Policy question: Inflation

REALLY??????????
I thought Trump was President in 2020.
wow I guess I must have been mistaken.
and people should be saving for the things they want and pay for it when you can afford it, that is what I did.
Have a nice day
The President has no authority to spend any money. CONGRESS DOES. That's DEMOCRATS, dude.

and I see YOU can't admit the FACT it has ONLY been Republican Presidents that ever doubled / tripled the debt. ( Bush II and Reagan )
Not a fact. Learn what 'fact' means. Presidents cannot add to the national debt.
and Obama did run it up a lot, he got us out of one of the deepest recessions we ever had , one that was almost a depression,
That economic depression began late 2007 and ended in 2017.
The current economic depression is still ongoing. That one was started by Democrats.
and he did it in 8 years it took Trump just 4 years to run it up almost as much and he didn't change anything Obama was doing except his great tax cut for the rich. but NOT a word from you about that.
Have a nice day
The President does not have authority to add to the debt or spend money.
Any "tax the rich" scheme is unconstitutional (violating the 14th and 16th amendments and Article I).

The President has no authority to spend any money. CONGRESS DOES. That's DEMOCRATS, dude.
Well, technically, the President spends the money authorized by Congress in the manner Congress has laid out. Democrats don't give a shit about that and spend whatever they want however they want. That's why Democrat run states end up in massive debt.

Well, technically, the President spends the money authorized by Congress in the manner Congress has laid out. Democrats don't give a shit about that and spend whatever they want however they want. That's why Democrat run states end up in massive debt.
The President has no authority to spend any money. Only Congress does.

Congress does not run the States. The legislatures of those States do.

Not a fact. Learn what 'fact' means. Presidents cannot add to the national debt.

That economic depression began late 2007 and ended in 2017.
The current economic depression is still ongoing. That one was started by Democrats.

The President does not have authority to add to the debt or spend money.
Any "tax the rich" scheme is unconstitutional (violating the 14th and 16th amendments and Article I).
OH so the right blames the DEM Presidents for all the debt but it isn't the Presidents fault when it is a Republican President that runs the debt up, I see.
well the President get the blame because they have the power of VETO.
and can send the budget back to congress if they don't like it.
SO IF as you say the President can not add to the debt then stop blaming and saying Obama doubled it. as I have shown MANY times before there have only been two times in the last 70 years that the debt was ever doubled and one time almost tripled and that was when Reagan , and Bush II were Presidents and they were both REPUBLICANS
have a nice day

and did YOU FORGET that the President takes the blame for the debt? you seen to know that when it is a DEM President but NOT when it is a Republican President .
Trump could have vetoed the budget and sent it back till he was happy with it, HE did NOT, do it is ALL on him.
STOP putting the Blame for what happened under Trump on the DEMS
have a nice day
demmycrats are always to blame for the debt.....their lives are devoted to whining that federal spending is too little......

demmycrats are always to blame for the debt.....their lives are devoted to whining that federal spending is too little......
There are two ways to reduce the deficit. Less spending, or more income. I heavily favor the latter. Especially when the income is used on programs with a positive ROI. You have no idea what I just said. But someone else might.

There are two ways to reduce the deficit. Less spending, or more income. I heavily favor the latter. Especially when the income is used on programs with a positive ROI. You have no idea what I just said. But someone else might.
sure you do.....all the people who pay no taxes prefer that.......but you have no right to taxpayer money......go earn your own.....

I provided links to the federal data that proved he has.....fuck you for being an ignorant liar.....
YOU DID?????????
WHEN?????????
again when Obama took office it was 11.9 Trillion dollar and when he left it was in the 19 trillion dollar area that is NOT double, go get help for your adding from a third grader.
have a nice day

YOU DID?????????
WHEN?????????
again when Obama took office it was 11.9 Trillion dollar and when he left it was in the 19 trillion dollar area that is NOT double, go get help for your adding from a third grader.
have a nice day
A third grader could help him with math, economics, statistics, reading, civics, science...... you get the idea.

OH so the right blames the DEM Presidents for all the debt but it isn't the Presidents fault when it is a Republican President that runs the debt up, I see.
well the President get the blame because they have the power of VETO.
and can send the budget back to congress if they don't like it.
SO IF as you say the President can not add to the debt then stop blaming and saying Obama doubled it. as I have shown MANY times before there have only been two times in the last 70 years that the debt was ever doubled and one time almost tripled and that was when Reagan , and Bush II were Presidents and they were both REPUBLICANS
have a nice day
Presidents ALWAYS propose a budget. Ultimately, Congress has to approve it or modify it, but it is largely the function of the Executive branch, because that's where most discretionary spending outside of defense is allocated. Presidents also can propose tax legislation, like Trumps absolutely disastrous tax cuts. A meaningful discussion on this topic would be far less partisan than the typical discussions here. I actually started this thread with a question about economics. It was not partisan. But of course, rather than discuss the question, the discussion quickly devolved, because we have too many Trump trolls here and not enough thoughtful conservatives.

sure you do.....all the people who pay no taxes prefer that.......but you have no right to taxpayer money......go earn your own.....
here

President Reagan increased the debt by $1.86 trillion, or by 186%. Reagan's supply-side economics didn't grow the economy enough to offset the lost revenue from its tax cuts. Reagan also increased the defense budget by 35%.2

President Bush added $5.85 trillion to the national debt. That's a 101% increase, putting him in fourth. Bush launched the War on Terror in response to the 9/11 attacks, which led to multi-trillion-dollar spending on the War in Afghanistan and the War in Iraq. Bush also dealt with the 2001 recession and the 2008 financial crisis.2

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.2

U.S. Department of the Treasury. "Historical Debt Outstanding."
Have a nice day

Back