Questions for the religious

There was undoubtedly a historical person that was an avatar for Jesus, likely some sort of political and theological radical.

But, I never understood why it is so threatening to consider much of the bible parable, and metaphor. It can stand on its own in that very way.

Asking people to accept Noah's Arc and Jonah in the whale's belly as historical fact is absurd. And I am not even sure this mindless fealty to the bible as historical narrative exists widely outside certain strains of American Protestant churches....so I even hesitate to think the belief in the bible as an accurate historical account is really even a "Christian" thing.

Unless of course religion is ultimately about submission to this notion of a male dominator god which in turn gives this male dominator god's adherents dominion over all theyencounter including the natural world and all of humanity.

3d80ee749e7f4bea250be026fc1a0aab.jpg

:truestory:

The population of Palestine was never large.. perhaps 700,000 tops.. There were no huge armies.

first of all, your source says nothing about the population of Palestine; second, you were trying to prove Jericho never existed and gave a source documenting its existence.......

first of all, your source says nothing about the population of Palestine; second, you were trying to prove Jericho never existed and gave a source documenting its existence.......

You didn't read what I wrote.. There were seven Jerichos dating back to the Natufian culture because there was a spring.. and there were long periods of time when it was uninhabited. .. Earthquakes are pretty common in the area.

As for the population.. In the early 19th century the population of all of Palestine was less than 400,000.. 94% Arab. It was too stony and arid to support a large population especially in Judah. Joshua's HUGE armies are exaggeration.

You didn't read what I wrote.. There were seven Jerichos dating back to the Natufian culture because there was a spring.. and there were long periods of time when it was uninhabited. .. Earthquakes are pretty common in the area.

As for the population.. In the early 19th century the population of all of Palestine was less than 400,000.. 94% Arab. It was too stony and arid to support a large population especially in Judah. Joshua's HUGE armies are exaggeration.

so.....1) shouldn't you provide documentation that Jericho didn't exist in the era of Exodus.......2) shouldn't you prove the population of palestine?.......3) shouldn't you prove that Israel did not have a large army.......

Back