Policy question: Inflation

Tbrid reading is fundamental. I said the RATE of increase was higher under Trump. when Trump enter office oil was 9,201,000 a month. At its peak under Trump it was 13,000,000 a month that is a 141% rate of increase. When Biden took office it was 11,137,000 a month and at its peak it was 13,381,000 that is a 1.20 rate of increase. If we applied Trump's 141% rate of increase to when Biden started 11,137,000 we SHOULD be at 15,703,170 a month not at 13,381,000
The rate of increase is meaningless to this discussion.

Correct. I asked you to quantify the impact and cite a source. You aren’t capable of that so don’t worry about your failure.
What have you ever "quantified" other than your ignorance and stupidity?

I gave you a basic FACT and all you have is quantify it? How about you quantify the ignorance your question illustrates?

What have you ever "quantified" other than your ignorance and stupidity?

I gave you a basic FACT and all you have is quantify it? How about you quantify the ignorance your question illustrates?
Perhaps you should read the op. I posted a link later in the thread that does quantify it. Perhaps you might try a remedial reading course.

Perhaps you should read the op. I posted a link later in the thread that does quantify it. Perhaps you might try a remedial reading course.
I saw no link under the thread topic. What do you think the link quantified? Your ignorance?

I'm struggling to comprehend the point you are trying to make. What is it?

no. it would just be an option.

a freedom as opposed to your DEMAND that they MUST sell it on the international market.
Maybe we should be looking into why a lot of US companies have been raking in record profits since COVID.

“Corporate greed is motivating large companies to use the pandemic and supply-chain issues as an excuse to raise prices simply because they can,” House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) said during a February inflation hearing.

Have US companies been using the supply chain issues that mostly have been resolved over the last couple of years as an excuse for keeping prices high and raking in record profits.
I am not against Capitalism but taking advantage of the American people to the extent that it is hurting them has to be looked into.
Manipulating the market just to keep making record profits is not fair to the consumers.
Have a nice day
Tbrid reading is fundamental. I said the RATE of increase was higher under Trump. when Trump enter office oil was 9,201,000 a month. At its peak under Trump it was 13,000,000 a month that is a 141% rate of increase. When Biden took office it was 11,137,000 a month and at its peak it was 13,381,000 that is a 1.20 rate of increase. If we applied Trump's 141% rate of increase to when Biden started 11,137,000 we SHOULD be at 15,703,170 a month not at 13,381,000
Trump had only ONE month over 13 MBPD. and they were only averaging mid to high 11 MBPD range. and dropped to a low of 9.7 MBPD in May 2020, and was only at 9.9 MBPD in Feb 2021 and went up from there to over 13 MBPD for a year now.
Have a nice day

Maybe we should be looking into why a lot of US companies have been raking in record profits since COVID.

So, companies should not be profitable? Moronic. Who is forcing Americans to buy their overpriced products and services?

“Corporate greed is motivating large companies to use the pandemic and supply-chain issues as an excuse to raise prices simply because they can,” House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) said during a February inflation hearing.

That is a tiresome, uneducated and incredibly stupid claim.

Have US companies been using the supply chain issues that mostly have been resolved over the last couple of years as an excuse for keeping prices high and raking in record profits.
I am not against Capitalism but taking advantage of the American people to the extent that it is hurting them has to be looked into.
Manipulating the market just to keep making record profits is not fair to the consumers.

How do companies take advantage of consumers in a free market? Are the consumers not free to go elsewhere?

Trump had only ONE month over 13 MBPD. and they were only averaging mid to high 11 MBPD range. and dropped to a low of 9.7 MBPD in May 2020, and was only at 9.9 MBPD in Feb 2021 and went up from there to over 13 MBPD for a year now.
Have a nice day
Yet, during Trumps Presidency we had unprecedented wage growth, electricity prices were half of what they are now and gas prices were 55% lower. Why do you think that was halfwit?

That too is a contributing factor. Democrats are too stupid to comprehend basic economics.
interesting statement.
lets look at what Presidents have run the debt up the most, Reagan almost Tripled it, Bush II over doubled it, Yes Obama ran it up about 8 Trillion in 8 years and Trump ran it up almost as much as Obama did and he did it all in JUST 4 years.
and you say it is all because of Dems. spending?
IF it was all Dems spending why didn't these Republican Presidents veto the budget and send it back to Congress.
the right loves to blame the Dem Presidents for running up the debt but don't say a word when the Debt goes up more under a Republican President
have a nice day

So, companies should not be profitable? Moronic. Who is forcing Americans to buy their overpriced products and services?

That is a tiresome, uneducated and incredibly stupid claim.

How do companies take advantage of consumers in a free market? Are the consumers not free to go elsewhere?

Yet, during Trumps Presidency we had unprecedented wage growth, electricity prices were half of what they are now and gas prices were 55% lower. Why do you think that was halfwit?
and as I have pointed out MORON a LOT of US companies including Electric companies have been making record profits trying to blame it all on COVID, and this should be looked into by Congress.
and yes a LOT of our electric is produced using Natural gas, and IF you would look at US NG you would see that it is also being put on the world market, I believe we have been exporting record amounts of it for the last couple of years driving up our costs.
Maybe we should look into an America first policy with our natural resources , YES I know that would be anti - capitalism , but we did have it years ago ( at least with oil ) , something to think about.
But again you have to realize with Natural gas we are now exporting a LOT more then when Trump was in and being on the world market we have to pay world market prices.
Have a nice day

Have a nice day

Have a nice day
yes.

the various cartels used the government to shut down mom and pop and terrestrial businesses for two years.

I saw no link under the thread topic. What do you think the link quantified? Your ignorance?

I'm struggling to comprehend the point you are trying to make. What is it?
Do you know the definition of ‘later’. Or is that word too big for you too? My point? Drill baby drill would have little or no impact on inflation.

You’re kidding, right? Geez it’s as simple as microeconomics gets.
It increases the supply of a major commodity, reducing demand which reduces its price which in turn reduces the cost of distribution of goods.
Not that simple. Oligopoly changes the equation. When an industry becomes one, they can move prices to increase profits, It subdues competition allowing them to provide worse service and less innovation. Many major industries have done that. That is why cable, groceries, gas, healthcare, retail and many others can raise prices and deliver less.

interesting statement.
lets look at what Presidents have run the debt up the most, Reagan almost Tripled it, Bush II over doubled it, Yes Obama ran it up about 8 Trillion in 8 years and Trump ran it up almost as much as Obama did and he did it all in JUST 4 years.
and you say it is all because of Dems. spending?
IF it was all Dems spending why didn't these Republican Presidents veto the budget and send it back to Congress.
the right loves to blame the Dem Presidents for running up the debt but don't say a word when the Debt goes up more under a Republican President
have a nice day
Once again, for the idiot class, it is who is in charge of Congress that runs up the debt halfwit. Look at Congress to see who the REAL big spenders are.

Carry on shit-for-brains. No wonder you vote for Democrats, you're ignorant, uneducated, gullible and like being gaslighted. Most likely your ugly too. :laugh:

and as I have pointed out MORON a LOT of US companies including Electric companies have been making record profits trying to blame it all on COVID, and this should be looked into by Congress.
and yes a LOT of our electric is produced using Natural gas, and IF you would look at US NG you would see that it is also being put on the world market, I believe we have been exporting record amounts of it for the last couple of years driving up our costs.
Maybe we should look into an America first policy with our natural resources , YES I know that would be anti - capitalism , but we did have it years ago ( at least with oil ) , something to think about.
But again you have to realize with Natural gas we are now exporting a LOT more then when Trump was in and being on the world market we have to pay world market prices.
Have a nice day
So, are you the decider of what profits they should be making? You don't believe that the costs to produce electricity have skyrocketed thanks to gas prices?

You really are a simple indeed twit for leftist causes.

I wonder how I got my masters?
Masters in art? Useful idiot.

I wish you were as smart and clever as you think you are, but alas, your policy preferences, party preferences and economics suggest you're a halfwit.

So, what is your point for this thread wonder dunce?

Do you know the definition of ‘later’. Or is that word too big for you too? My point? Drill baby drill would have little or no impact on inflation.
Really? So lower energy prices will have zero impact on the cost of goods and services. Fascinating claim, but moronic.

Back