Petition to Ban Hate Speech

Do you support this proposal?

• Total voters

I'm Watermark

Diabetic
The attacks against homosexuals being posted on this forum are especially overt, and I thusly won't go so far to quote them. There's no effort to hide them. And they mimic what was done by the opposition to civil rights, and the strategies currently employed by hate groups. It's grotesque, offensive and not suited to any public forum. Personally, I don't feel comfortable posting on a forum that allows it. So I've created this petition to ban hate speech on the forums. If it doesn't go through, I prompt you to just pick up and leave. If JPP wants to become the next Stormfront, let it. But I won't be along for the ride.

This just isn't okay anymore.

From SPLC which categorizes organizations employing such rhetoric as hate groups.

The religious right in America has employed a variety of strategies in its efforts to beat back the increasingly confident gay rights movement. One of those has been defamation. Many of its leaders have engaged in the crudest type of name-calling, describing LGBT people as "perverts" with "filthy habits" who seek to snatch the children of straight parents and "convert" them to gay sex. They have disseminated disparaging "facts" about gays that are simply untrue — assertions that are remarkably reminiscent of the way white intellectuals and scientists once wrote about the "bestial" black man and his supposedly threatening sexuality.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/ideology/anti-gay

The attacks against homosexuals being posted on this forum are especially overt, and I thusly won't go so far to quote them. There's no effort to hide them. And they mimic what was done by the opposition to civil rights, and the strategies currently employed by hate groups. It's grotesque, offensive and not suited to any public forum. Personally, I don't feel comfortable posting on a forum that allows it. So I've created this petition to ban hate speech on the forums. If it doesn't go through, I prompt you to just pick up and leave. If JPP wants to become the next Stormfront, let it. But I won't be along for the ride.

This just isn't okay anymore.

From SPLC which categorizes organizations employing such rhetoric as hate groups.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/ideology/anti-gay
You're a Communist, Sycamore. Everything you say is hate-filled. You hate free speech, you hate freedom in general, and you still have the balls to chastise us? Go home.

You're a Communist, Sycamore. Everything you say is hate-filled. You hate free speech, you hate freedom in general, and you still have the balls to chastise us? Go home.

Get a grip. Do you even know what communism is? And hate speech is hate speech, no matter who points it out.

That doesn't mean I think Damn Southerner and his cohorts should do anything but hang themselves, but so long as they are posting on this site, they are protected by the rules.

homophobes will be homophobes. ignore them.

That's right. We have ignore list and thread bans. And yet, damned if I see these tools used often. I guess people here need the staff to hold their hands through everything they don't like because no one here is a functioning adult. We even have a special sub-forums where posts like what the OP mentioned are not allowed. And yet.....nothing.

That's right. We have ignore list and thread bans. And yet, damned if I see these tools used often. I guess people here need the staff to hold their hands through everything they don't like because no one here is a functioning adult. We even have a special sub-forums where posts like what the OP mentioned are not allowed. And yet.....nothing.

Yeah, that's a good point. So if the petition doesn't go through, I'd like to be publicly banned from the "Political Forums" sub-forums, if only to make a point.

Howey won't take a stand against this, but I will. This garbage isn't suited for any public forum.

Yeah, that's a good point. So if the petition doesn't go through, I'd like to be publicly banned from the "Political Forums" sub-forums, if only to make a point.

Howey won't take a stand against this, but I will. This garbage isn't suited for any public forum.

As the resident fag, I will take a stand.

Homophobia and it's resultant hate speech are the product of ignorance.

As a gay person, I'm not affected by such silliness as I'm intellectually superior to neanderthals.

Define hate speech. I'm not being facetious.

This is a good definition:

Hate speech is a communication that carries no meaning other than the expression of hatred for some group, especially in circumstances in which the communication is likely to provoke violence. It is an incitement to hatred primarily against a group of persons defined in terms of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and the like. Hate speech can be any form of expression regarded as offensive to racial, ethnic and religious groups and other discrete minorities or to women.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/h/hate-speech/

As the resident fag, I will take a stand.

Homophobia and it's resultant hate speech are the product of ignorance.

As a gay person, I'm not affected by such silliness as I'm intellectually superior to neanderthals.

I just don't think it's acceptable. These views should be marginalized and shut out from public debates. They aren't some kind of ideology. They serve no purpose but to belittle and disempower the homosexual community.

These are direct, hateful attacks and they're vulgar.

I just don't think it's acceptable. These views should be marginalized and shut out from public debates. They aren't some kind of ideology. They serve no purpose but to belittle and disempower the homosexual community.

These are direct, hateful attacks and they're vulgar.

Incorrect. Exposing the ignorance of homophobes and bigots and their words of hate is educational. You or I can never educate them, they're beyons intelligence. However, others will learn through their exposure as uneducated morons and the discussions that arise.

Their words not only empower the homosexual community, they also empower the enlighted and educated straights.

Incorrect. Exposing the ignorance of homophobes and bigots and their words of hate is educational. You or I can never educate them, they're beyons intelligence. However, others will learn through their exposure as uneducated morons and the discussions that arise.

Their words not only empower the homosexual community, they also empower the "enlighted and educated" straights.
Translation: Loser Leftist Pinheads. Oh, and about the only thing you are "intellecutally superior" to is a tapeworm, prag.

It's a decent definition, though I would disagree with religion being on there. Every other thing mentioned on your list is a quality someone is born with, and innate to their being. Religion is a belief system, no different than being a democrat or a republican. It can be changed. The other things can't.

Good definition aside, it'll never work on here.

It's a decent definition, though I would disagree with religion being on there. Every other thing mentioned on your list is a quality someone is born with, and innate to their being. Religion is a belief system, no different than being a democrat or a republican. It can be changed. The other things can't.

Good definition aside, it'll never work on here.

Oh no, I think we should include religion if such a ban on language would actually make into the rules here. Any and ALL minorities have the right to be free from petty attacks.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable posting on a forum that allows it.

and yet you are still here. There are plenty of other forums on the internet, almost all bigger than JPP, that have the type of rules that you would want.

But I won't be along for the ride.

bullshit, you aren't going anywhere. As I just said above, there are plenty of other political forums on the net, almost all bigger in scope than our site. It would be far easier for you to just pick up now and go somewhere else. The fact that you aren't doing so is because in some way you are attached to this space that you aren't in other areas.

I promise you, you are never leaving this site, no matter what. The people that talk about leaving JPP are always the more likely ones to come back.

Think of it logically, normal people that don't really give a shit just quietly disappear into the night, and don't make big announcements about it, because they honestly don't really care about the site that much. People that make big "I'm leaving announcements" are the biggest drama queens. JPP is a drama factory. You do the math.

Back