People's Republic of Berkeley

I lived next to Berkeley for 10 years and in the Bay Area for 25 years. I know all about Berkeley and it is quite possibly the most politically correct place on the planet. So yeah, the Marines didn't have any legal violations done to them but the attitude they were shown has been shown year after year in that city.

well, thanks for admitting there were no violations of free speech.

I don't doubt for a minute there are some crazies in berkeley. But, I also think broadly speaking, there's a large liberal base there that is against a large military industrial complex, against large standing professional armies, and against wars of foreign entanglements. Which, interestingly, is what Thomas Jefferson and George Washington thought too. I don't think that 98% of the berkeley population is against individual marines or soldiers.

Do you know how many conservative city councils have probably passed resolutions condemning medicinal marijuana clinics, or strip clubs in their towns? I never hear anyone get outraged on this board about that. I actually am probably the only person on the thread that read the Berkeley resolution word for word. And, while I wouldn't have written some of the language the way they did, I can totally understand the principle of being against the war, and being against the government using Berkeley city property to fuel that war.

Last edited:
One more reason to love Berkeley.

But, right now my favorite town is that one in Vermont, who is drafting a resolution to arrest and charge Bush and Cheney with war crimes. :)

I really appreciate your aligning yourself with these Berkeley scum and dingbats in Vermont....saves me alot of time and typing......its takes a big man to admit you're a fuckin' anti-American nut.....

I really appreciate your aligning yourself with these Berkeley scum and dingbats in Vermont....saves me alot of time and typing......its takes a big man to admit you're a fuckin' anti-American nut.....

It also takes a big man to wear a mullet. So I guess Cypress is qualified as a big man:

mullet_narrowweb__200x299.jpg

I have inside information that this man bears a stark resemblance to our resident idiot as you call him.

It would explain his complete insecurity and desire to create fantasies in his mind where his feeble attempts at cut/paste/spin somehow equate to intellect.

Is someone about to invade berkley? Answer! No
Its one of the most liberal cities. Had we not missed used our military in a ghestapo fasion they likely would be welcome. Instead of peacekeepers and protectors the republicans treat the military as a machine that needs kills on a regular basis.

Hang on, without the Marine Corps, that would have happened several times over already. Gerber!

It would explain his complete insecurity and desire to create fantasies in his mind where his feeble attempts at cut/paste/spin somehow equate to intellect.

I like how he'll post something completely disingenuous and follow it up with a :) as if to make it ambiguous as to whether it was serious or not.

And I like that he has a big, canadian, flamboyant mullet.

I like how he'll post something completely disingenuous and follow it up with a :) as if to make it ambiguous as to whether it was serious or not.

And I like that he has a big, canadian, flamboyant mullet.

you see, the smiley allows him to backpeddle and say he was "tricked" or "kidding".... similar to how his beloved Dem leaders can vote for a war and then claim to have been "tricked"

I think the tax paying citizens of the city made the decision. Republicans are some trigger happy mother fuckers.

I think the tax paying citizens of the city made the decision. Republicans are some trigger happy mother fuckers.

Yeah, because they are the only tax payers. How many wars did Clowntoon have? How about JFK and LBJ? ooops.... I guess the Dems are trigger happy mother fuckers too. Get your head out of Hitlarys ass for a moment and perhaps you won't be choking so often on her shit.

Also, by your reasoning, towns with conservative majorities should have every right to make liberal groups unwelcome, correct??? Just create an atmosphere where the majority can make the lives of the minority a living hell? Non-stop harassment? Disrupt all of their businesses because the majority doesn't approve of them? Is that the country you envision toppy?

Back