Post 1,000,000 is coming up...

Damo should just give It to you guys for modding. Split it evenly between the three or leave it as is and you should get the largest one because you, IMO, do the most mod work.

I don't need a prize for posting here. I consider the ulcer I got from it quite enough. I would just donate mine back anyway.

i gotta say, no one has the ability to inflate someones ego like you do ;)

all mods do a ton of stuff. billy is always merging threads and moving them to the warzone etc. I find myself doing a lot of private messaging and talking about reported posts, i.e. "you shouldn't have reported this" or "we will get back to you." we all kind of do everything when it's called for. But my most proud mod stuff is always not getting involved at all.

Users with proxies aren't counted. So no Legion and no Webbway or whatever his new name is.

LOL

I work for a company that uses a proxy to get out to the Internet, like millions of other companies do.

But thanks for giving the liberal retards even more to worry about....

Leeching off of your employer is okay because others do it, too?

Some don't care. If we didn't have government contracts, I'd post from work too. My boss doesn't give a fuck if I post from my phone or an IP that isn't connected to the company though.

Leeching off of your employer is okay because others do it, too?

Sure, it's fine to take a paycheck from someone while performing no work as long as you're using the stolen time railing against lazy deadbeats who take "handouts", isn't it?

And some do.
good for them. Its their company.

Goofing off on the work PC'd be okay if you were doing private sector work? Okay.
I do tons of private sector stuff. But they won't cancel a contract if I post a message about the current administration. The CG might. Hence, I cannot post on a POLITICAL site from an IP that can be traced to the company.

That's nice.
you bet your ass it is.

And if someone you don't like posts things that make you uncomfortable, just call them a "troll" and engage in ad hominem attacks.

Ah, yes. The reliable old misuse of 'ad hom', one of my favorites....:rofl2: Whenever I'm accused of ad hom it's usually by some crybaby who forgot to bring an argument. In such instances, I like to post this:
One of the most widely misused terms on the Net is "ad hominem". It is most often introduced into a discussion by certain delicate types, delicate of personality and mind, whenever their opponents resort to a bit of sarcasm. As soon as the suspicion of an insult appears, they summon the angels of ad hominem to smite down their foes, before ascending to argument heaven in a blaze of sanctimonious glory. They may not have much up top, but by God, they don't need it when they've got ad hominem on their side. It's the secret weapon that delivers them from any argument unscathed.

In reality, ad hominem is unrelated to sarcasm or personal abuse. Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument. The mere presence of a personal attack does not indicate ad hominem: the attack must be used for the purpose of undermining the argument, or otherwise the logical fallacy isn't there. It is not a logical fallacy to attack someone; the fallacy comes from assuming that a personal attack is also necessarily an attack on that person's arguments.

Therefore, if you can't demonstrate that your opponent is trying to counter your argument by attacking you, you can't demonstrate that he is resorting to ad hominem. If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.

http://plover.net/~bonds/adhominem.html

Back