! There are plenty of options, bro! *that's the lie*
WM: Listen, I'm not interested in joining the marines.

Military recruiter: *stalls for a minute*

WM: Listen, I'm not interested.
Military recruiter: alright, would you like me to call back at another time?

WM: *hangs up*

I've had this conversation more than 20 times since I left high school. They're like bloodhounds. I'm not stupid enough to believe their lies, but others are.

I envision the call going more like this:

Military Recruiter: Hey WM, you're poor and you suck come join the military.
WM: Damn your right, I'm in.

haha, just playin

And they are enabled by enlistments and people willingly joining.

The problem of being stretched thin is one brought upon them by the irresponsible politicians and they will be stretched thin regardless. The fewer number of recruits, the fewer chances for the death of American and foreigners alike.

Democracy is a pretty piss poor way of achieving anything or controlling the government. Do you think MLK and Parks should have just kept voting until they got the right people put in office?

LMAO... are you seriously comparing what MLK and Parks did to Code Pink harassing the marines in Berkley?

Back