Question for Pro Lifers

Why do you always issue the caveat that you oppose all abortions except in the cases of incest or rape?

If you truly believe the fetus is a human life with all the rights associated with a human life, then why allow this exemption?

It's not the child's fault that it is a rape baby, or an incest baby. So why would you be willing to condemn it for something beyond it's control?

Is it your belief that the condition of the mother in these circumstances trumps the sanctity of the baby's life?

Why are the mothers conditions feelings able to trump the sacred life in one circumstance, but not another?

Seems like an inconsistent viewpoint imo.

its called compromise......we're willing to let you kill 1% of the unborn children you currently kill in exchange for letting the other 99% live.....

Why do you always issue the caveat that you oppose all abortions except in the cases of incest or rape?

If you truly believe the fetus is a human life with all the rights associated with a human life, then why allow this exemption?

It's not the child's fault that it is a rape baby, or an incest baby. So why would you be willing to condemn it for something beyond it's control?

Is it your belief that the condition of the mother in these circumstances trumps the sanctity of the baby's life?

Why are the mothers conditions feelings able to trump the sacred life in one circumstance, but not another?

always ? I never do. Never use the 'life of the mother" either mainly because it is not real anymore.

It's because they see pregnancy as a way to discourage women from having sex. It's a sort of punishment just like HPV and venereal diseases. But if a woman is raped or if it's incestuous, which usually involves some sort of coercion, then it's not really her fault even if it is God's will.

There it is.

this part I always had a problem with. If the fetus doesn't have legal personhood, then it shouldn't be a double homicide.

Does viability play into it at all? I am not that familiar with the way the law is written.

I don't much care if you put a limit on .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 % of abortions. Sure, no abortions the day before your due date, unless it is medically necessary.

Why does the Bible say that killing a fetus should not be treated like a homicide? Did you steal this argument from Big Dummy or vice versa?

I don't know what you think THE left wing position is nor do I really care. I am a libertarian and oppose your authoritarian positions.

Yeah you are a libertarian ;)

Thanks for the laugh

It's because they see pregnancy as a way to discourage women from having sex. It's a sort of punishment just like HPV and venereal diseases. But if a woman is raped or if it's incestuous, which usually involves some sort of coercion, then it's not really her fault even if it is God's will.
You have to wonder how much of this is fat old white guys regretting what they didn't get when they were younger. And resenting that fact...and taking it out on women.

You have to wonder how much of this is fat old white guys regretting what they didn't get when they were younger. And resenting that fact...and taking it out on women.

That makes no sense. Typical left wing tripe. Oppose gay marriage and you accuse people of being a closeted faggot. Oppose killing babies and now you didn't get enough pussy when you were young. Do you even think about what you say before say it?

That makes no sense. Typical left wing tripe. Oppose gay marriage and you accuse people of being a closeted faggot. Oppose killing babies and now you didn't get enough pussy when you were young. Do you even think about what you say before say it?

BINGO; and yes, leftists really are THAT stupid.

I oppose abortion for any reason. My stance, murder is murder and murder doesn't make a rape go away. I am also not naive enough to think that this is a viable political stance across this liberal country. So I continue to seek to vote for politicians who will not advance the abortionists cause. Abortion is lawful but that doesn't make it right. I can't stop abortions and while my religious beliefs lead me to oppose it they do not teach me to bomb clinics or kill doctors to try to stop them. So I remain active politically looking for people with beliefs similar to my own to vote for because I am not apt to find those with beliefs exactly like my own.

I oppose abortion for any reason. My stance, murder is murder and murder doesn't make a rape go away. I am also not naive enough to think that this is a viable political stance across this liberal country. So I continue to seek to vote for politicians who will not advance the abortionists cause. Abortion is lawful but that doesn't make it right. I can't stop abortions and while my religious beliefs lead me to oppose it they do not teach me to bomb clinics or kill doctors to try to stop them. So I remain active politically looking for people with beliefs similar to my own to vote for because I am not apt to find those with beliefs exactly like my own.

No one claims it "makes the rape go away". That's nonsense.

Forcing a rape victim to give birth to her rapist's child is a continuation of the rape, state control of her body, and so repugnant that anyone who would do such a thing, IMO, should be put in prison. It's diseased. There is nothing more outrageous. And I find the idea that you want to do it, but know it's not "politically viable" sickening.

Because you guys will do it if you get the chance. It's a war of inches, and you all want it to add up to miles and complete state ownership of women's bodies - slavery.

You're a good example of why feminists are considered "radicals". We know what you want, and we fight you for every inch, and we're called unreasonable. And I embrace that term.

Women own our bodies, and I wilL RADICALLY defend that. Damned right I am "unreasonable".

Back