People's Republic of Berkeley

Yeah I get that, I'm going to take a big break from this shit myself. But, since Cawacko and SF aren't uneducated bubba types, what's their excuse? They're certainly gleefully ignorant.

And they're still sending other people's kids to die. You don't think Cawacko's kids are ever going, or SF's kids are ever going to war? LOL. And their kids won't have recruiters preying on them either.

If you want to join fine (before anyone starts their own twist of what I am saying). But no one should be TRICKED into it. And the kids who are tricked into it don't come from Cawacko or SF's socio-economic group. So I wish they would just shut up.

I know Capt Jack was augmented from a non-combat role to military police just before he went into Iraq. I hope they don't have him guarding convoys.

That's really the one big thing that the military does... they call military police "non-combat" duty, but our military police do far more combat related work than any other military police in the world.

And how will McCain have his other wars considering that the military is pretty much full extended and extending tours and enslistments now ?
Can anyone say DRAFT!

Originally Posted by Superfreak

I see your "." and raise you two "

All in.

Berkely, where freedom isn't free.

Well, I really don't care about two celibate rightwing guys spending an evening on this thread talking about my hair, how unattractive I am, or how "disingenous" I am. Surprisingly, I really only care about what women think I look like. And I don't have too many problems relating to the fairer sex. :lov1:

But, pardon my abject ignorance of the interwebs nettiquete, what does the "." mean in response to my post?

And what were the violations of freedom of speech that the City Council and Code Pink inflicted on the Marine Corps? I'm not seeing it myself.

BTW: thanks for the poll on SF's IA! :clink:

I've been anti war for years.

Try to keep up.

That’s great Beefy…what have you done about it? Other than complain about Ron Paul on the internet, what have you done about it?
In 99.9% of schools across this country, the reverse of what happened at Berkley is happening. Recruiters are allowed in, the other side of the story, is locked out. Yet, the people who in one school, reversed that, are “orangutan shit” and against freedom. But I guess in the other 99.9% of the schools where the opposite is the case, that’s freedom huh?

You can consider people who spend their weekends, while you are drinking mai tais, and SF is skiing at some over-priced resort, working to get the message to economically distressed kids that you can have a future without joining the military, and that when they tell you you’re not going to see combat, they’re lying “orangutan shit”, and that’s ok. I’ll be orangutan shit. I’d so rather be that than be dumb.

And the comments on this thread, are uninformed, completely ignorant, elitist, and dumb.

Holy crap!

Military recruiters - denied special permission to annoy everyone in Berkley at all times?

Denied the ability discriminate against gays?!

What is the world coming to! Such harrasment.

The military is not being denied special permission. Code pink is being given special permission to harass the marines.

Again water, should towns that are majority conservative be able to harass liberal groups in this manner?

And also I think it’s important that some of the phony’s around here, know this: Some of the most effective and dedicated counter-recruiters? War vets. Guys who were in Vietnam, and now, the IVAW. Iraqi Veterans against the war. I know some of these guys, some real well, one of them is one of my closest friends.

Gosh I’d pay money to see anyone here call them “orangutan shit”. Or see Cawacko call them commies. Or see SF open his big mouth.

They’re not pacifists, and they’re usually really stressed. So, if you’d like the opportunity to call them any of those things? Pm me I can arrange it.

The military is not being denied special permission. Code pink is being given special permission to harass the marines.

Again water, should towns that are majority conservative be able to harass liberal groups in this manner?

They already do.

Anyway, they are't being harrassed. Any private entity that acted the way they did would be fined to high heaven. They're goddamn liars and they deserve every bit of everything that's happening.

Yeah I get that, I'm going to take a big break from this shit myself. But, since Cawacko and SF aren't uneducated bubba types, what's their excuse? They're certainly gleefully ignorant.

And they're still sending other people's kids to die. You don't think Cawacko's kids are ever going, or SF's kids are ever going to war? LOL. And their kids won't have recruiters preying on them either.

If you want to join fine (before anyone starts their own twist of what I am saying). But no one should be TRICKED into it. And the kids who are tricked into it don't come from Cawacko or SF's socio-economic group. So I wish they would just shut up.

Of course they shouldn't be tricked into it. No one is suggesting any such thing you twit. But just like the mortgage situation you assume that everyone is being "tricked" and too fucking ignorant to understand or comprehend anything.

Yes, my kids won't be serving... you want to know why.... I don't have any kids, nor do I plan to. So fuck off with your idiotic reference.

Why don't you share with the crowd what you said about my cousin? I can't since it was in PM. But please, have the guts to say it here Darla.

And how will McCain have his other wars considering that the military is pretty much full extended and extending tours and enslistments now ?
Can anyone say DRAFT!

You realize that by starting more wars he would be sending his own kids into the mix. You idiots don't even realize his youngest son has been serving in Iraq... do you?

You simply live in your nice little fantasy worlds where you ignore simple little things like that. Because it is so much easier for you to simply shout "war monger" and thus make you feel morally superior.

You realize that by starting more wars he would be sending his own kids into the mix. You idiots don't even realize his youngest son has been serving in Iraq... do you?

Yep I did but thanks for reminding me.

I only go by promises. McCain doesn't care about his kids, fine, but save America's. No more marine harrassment of school kids.

And also I think it’s important that some of the phony’s around here, know this: Some of the most effective and dedicated counter-recruiters? War vets. Guys who were in Vietnam, and now, the IVAW. Iraqi Veterans against the war. I know some of these guys, some real well, one of them is one of my closest friends.

Gosh I’d pay money to see anyone here call them “orangutan shit”. Or see Cawacko call them commies. Or see SF open his big mouth.

They’re not pacifists, and they’re usually really stressed. So, if you’d like the opportunity to call them any of those things? Pm me I can arrange it.

Yes Darla, there are certainly vets out there who speak out against the war. I do not have a problem with people speaking out against war. Contrary to your fantasy world where you act like anyone who supports what is happening NOW is somehow a Bush apologist or war monger, I do not like war. But we are in one. That is not going to change. So we have to act in the manner the military believes will be best for our troops in the long run. Not in the manner that fucking code pink thinks is best.

Also, there are also vets out there, some who just returned from Iraq that have the great pleasure of being called... what was it again you said about my cousin Darla? Care to say it here? Because I can certainly arrange for you and your friends to say THAT ignorant shit to his face as well.

The internet nerd fight just got more lame! I am going to get my friend to beat your ass.

As for the original issue, what's wrong with them trying to counter the recruitment? We need to starve the military beast.

The internet nerd fight just got more lame! I am going to get my friend to beat your ass.

As for the original issue, what's wrong with them trying to counter the recruitment? We need to starve the military beast.

I’m not getting anyone to beat anyone’s ass…but anyone who wants to name call about counter-recruiters, is free to understand they’re not all girls, they’re not all Codepink, many of them are male war vets, and if you want the chance to call THEM animal shit, commies, or cowards, you can get that chance.

You simply live in your nice little fantasy worlds where you ignore simple little things like that. Because it is so much easier for you to simply shout "war monger" and thus make you feel morally superior.

So fucking what? How does that change anything. With McCain's family history he'd propabaly feel he was failing them if they were not sent to war.

If you want to stop wars like this, then petition the real beasts.... the ones in DC. Get them to revoke the war powers act as Damo has suggested. THAT is how you solve the problem. Because you know the politicians aren't going to being declaring war (as they are supposed to) if they know they cannot fall back on the ole "bush tricked us" excuse. If they have to take responsibility for their actions instead of pawning it off, they will be less likely to initiate military aggression.

this is ignorant.

Code pink isn't being given "special permission", nor has the Marine Corps recruiting station been shut down. The faux outrage on this thread is palpable.

Protesting and counter protesting are the heart of a democracy. The City Council merely noted its approval of the code pink protest, as it does reflect the values of the elected members of the community.

The city council did NOT shut down the recruiting station, which appears to be the fantasy some are laboring under. They wrote a letter to the Corps, stating their objection to recruiting efforts to fuel a war and a military industrial complex on city property. An objection most city residents evidently agree with. Writing a letter is NOT violating someone else's freedom of speech. And as Darla noted, recruiters often lie to potential recruitee's. I find that objectionable, and I agree with the City Council's sentiments on that, reflected in their resolution. Again, I'm probably the only person on the thread who actually read the whole resolution.

The City is also exercising another one of their constitutionally protected rights. The right to see if they can enforce their Municipal Code pertaining to banning practices in their city that discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. Which is what the Marine Corps does, IMO. That's the city's RIGHT to petition the courts. Why would someone be against a city government exercising THEIR rights??

If a conservative city council condemned a medicinal marijuana clinic, and applauded rightwing christian protesters efforts against that clinic, I would think it was nuts... but I wouldn't come on this board in a faux outrage about someone's "freedom of speech" being denied.

Last edited:
So fucking what? How does that change anything. With McCain's family history he'd propabaly feel he was failing them if they were not sent to war.

You think McCain would deliberately start a war so that his sons had somewhere to fight? So that they would have the potential to be POWs? Yeah, I am sure he is eager for that.

Brush your teeth. That shit that just came out of your mouth is going to leave a bad taste.

Back