Preppers and Nutters, the party is over.

What mental illnesses would be included? All? I seem to remember a time when homosexuality was classified as an illness, would you take guns away from gays? If the person is dangerous, why are they allowed to freely mingle in society to begin with?
I think depression and anxiety are classified as mental illnesses?

What mental illnesses would be included? All? I seem to remember a time when homosexuality was classified as an illness, would you take guns away from gays? If the person is dangerous, why are they allowed to freely mingle in society to begin with?

So you support the Patriot Act?

Frankly, I was kind of ambivalent about it. I wasn't up in arms like a lot of people.

I have a hard time looking at America and thinking, "Tyranny!" We have more freedom here, in 2012, than the vast majority of people have had throughout history.

A restriction like no guns in homes with mentally ill people. What is the point of denying a mentally ill person the right to own a gun and then allow guns in the home in which he/she lives? Does that make sense to you? If that restriction was in place Adam wouldn't have had access to guns. Is this so difficult to comprehend?

Notice how that and the other mental health issues have been discussed here AD NAUSEAM since Friday's massacre, yet the gun nuts continue to pretend as though they've heard absolutely nothing in the way of suggestions....

Those mentally ill, like my friends, who have displayed violent behavior to themselves, others or animals, is a good place to start.

Homosexuality was a mental illness, but not one that was considered violent or connected to violence, generally.

Those mentally ill, like my friends, who have displayed violent behavior to themselves, others or animals, is a good place to start.

Homosexuality was a mental illness, but not one that was considered violent or connected to violence, generally.

I've read numerous parents and 'experts' claim most with mental illness aren't violent. (I'm not in the field so I don't know one way or the other if that is true or not) But if we are concerned about mentally ill being violent why do we let them among us in society?

I've read numerous parents and 'experts' claim most with mental illness aren't violent. (I'm not in the field so I don't know one way or the other if that is true or not) But if we are concerned about mentally ill being violent why do we let them among us in society?

Most mentally ill aren't violent, you are correct, but the percentage that are, should not need to own a gun.

i believe the reason is money. during the 70's and 80's we let out large populations of mentally ill patients. i know in LA crime caused by mentally ill people rose in not insignificant amount. i remember the story of a deranged lady who walked up to people at a family gathering in hermosa beach and just stabbed someone in the back, fatally wounding them.

Frankly, I was kind of ambivalent about it. I wasn't up in arms like a lot of people.

I have a hard time looking at America and thinking, "Tyranny!" We have more freedom here, in 2012, than the vast majority of people have had throughout history.

-_-

That we have it better is irrelevant, a step backwards is a step backwards, no matter how far ahead you are.

i believe the reason is money. during the 70's and 80's we let out large populations of mentally ill patients. i know in LA crime caused by mentally ill people rose in not insignificant amount. i remember the story of a deranged lady who walked up to people at a family gathering in hermosa beach and just stabbed someone in the back, fatally wounding them.

Well at least she didn't have a gun

A restriction like no guns in homes with mentally ill people. What is the point of denying a mentally ill person the right to own a gun and then allow guns in the home in which he/she lives? Does that make sense to you? If that restriction was in place Adam wouldn't have had access to guns. Is this so difficult to comprehend?

Are you also in support for anyone who has a mentally ill person living in their home, shoulc not be allowed to have a car; because the mentally ill person might acquire access to it and use it kill people?

Let's try to use a little logic here, OK? The mother is going to take her grown son with her shooting and not let him shoot? Does he sit in a waiting room while she shoots or watch her?

Seeing as how the barber reported that he just sat there and showed no interest in anything, it would appear that he probably just sat there.

[QUOTEa revolver in a cardboard box under the bed and a toddler opens the box and steals it are you responsible? What kind of security did she have that would ensure her mentally ill son was not able to get the arms? Obviously not a lot as she slept until he shot her so he didn't have to smash some cabinet to get them.

Think, man. Think.[/QUOTE]

Who said he didn't have to break into something, in order to get the gun that killed her?
Do you have information, that the rest of us haven't seen; because without supporting evidence, you're just blowing smoke out of your ass. :D

My argument only seems circular to you because that's how you think. You can't see outside your circle. As for you finding my discussing ways to prevent an occurrence to be preaching on dead bodies the stupidity rests with you.

By all means put me on ignore. You're just another nutter.

And you're nothing more then an opportunist; who is using the bodies of 20 dead children, to promote an agenda.

Well, I'd probably say it was too bad they were unable to understand common sense. Expecting people to be diligent, such as not having guns in a home where there are mentally ill people, is the logical thing to do. On the other hand, with people such as yourself who has been told, I'd say, "go along to get along."
so peoples lives are not that important to you in the scheme of things. if they die, they die, just so long as YOUR agenda comes out on top? so you were really faking it when you acted all horrified at the deaths of these kids. thank you for at least being honest for once.

classically stupid analogy.

Are you also in support for anyone who has a mentally ill person living in their home, shoulc not be allowed to have a car; because the mentally ill person might acquire access to it and use it kill people?

The only way they could acquire access to a car would be by getting the keys. If you have small children at home do you leave your car keys lying around?

Seeing as how the barber reported that he just sat there and showed no interest in anything, it would appear that he probably just sat there.

[QUOTEa revolver in a cardboard box under the bed and a toddler opens the box and steals it are you responsible? What kind of security did she have that would ensure her mentally ill son was not able to get the arms? Obviously not a lot as she slept until he shot her so he didn't have to smash some cabinet to get them.

Think, man. Think.

Who said he didn't have to break into something, in order to get the gun that killed her?
Do you have information, that the rest of us haven't seen; because without supporting evidence, you're just blowing smoke out of your ass. :D

What type of "something" could prevent a 20 year old from getting access to the guns? Do you think she had a safe at home? A locked wooden cabinet may prevent a toddler from getting access to guns but it wouldn't stop a 20 year old.

As I said before, "Think, man. Think!"

And you're nothing more then an opportunist; who is using the bodies of 20 dead children, to promote an agenda.

When a crime is committed and someone tries to think of ways to prevent such a crime from happening in the future they're using the victims to promote an agenda? You're a nutter, USF, and your posts continue to verify that.

so peoples lives are not that important to you in the scheme of things. if they die, they die, just so long as YOUR agenda comes out on top? so you were really faking it when you acted all horrified at the deaths of these kids. thank you for at least being honest for once.

When people have been properly warned but continue to be defiant.....sometimes they have to learn the hard way.

Back