Progress

Timshel

I am reading that book "The Bonobo and the Atheist" and de Wal pointed out that some of the stupid socially conservative Christians resisted Ben Franklin's lightning rod. Many of them thought lightning was the literal wrath of God and that the lightning rod was therefore blasphemous.

I think it sort of puts the astounding stupidity of ila, ditzy and others into perspective.

I am reading that book "The Bonobo and the Atheist" and de Wal pointed out that some of the stupid socially conservative Christians resisted Ben Franklin's lightning rod. Many of them thought lightning was the literal wrath of God and that the lightning rod was therefore blasphemous.

I think it sort of puts the astounding stupidity of ila, ditzy and others into perspective.

So I am living rent free inside your head. Cool

It's not like ignorance is a 21st century phenomenon.

No, of course not. But their intellectual ancestors thought this not very long ago and now they are confused by more difficult subjects like evolution and climate. That's progress.

That was over 200 years ago, jerkoff. Tell me something you can believe that you think I can't, and we'll discuss it.

Now Let's take a look at some of today's biggest idiots:

This certainly puts YOUR stupidity into perspective.

Last edited:
Omg, the tree hippies were funny. Not the least bit representative of my perspective but...

Hah...I'll bet they have hairy legs.

As far as Johnson, I remember that quote and then remembered why there really wasn't much of an uproar over it, aside from the snide comments from the right.

Seems like he was suffering from Hep C, which affects mental ability. Reputable sites such as the Daily Beast actually went so far as to apologize to him when the truth came out.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...-u-s-rep-suffers-from-too-common-illness.html

Earlier today, we (along with a lot of other Web sites) poked fun at Rep. Hank Johnson's assertion that, were the U.S. to relocate naval personnel to Guam, "my fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize." Over at The Gaggle, we called it the quote of the day, noting that "Guam is 212 square miles with a population of 175,877 (2008 estimate)."

Now we've come across information that makes the statement seem a lot less funny. On MondayIn December, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ran an exclusive in which Johnson admitted to having hepatitis C. Reporter Bob Keefe writes:

The Lithonia Democrat's already-thin frame has shed 30 pounds in the past year. His speech is slower than ever, and he regularly gets lost in thought in the middle of a discussion. He is easily fatigued and often impatient and irritable ... To keep the disease in remission, Johnson is going through an experimental treatment that he said has been the worst part so far.

"I am weaker than I ever have been," Johnson, 55, said in his Capitol Hill office.

Hepatitis C is a serious illness—one that's affecting more and more baby boomers like Johnson. In January, NEWSWEEK's Sarah Kliff documented the rising cases of hep C in those over 50, a rate that has the Institute of Medicine concerned. She writes that two thirds of those with hepatitis C are adults in their 50s and 60s, thanks in part to the virus's ability to lie dormant for decades before attacking. When it does become active, the consequences can be devastating:

I wonder if Granule will apologize too?

It's not like ignorance is a 21st century phenomenon.

So if a right winger says something you don't like, you're really not wishing that he / she may burn in Hell.

According to you, there is a Hell being you wished so many of your distractors into it.

So which is it Howey? Is there a Hell or isn't there a Hell?

So if a right winger says something you don't like, you're really not wishing that he / she may burn in Hell.

According to you, there is a Hell being you wished so many of your distractors into it.

So which is it Howey? Is there a Hell or isn't there a Hell?

I think you have me confused with someone who's not religious. I embrace my religion, I just don't push it. Try that sometime. And, no, I have no say who goes to hell. That's not my paygrade, nor yours.

No, of course not. But their intellectual ancestors thought this not very long ago and now they are confused by more difficult subjects like evolution and climate. That's progress.

What about YOUR intellectual ancestors?

Do you still subscribe to the progressive 20th century belief that the inferior races such as blacks should be genetically eliminated?

I think you have me confused with someone who's not religious. I embrace my religion, I just don't push it. Try that sometime. And, no, I have no say who goes to hell. That's not my paygrade, nor yours.

Howey .. I've never wished anybody to burn in Hell because I didn't like their politics, that's your act.

So you believe in a Hell ... well excuse me all over.

Can you scientifically prove that your Hell reserved for your political opponents exists?

Howey, do you support the progressive idea of eugenics?

After all, you are a progressive as in this post title .. progress .. right Howey?

Have progressives evolved from the progressive 20th century idea of eugenics?

Chicken's Christian bashing post suggests that Christians today are just as ignorant and anti intellectual as they were during the era of Chicken's Ben Franklin lightning story supported by Howey because it's their ancestral legacy.

So?

Back