Play by Play: The ABC Debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris

Kamala asserts that Trump has used race to divide the country.

This is painful. Kamala is only attacking Trump and appealing to hearsay. She still hasn't mentioned any policy positions.

Kamala offers a new generation of leadership for Americans. She believes in the American people, to pursue in their ambitions ...

Aaaaaaaggghhhhhh!

Finally, some policy positions:

Kamala:
We need to cultivate Obamacare [time wasting on Trump's dislike for John McCain]

Oh well, ABC had to move on to Climate Change

Kamala on Climate Change: We have created 350,000 new manufacturing jobs.

Trump: Kamala lost 10,000 manufacturing jobs last month. We won't let other countries kill our economy. We will use tariffs to protect American jobs.

You've got to be kidding me. There can't be a single warmizombie or climate lemming who is happy with this segment of the debate.

I will say ABC is being more fair than I thought they would be.
Trump made his points on the economy and immigration.

Closing statements:

Kamala: We have seen two very different visions for the country, one that focuses on the future and one that focuses on the past, and we're not going back. We need an opportunity economy to support new families. She never asked whether someone is a Republican or a Democrat. As President, she will protect our fundamental rights and freedoms, and she will respect everyone and the military and everyone. She will be a President for all Americans.

Trump: Kamala claims she is going to do lots of things, why hasn't she done it already? She doesn't believe in the things that the American people believe in. We're being laughed at all over the world, we're not a leader, we have wars going on, Russia and Ukraine.

... and that ends the debate.

NOTE: The post-debate commentary is spinning it in favor of Kamala, celebrating that she "effectively got under his skin" and "punched every trigger point."

ABC is asserting that Republican strategists are all frustrated with Trump and worried. According to ABC, the highlights of the debate are as follows:

* Kamala Harris reminded everyone what a disaster Donald Trump's Presidency was
* Donald Trump had no vision and no plan for the country
* Democrats are very happy with how Kamala prosecuted the case against Donald Trump

You might think I'm exaggerating. You might think ABC is talking about some other event besides the debate that happened tonight.

You would be mistaken.

I didn't see that part but if a moderator did say that, then the debate was over at that point. The moderator(s) have no business injecting themselves into the debate and saying anything in response to what either candidate said only shows massive bias on the part of the moderators.
That was my point in posting that. The moderators routinely cut off Trump with "We need to move on."

OK, the first break has ended and now we return to the debate, starting with the war in Ukraine.

Trump doesn't want a winner, per se, he wants the war to end. He wants to get the conflict resolved. He will settle it before becoming President. Putin entered Ukraine because Kamala negotiated with Putin from a position of weakness and three days later, Putin entered Ukraine.

Kamala says that Trump would just give up the war in Ukraine, and that's not who we are as Americans. Kamala says she brought 50 countries together to support Ukraine. Putin is the bad guy and Kamala is keeping Putin from sitting in Kiev. Kamala's position is that the Ukraine war is about America standing together as Americans. The American people have a right to rely on a President who won't sell them out.
I like Trump's position. Ukraine can't win, and neither can Russia. But Russia can stay in that war far longer than Ukraine. Best to get a negotiated peace. Our funding Ukraine is a waste of taxpayer money. We get NOTHING out of it.

With Israel, at least there is a giveback in the form of advanced weapons research like the Iron Dome technology as one example.

History....Wednesday evening after all the bullshit play by play comments have been made....POLLS WILL REFLECT THE SAME RESULTS...TRUMP 49% HARRIS 48%, IN SHORT A TIE. People are locked in, nothing new can be said or spoken will change minds. Those who are undecided, will probably vote Trump because the choice is clear, you can either vote for a clown, a fool and a idiot, or the black woman, who is more than qualified to lead. Trump is tied with Harris, because she's black and she's a woman, plain and simple. No more debates, Harris has choices and that's to make sure our elections are FAIR AND OPEN and Democrats get out and register voters...that's it.​

Back