Policy question: Inflation

Not that simple. Oligopoly changes the equation.

We do not permit oligopolies and monopolies. Try again dimwitted wonder dunce.

When an industry becomes one, they can move prices to increase profits, It subdues competition allowing them to provide worse service and less innovation. Many major industries have done that. That is why cable, groceries, gas, healthcare, retail and many others can raise prices and deliver less.

What industry has become one, other than Government?

Once again, for the idiot class, it is who is in charge of Congress that runs up the debt halfwit. Look at Congress to see who the REAL big spenders are.

Carry on shit-for-brains. No wonder you vote for Democrats, you're ignorant, uneducated, gullible and like being gaslighted. Most likely your ugly too. :laugh:
YES for your class . you idiots only seem NOT to remember that the President can veto and send the budget back to congress until he is happy with it
and NO I don't decide what is a FAIR profit, but having record profits year after year and blaming COVID to keep them as high as they have been is gouging and it should be looked into.
and again READ what I posted about our Natural gas and putting it on the world market, being on the world market means we have to pay what the market will bare and that drives up the cost of electric
Have a nice day

Masters in art? Useful idiot.

I wish you were as smart and clever as you think you are, but alas, your policy preferences, party preferences and economics suggest you're a halfwit.

So, what is your point for this thread wonder dunce?
Again, I would suggest reading the OP, unless that is too challenging for you. It is self explanatory. If there are certain words giving you trouble, perhaps you could list them and I'll help you out. Maybe I can find some pictures too.

It increases the supply of a major commodity, reducing demand which reduces its price which in turn reduces the cost of distribution of goods.
OK but in 2020, it wasn't the supply of oil that increased, it was the demand for oil that decreased because of the pandemic Trump called a hoax.

OK but in 2020, it wasn't the supply of oil that increased, it was the demand for oil that decreased because of the pandemic Trump called a hoax.
Like the hoax that the vaccine would stop the spread of covid or that masks worked and social distancing was based on "science". Why do you think everyone is a stupid as you?

Like the hoax that the vaccine would stop the spread of covid or that masks worked and social distancing was based on "science". Why do you think everyone is a stupid as you?

Continuing to lie about and retcon your terrible, stupid COVID response is the precise reason why Conservatives continue to lose elections.

You just can't seem to shut the fuck up.

Continuing to lie about and retcon your terrible, stupid COVID response is the precise reason why Conservatives continue to lose elections.

You just can't seem to shut the fuck up.
The little shit dr hobbit admitted social distancing "just appeared" but rejecting him was rejected sciences he said. Seems you have too much fauci balls in your mouth to think clearly. Ill ask you again, why do you think everyone is as stupid as you?

You’re half right.

The discussion I replied to was about the Keystone pipeline. If you want to claim there

other factors, cite them and demonstrate the impact on inflation. Be specific and cite sources. Otherwise you are just repeating political rhetoric. I’ll wait.

You’re half right.

The discussion I replied to was about the Keystone pipeline. If you want to claim there are other factors, cite them and demonstrate the impact on inflation. Be specific and cite sources. Otherwise you are just repeating political rhetoric. I’ll wait.

Trump’s Record Far Superior to Biden’s on Debt and Inflation​

and over 100 US oil producers had just went Bankrupt and a lot of them out of business for good because of the Saudi / Russian oil price war.
so the supply of US oil went down but the US refinery's had stored billions of barrels of that cheep oil from the Saudis and they finally started running out of it in mid Dec 2020 , and that is when the price started going up and the Right didn't take that into consideration and put all the blame on Biden
have a nice day

Trump’s Record Far Superior to Biden’s on Debt and Inflation​

That is political garbage from a right wing website. It does not have any relevance to the question I asked in the OP. You posted rhetoric from the Heritage Foundation, the authors of Project 2025. This is not a political question, it is an economic question. You appear entirely unable to detach yourself from rhetoric and give an actual, thoughtful answer. Grade: F

and over 100 US oil producers had just went Bankrupt and a lot of them out of business for good because of the Saudi / Russian oil price war.
so the supply of US oil went down but the US refinery's had stored billions of barrels of that cheep oil from the Saudis and they finally started running out of it in mid Dec 2020 , and that is when the price started going up and the Right didn't take that into consideration and put all the blame on Biden
have a nice day
Our move to oligopoly was accelerated during the age of acquisitions and mergers. We watched the wealthy bankers consolidate their power and wealth. There were Hollywood movies about what was so obvious and what the people involved were like. It was an ugly era that is still going on in the background.
Our hospitals are being bought up and merged. That is why rural health care is difficult to get. The hospitals do not see enough profit in them. Who gets hurt? Not the wealthy.
Our grocery stores have been gobbled up. Kroger and Albertsons are trying to merge. Biden has stood in the way. Trump will not.

YES for your class . you idiots only seem NOT to remember that the President can veto and send the budget back to congress until he is happy with it
and NO I don't decide what is a FAIR profit, but having record profits year after year and blaming COVID to keep them as high as they have been is gouging and it should be looked into.
and again READ what I posted about our Natural gas and putting it on the world market, being on the world market means we have to pay what the market will bare and that drives up the cost of electric
Have a nice day
Once again, the perfect illustration of what ignorance and stupidity looks like. :lolup:

Again, I would suggest reading the OP, unless that is too challenging for you. It is self explanatory. If there are certain words giving you trouble, perhaps you could list them and I'll help you out. Maybe I can find some pictures too.
Translation: Conartist doesn't have the slightest clue of what he is stupidly bloviating about.

Trump Hoax.....
boy-meets-world-laughing.gif

Back