Progress

I am not a progressive. Those are your views.

I know, you're another liberal who hates to be called a liberal.

This place is crawling with them.

So are Christians still marred with this type of eighteenth century thinking like your lightning story suggests?

Like you progressives still support eugenics in the name of progress.

I know, you're another liberal who hates to be called a liberal.

This place is crawling with them.

So are Christians still marred with this type of eighteenth century thinking like your lightning story suggests?

Like you progressives still support eugenics in the name of progress.

No, I am a libertarian who has no objection to being called a liberal. I am a liberal, properly understood, and I disagree with the notion that all progressives are. But I could not care less about a label.

No, they no longer seem to be "marred" by it. At least not enough of them to notice. That was my point. In the aggregate, progress is inevitable even for the people who believe in nonsense, like you.

Yes....but so is weapons technology...the atomic bomb, for example.

I don't ascribe to Eugenics....and I'd be willing to bet that 99% of progressives don't either.....it's a Strawman.

No it isn't a strawman, it's part of your progressive legacy.

The OP gave an example of Christian legacy, I gave you an example of yours.

So you have evolved from eugenics, is that correct?

Wasn't eugenics a good example of science being void of morality?

No, it was an example of a bankrupt morality and an attempt to distort science to support it. You stormfronters still use the same arguments. It's much like some use the Bible to support a bankrupt morality.

No, I am a libertarian who has no objection to being called a liberal. I am a liberal, properly understood, and I disagree with the notion that all progressives are. But I could not care less about a label.

No, they no longer seem to be "marred" by it. At least not enough of them to notice. That was my point. In the aggregate, progress is inevitable even for the people who believe in nonsense, like you.

You have a progressive legacy Mr. Chicken and you certainly no longer subscribe to it with it being eugenics.

So why are you correct with your suggestion that Christians are marred by their past as being anti intellectual with your lightning story?

Are you forever marred by your progressive past with science gone mad without morality being attached to it?

I would say that you Mr. Chicken are much more marred by your past than Christians are with theirs because you've suggested that modern Christians are still stuck in the 18th century involving lightning and will forever remain anti intellectual on account of it.

Unless they've evolved like you have, I'm confident.

No it isn't a strawman, it's part of your progressive legacy.

The OP gave an example of Christian legacy, I gave you an example of yours.

So you have evolved from eugenics, is that correct?

OK...so....you support burning people at the stake for alleged witchcraft? How about loading them down with rocks and throwing them in a lake....after all, if they're not witches, God will protect them.

OK...so....you support burning people at the stake for alleged witchcraft? How about loading them down with rocks and throwing them in a lake....after all, if they're not witches, God will protect them.

If I do, then you support genetic, scientific elimination of the inferior races.

Based on what you claim I support.

So do you?

No, it was an example of a bankrupt morality and an attempt to distort science to support it. You stormfronters still use the same arguments. It's much like some use the Bible to support a bankrupt morality.

In other words, it was science without any morality attached to it.

That's what I've said already.

And Chicken .. stop with the Nazi insults.

I never suggested that we could eliminate undesirable people by using science.

But I think that your type of thinking is a lot closer to that idea than mine is.

You have a progressive legacy Mr. Chicken and you certainly no longer subscribe to it with it being eugenics.

I am not sure what this sentence is supposed to mean. Again, I am not a progressive.

So why are you correct with your suggestion that Christians are marred by their past as being anti intellectual with your lightning story?

Who suggested that? Have I claimed that you support the idea that lightning is the wrath of God? Have you had to deny that position and had me ignore your denial of it? Have I even bothered to ask if you support such a claim?

Are you forever marred by your progressive past with science gone mad without morality being attached to it?

I would say that you Mr. Chicken are much more marred by your past than Christians are with theirs because you've suggested that modern Christians are still stuck in the 18th century involving lightning and will forever remain anti intellectual on account of it.

Unless they've evolved like you have, I'm confident.

You might as well argue that the "ghost hunters" are a representative example of science gone mad. Few scientists supported any form of eugenics and most of them were racists, like you stormfronters. They bent the science to their (im)morality of hate just as social conservatives of today do and, in fact, they bend biblical scripture in the same way.

Again, I did not say that Christians are stuck in the 18th century. In fact, I pointed out that they were not. Those who insist on attempting to force science to conform to their faith or morality will forever be retarded and slightly scientifically backwards, but they will progress.

In other words, it was science without any morality attached to it.

That's what I've said already.

No, it was science bent to support a morality of racism. Without morality, science does not suggest any action. Science can't tell you whether it is right to promote eugenics or to oppose it. That is a moral argument.

And Chicken .. stop with the Nazi insults.

I never suggested that we could eliminate undesirable people by using science.

But I think that your type of thinking is a lot closer to that idea than mine is.

FU! You insist that I am a progressive and supportive of eugenics and I will insist on the more likely description of you as a stormfronter. I did not say Nazi but somebody is apparently feeling guilty.

Whatever. Just because you think everyone can be lumped into two partisan groups does not make it a reality.
You share the same values: George Bush hatred, gay & abortion rights, anti-oil, anti-Conservative Christian, earth first, high taxation on the rich, big government, race before experience..... etc. All the essential components are there, comrade. ;)

Back