Question for Pro Lifers

Why do you always issue the caveat that you oppose all abortions except in the cases of incest or rape?

If you truly believe the fetus is a human life with all the rights associated with a human life, then why allow this exemption?

It's not the child's fault that it is a rape baby, or an incest baby. So why would you be willing to condemn it for something beyond it's control?

In the case of rape, the womans right to choose whether or not to have sex and her right to choose whether or not to use protection is violated. You thus end up with a choice between two unethical outcomes. While I would make the case that the baby is not at fault, you cannot force a woman to carry a child that she had no choice in conceiving. It is unethical and immoral to do so. Likewise, it is unethical and immoral to support the option of taking the the life of the child. There is no 'right' answer.

Is it your belief that the condition of the mother in these circumstances trumps the sanctity of the baby's life?

No... again, it is a choice between two vile outcomes. There is no third 'good' option. Which is precisely why the pro-abortionists latch on to your type of argument. Either way, they can bash pro-life people. If a pro-lifer says 'I do not support any abortion', then the pro-abortionists scream 'you would force a rape victim to carry to term a reminder of her rape!!!'. If a pro-lifer says 'in the case of rape, the mother should be able to choose', then the pro-abortionists state as you did 'but why is the life not important to you now???'.

The vast majority of abortions are done for convenience. Those should be eliminated completely. The right to life trumps the inconvenience of taking responsibility for choices made.

In the case where the life of the mother is in danger... you have LIFE vs. LIFE... a choice has to be made or you could risk losing both lives.

In the case of rape resulting in pregnancy, there is no ethical or moral outcome.

You have invalidated the conservative argument against abortion.

If it's okay to abort a fetus that is not yet viable or one that MIGHT suffer problems due to inbreeding then you have justified the vast majority of abortions which happen well before viability and most of the rest where it is KNOWN that there will problems.

Link us up to your stats... you really think the vast majority of abortions are due to inbreeding or rape or where there are known genetic problems?

And again I have to ask, why the fetus is “personally responsible” for conception and rewarded by so-called conservatives with a death sentence determined purely by so-called conservative opinion only.

odd comment....I'm not aware of any conservatives in favor of giving the unborn a death sentence......do you have us confused with the liberals......

In the case of rape, the womans right to choose whether or not to have sex and her right to choose whether or not to use protection is violated. You thus end up with a choice between two unethical outcomes. While I would make the case that the baby is not at fault, you cannot force a woman to carry a child that she had no choice in conceiving. It is unethical and immoral to do so. Likewise, it is unethical and immoral to support the option of taking the the life of the child. There is no 'right' answer.

No... again, it is a choice between two vile outcomes. There is no third 'good' option. Which is precisely why the pro-abortionists latch on to your type of argument. Either way, they can bash pro-life people. If a pro-lifer says 'I do not support any abortion', then the pro-abortionists scream 'you would force a rape victim to carry to term a reminder of her rape!!!'. If a pro-lifer says 'in the case of rape, the mother should be able to choose', then the pro-abortionists state as you did 'but why is the life not important to you now???'.

The vast majority of abortions are done for convenience. Those should be eliminated completely. The right to life trumps the inconvenience of taking responsibility for choices made.

In the case where the life of the mother is in danger... you have LIFE vs. LIFE... a choice has to be made or you could risk losing both lives.

In the case of rape resulting in pregnancy, there is no ethical or moral outcome.

Conception has no more connection to consent than the clap or cancer does. It's not a contractual agreement between two parties. It is BASIC BIOLOGY.

What "unborn child?" Right claimed a rape victim has a responsibility to report a rape to police and seek medical care. There is no reason to assume there is a fertilized egg.

Exactly. And sometimes it takes awhile for a woman to feel comfortable coming forward. It's not exactly like she bought a bad dishwasher from Lowes...she was raped....

Conception has no more connection to consent than the clap or cancer does. It's not a contractual agreement between two parties. It is BASIC BIOLOGY.

Now, what are you rambling about?

I am discussing the difference between conception that occurs when a man and woman together CHOOSE to have sex (with or without protection) and when a woman is raped. There is a vast difference. One, the woman CHOOSES to have sex, in which case if she becomes pregnant it is the responsibility of the man and woman to take care of the child. In the case of rape, her CHOICE is obviously taken away. Thus, the case cannot be made that the child is her responsibility as she had no choice in the action that led to the pregnancy. This is the case where I outline there are two options... neither of which are moral or ethical in my opinion.

Don't use terms like basic biology when you clearly lack any understanding of the topic.

Unique unique unique!

The older I get the more I realize there are only 27 people on the entire planet and you just keep meeting them wearing different faces.

Unique unique unique!

The older I get the more I realize there are only 27 people on the entire planet and you just keep meeting them wearing different faces.

That is what happens when you hang out with only liberal nuts... you realize most of them are just lemmings.

Then why would you insist on demanding they seek help from police or medical care? Maybe they don't need medical care and/or feel reporting to the police would be too painful.

You are simply trying to twist personal responsibility into a means of forcing people to do what you believe is proper. You are nothing but another statist control freak.

Paying taxes is painful too.

But you still haven’t explained why the unborn fetus is subjected to ”personal responsibility” with a death sentence simply by the inexperienced moral whims of so-called, (most usually male), conservatives who make exception for rape and incest.

The part that amazes me the most is those so-called conservatives have no problem condoning and promoting the killing off of unborn babies and their mothers and others including their own brave youth in undeclared, unconstitutional wars. There’s NO consistency in their ”sanctity of life” gibbering in wars or abortions.
Re-read my first post in this thread.

Back