Policy question: Inflation

Presidents ALWAYS propose a budget. Ultimately, Congress has to approve it or modify it, but it is largely the function of the Executive branch, because that's where most discretionary spending outside of defense is allocated. Presidents also can propose tax legislation, like Trumps absolutely disastrous tax cuts. A meaningful discussion on this topic would be far less partisan than the typical discussions here. I actually started this thread with a question about economics. It was not partisan. But of course, rather than discuss the question, the discussion quickly devolved, because we have too many Trump trolls here and not enough thoughtful conservatives.
well he is saying Obama doubled the debt , then he says Presidents don't put anything on the debt, then he can't admit in the last 60 plus years the ONLY two Presidents that the debt doubled under were both Republicans , that was Reagan and Bush II.
and yes the President submits the budget he would like then the House works it over sends it to the Senate then they comprise and send it back to the President to be signed or vetoed.
thing is it is the President who gets the blame for the debt not Congress.
Have a nice day

well he is saying Obama doubled the debt , then he says Presidents don't put anything on the debt, then he can't admit in the last 60 plus years the ONLY two Presidents that the debt doubled under were both Republicans , that was Reagan and Bush II.
and yes the President submits the budget he would like then the House works it over sends it to the Senate then they comprise and send it back to the President to be signed or vetoed.
Have a nice day
Hang in there. The good guys are going to win in November. And the good gals too. Maybe more so :)

The debt percentage by president. https://www.investopedia.com/us-debt-by-president-dollar-and-percentage-7371225
FDR was the largest percent, but he was a 3 term president who fought the Great Depression. Since Reagan, the Repubs have adopted a cut taxes and spend philosophy. As they say, Reagan proved the debt does not matter. They help the wealthy and corporations. Then they become fiscal conservatives when a Dem is in office. That is how they fight getting help for the common man. We can't afford public education, public health or local programs. The debt is too bad. Then a tax cut to the top 1 percent comes.

OH so the right blames the DEM Presidents for all the debt but it isn't the Presidents fault when it is a Republican President that runs the debt up, I see.
well the President get the blame because they have the power of VETO.
and can send the budget back to congress if they don't like it.
SO IF as you say the President can not add to the debt then stop blaming and saying Obama doubled it. as I have shown MANY times before there have only been two times in the last 70 years that the debt was ever doubled and one time almost tripled and that was when Reagan , and Bush II were Presidents and they were both REPUBLICANS
have a nice day
Veto power is not passing a law, Sybil. Redefinition fallacy.
I never said Obama doubled the debt. Stop gaslighting.

You have shown nothing.

feel free to attach you tax returns....otherwise I will continue to assume you cash EIC checks......otherwise you would have gotten a tax cut like the rest of us 'bIllionaires"......
I couldn't care less. I pay more in taxes than you make, and a lot of my income is tax free. Roth IRA. I have two million in mine. I invest in income generating instruments, largely preferred stocks. Most of my non Roth investments are taxed at long term cap rates. And STILL I paid more in taxes than you made. Sorry, but I'm rich and you aren't. I should be taxed at a much higher rate than I am. I wouldn't miss it.

I'll make sure give you a sympathy post from my luxury hotel in Venice. I'll be there on Wednesday. Should sleep pretty well, I'm in First on a 787.

Have a nice day, loser.

There are two ways to reduce the deficit. Less spending, or more income. I heavily favor the latter. Especially when the income is used on programs with a positive ROI. You have no idea what I just said. But someone else might.
The debt is not the deficit, Sybil. Redefinition fallacy.

Veto power is not passing a law, Sybil. Redefinition fallacy.
I never said Obama doubled the debt. Stop gaslighting.

You have shown nothing.
OH sorry it is NEARLY DOUBLED THE DEBT.
well He would have had to run it up almost another 1/2 of what he did to have DOUBLED IT.
he would have had to add almost another 4 Trillion to the debt to have doubled it ,
he ran it up 8 trillion not almost 12 Trillion, so he didn't NEARLY double it.
Have a nice day

Have a nice day
The President does not add to the debt. Congress does.
The debt quadrupled under FDR.

The debt percentage by president. https://www.investopedia.com/us-debt-by-president-dollar-and-percentage-7371225
FDR was the largest percent, but he was a 3 term president who fought the Great Depression. Since Reagan, the Repubs have adopted a cut taxes and spend philosophy. As they say, Reagan proved the debt does not matter. They help the wealthy and corporations. Then they become fiscal conservatives when a Dem is in office. That is how they fight getting help for the common man. We can't afford public education, public health or local programs. The debt is too bad. Then a tax cut to the top 1 percent comes.
The Great Depression was caused by FDR and Democrats.
That depression lasted well into the 50's.

The current economic depression was also started by Democrats. So was the last one during the Obama administration.

OH sorry it is NEARLY DOUBLED THE DEBT.
well He would have had to run it up almost another 1/2 of what he did to have DOUBLED IT.
he would have had to add almost another 4 Trillion to the debt to have doubled it ,
he ran it up 8 trillion not almost 12 Trillion, so he didn't NEARLY double it.
Have a nice day
Word games won't help you, Sybil.

Okay, then what's the answer, genius? To what extent does an increase in oil prices impact inflation. Or is your IQ below 70?

I'll wait.
You can keep waiting. I will continue laughing at your economic ignorance. Now, if you want to pay me to tutor you in economics I would be happy to do so. I on,y accept cryptocurrency

You can keep waiting. I will continue laughing at your economic ignorance. Now, if you want to pay me to tutor you in economics I would be happy to do so. I on,y accept cryptocurrency
I accept your unconditional surrender. Join the other MAGA morons adorned with their dunce caps. Troll on. Grade: F

Back