Quote Notifications... off....

Excellent decision...
Why do people dislike the notification?
Good question.

It appears those who hate notifications have a lot of people on ignore and hate being notified that ignoring people doesn't mean those people are ignoring their stupid, inane or head-up-the-ass posts.

Still, their notification box will still be filled with responses....LOL

Makes me wonder why they even bother coming to JPP if they ignore most of the members here?

Why do people dislike the notification?
You'll have to ask the people... personally I can't think of a single reason that it's necessary to know when someone is reposting a quote somewhere... especially if it's altered or not a part of a conversation... if you're chatting with someone and they quote you you'll know... ;)

You'll have to ask the people... personally I can't think of a single reason that it's necessary to know when someone is reposting a quote somewhere... especially if it's altered or not a part of a conversation... if you're chatting with someone and they quote you you'll know... ;)

I prefer to know, I think it makes conversation easier. I can't see why it bothers anyone unless its something like OCD.

Because stalkers follow people around with 10 notifications almost daily.
There are people I have not responded to for over a year and I get 5-10 notifications from them daily.

So simply ignore it... Why does it matter if you don't click on it?

I really do not care, just curious why it would matter.

I prefer to know, I think it makes conversation easier. I can't see why it bothers anyone unless its something like OCD.

I guess you'll have to learn to live without it... it doesn't necessarily bother me.... they're easily ignored... now it's extra easy to do so...;)

Ok. You are still being "stalked" its just the number no longer shows under notifications. Its a minor change, I can click settings.

Right. There are a few people on this forum for 2 years send 5 notifications to me almost every day. I just don't want to know about them. Damocles solved this problem.

So far, so good. I just checked my Settings and same asshole stalker(s) filling up my notifications. So, I will stop looking at it. Better forum!

I have had a recent bout of complaints about the Quote Notifications. I have turned off the Notification, though you'll still be able to see the quotes in your UserCP.

If you hate this, tell me here in this thread...

I'm not sure I care either way but I'm sure it will slow the forum down a bit. Have you thought about putting it to a vote?

I'm not sure I care either way but I'm sure it will slow the forum down a bit. Have you thought about putting it to a vote?

Agreed on slow down since people won't be aware of notifications without tediously clicking through several posts of past-read ones. Ergo, they'll just give up.

Agreed on a vote too.

Back