Question for evolutionists

If the Theory of Natural Selection is True, then mutations are guided by Natural Selection, which removes randomness. The theory tends to reducing choices to select from, since the others die off. Therefore it is not random.

No, you are misreading things. The mutations are random. Their becoming dominant or being passed on is selection.

The idiot has it exactly backwards. Mutations are not guided by Natural Selection. Mutations are random and constant. Mutations occur, THEN Natural Selection steps in. Good genes survive, bad ones don't. And it doesn't mean going from a "lower life form" to a "higher life form".

It's amazing how some people wish to place their massive ignorance on public display.

Many mutations are "caught" and corrected by normal cellular processes in real time upon replication. On occasion a mutation may have both advantageous and disadvantageous outcomes simultaneously. Sickle Cell Disease for example. It is a one base mutation in the DNA sequence (recall that 3 bases code for one amino acid during translation) which results in the "wrong" amino acid being ultimately incorporated into the peptide (or protein, enzyme, coenzyme, etc.) during translation.

This mutational adaptation has evolved among the black population not of all of Africa, but of West Africa where the mutation detrimental as it is, confers immunity to malaria, thus natural selection has allowed it to persist in this population due to the phenotypically displayed immunity to malaria.

Inversion fallacy. It is YOU that is not participating in a discussion here. Why not try putting forth arguments concerning the topic of this thread for once?

You would have to read the posts.

Many mutations are "caught" and corrected by normal cellular processes in real time upon replication. On occasion a mutation may have both advantageous and disadvantageous outcomes simultaneously. Sickle Cell Disease for example. It is a one base mutation in the DNA sequence (recall that 3 bases code for one amino acid during translation) which results in the "wrong" amino acid being ultimately incorporated into the peptide (or protein, enzyme, coenzyme, etc.) during translation.

This mutational adaptation has evolved among the black population not of all of Africa, but of West Africa, where the mutation, detrimental as it is, confers immunity to the malaria prevalent there, thus natural selection has allowed it to persist in this population due to the phenotypically displayed immunity to malaria.

Okay. You want to undefine the word. You are the one using it. Define 'mutation'. Until you do, I'll consider it a meaningless buzzword from you.

So you can't? You're arguing about mutations and you don't know what they actually are? I know, been reading your posts on evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night
If the Theory of Natural Selection is True, then mutations are guided by Natural Selection, which removes randomness. The theory tends to reducing choices to select from, since the others die off. Therefore it is not random.

Looks like we're both using it.

Is this an advantage? That means you need to find food and resources when they are scarce.

It allowed them to be more mobile, instead of dormant, and they could feed on the creatures that weren't mobile.

Sure seems to be an advantage, seeing as how it's continued and most of the top predators are mammals.

By that definition, anything any of us say or cite or quote or whatever is ‘just an opinion’, right? Which we all can summarily dismiss without investigation: I think this is lazy, too.
Dismissing an argument without cause is a fallacy known as the argument of the stone. Using the arguments of others that aren't here to debate those arguments is a fallacy known as a false authority.

Present your arguments. Don['t use the arguments of others.
Why bother to walk you through several semesters worth of college and graduate level biology, genetics, comparative anatomy, paleontology, etc., if you’re just going to dismiss everything as mere opinions? Don’t you and the OP have some responsibility to educate yourselves if you really care about this issue? Is my unwillingness to give the OP free science lessons when it is clear he has an ideological axe to grind really that unreasonable?
A cop out. None of this has anything to do with the discussion at hand.
I’m happy to recommend some great books. If you think this is lazy of me, so be it, but 1) I’ve read every book I ever recommend, so I’m not THAT lazy, and 2) I don’t see you busting the OPs chops for pasting in ICR links and arguments as ‘just opinions’, so I’m thinking this might be a double standard based on some sort of tribalism. But I’m new here and don’t know you, though, so I could be wrong. But you don’t know me either, so accusing me of ‘lazy thinking’ and being ‘unable’ to present an argument just because I’m not convinced that the OP sincerely wants to listen to one is rather odd and belligerent of you.
No need. You obviously cannot present an argument of your own.
If you or the OP cared about this subject, there are resources for you.
Nope. YOU are the resources of any arguments you present here. There is no other.

Dismissing an argument without cause is a fallacy known as the argument of the stone. Using the arguments of others that aren't here to debate those arguments is a fallacy known as a false authority.

Present your arguments. Don['t use the arguments of others.

A cop out. None of this has anything to do with the discussion at hand.

No need. You obviously cannot present an argument of your own.

Nope. YOU are the resources of any arguments you present here. There is no other.

But you cannot define mutation.

Back