Quote Notifications... off....

Replying to the quotes is, for the most part, all that I really do here.

You may have finally broken me of the JPP habit.

Thank you, Damo.

Once you put someone on ignore, there should be a way to prevent them from sending you notifications. They use that to harass you. Several days a week I get 10 notifications from people I have had on ignore for years.
That would be much better.

When the notifications were first turned on, I thought it was odd. I like it, but before that I just went to 'new posts' and I could see if there were new comments in a thread I'm following.

I like the idea of not being able to quote someone who has you on ignore, though. Not sure if that's possible.

I didn't mind the notifications with the sole exceptions of showing a max of 10 AND in cases with certain posters is when they break up a long post in to 5 separate replies or do 5 replies to a single post.
Good point.

Half the time, someone on my ignore list filled up the allotted 10

New system is working. I don't see notifications on my page. Just looked at "Settings" to see the same stalkers I've ignored/banned still there--where I can stop bothering to look at.
Honestly, I always used that button after checking the first notification.

Honestly, I always used that button after checking the first notification.

I think Damocles deserves credit for improving the forum.
Just looking today at the settings, same jerkoff trolls replying to posts of mine that I have had on ignore for years.

I think these stalkers will realize there is just no way to harass people and hopefully will stop or leave the forum.

I think Damocles deserves credit for improving the forum.
Just looking today at the settings, same jerkoff trolls replying to posts of mine that I have had on ignore for years.

I think these stalkers will realize there is just no way to harass people and hopefully will stop or leave the forum.
Same here. I'm sure they do it to be annoying, or they believe that we secretly check.

Some forums have a 'view post' option right on the blocked response.

Once they make my list, they're dead to me. I wish we couldn't see their posts even when other people quote them

So 'thanks' notifications is still on.

Which means the moron groaners can still play their stupid little games.

So you missed who quoted you because some idiot clutters up your notification box.

If some troll is doing that, turning off notifications doesn't solve that problem . They can still clog up your quotes list.

It just removes a functionality that some people prefer to have.

Milquetoast Macaw, which I believe calls itself "Into the Night," loves to spam notification boxes.

I refuse to call it by that name
because it's too close to "Enter the Night,"
which, years ago at the since imploded Stardust,
was one of my favorite titty productions in Vegas.

The lead showgirl was named Aki, and when the internet was new, she was my first regular e-mail pen pal.
I used to get all the inside info as to what was going on in Vegas.
The correspondences were innocent enough that I could show them to the Gestapo.
She would just sigh and shake her head.

Milquetoast Macaw, which I believe calls itself "Into the Night," loves to spam notification boxes.

I refuse to call it by that name
because it's too close to "Enter the Night,"
which, years ago at the since imploded Stardust,
was one of my favorite titty productions in Vegas.

The lead showgirl was named Aki, and when the internet was new, she was my first regular e-mail pen pal.
I used to get all the inside info as to what was going on in Vegas.
The correspondences were innocent enough that I could show them to the Gestapo.
She would just sigh and shake her head.

Desecration-of-Intelligent-Birds is a useless wart on this forum. I guess the best you can say about the idiot turd is that he bumps up the post count, if that's an important forum measurement. He also bumps up the complaint count because he offers nothing but one-word idiocy meant to irritate those who wrote him off years ago.

Back