Quote Notifications... off....

Yes, it is. I think Jade Dragon called it correctly; it's going to slow traffic.

Its already a disaster...the performance is almost over and we still dont have a DeSantis/Newsom thread.

No wonder we have only had 60 members post in the last 24 hours, which is surely less than 60 people.

Its already a disaster...the performance is almost over and we still dont have a DeSantis/Newsom thread.

No wonder we have only had 60 members post in the last 24 hours, which is surely less than 60 people.

I haven't been keeping count. I'm certain Damo has the tech to monitor traffic flow.

I was wrong, we got a thread a half hour ago...has three posts....is still pathetic for a pollical debate spot.

I have had a recent bout of complaints about the Quote Notifications. I have turned off the Notification, though you'll still be able to see the quotes in your UserCP.

If you hate this, tell me here in this thread...

This isn't your fault - the thing that bothers me about people quoting me is when some crazy person decides to fill up my limit of 10 quotes with troll/spam. Since we can only see up to 10 quotes of our posts at a time, that may result in missing the reply from someone one really cares to hear from.

For example, if a forum troll quotes me 10 times and then you want to discuss something with me and quote me once, I'll not know you ever quoted me.

This isn't your fault - the thing that bothers me about people quoting me is when some crazy person decides to fill up my limit of 10 quotes with troll/spam. Since we can only see up to 10 quotes of our posts at a time, that may result in missing the reply from someone one really cares to hear from.

For example, if a forum troll quotes me 10 times and then you want to discuss something with me and quote me once, I'll not know you ever quoted me.

I go to the threads where I have been having conversations. Most of the people quoting my texts are trolls.

If the main problem is that the notifications alert members of posts by people they have on ignore, is there any way to turn off notifications from ignored people? That would solve the Sybil problem very quickly in addition to not seeing his posts jam up the que.

That would be great. If people you have on ignore were prohibited from quoting you. That's why I don't use the ignore function (with one exception). It does no good. Scrolling past posts doesn't take that much more time.

That would be great. If people you have on ignore were prohibited from quoting you. That's why I don't use the ignore function (with one exception). It does no good. Scrolling past posts doesn't take that much more time.

You don't use the forum enough to use the ignore. I get 10 troll notifications almost every day. They are literally mentally ill.

Rather than punishing someone from quoting other members, why no simply prevent notifications from people on ignore? Why stop or limit the discussion because one person is a cowardly idiot?

As for trolls who quote a members ten times each, that appears to be a Rule 14 violation. Sybil is often guilty of such actions.

Rather than punishing someone from quoting other members, why no simply prevent notifications from people on ignore? Why stop or limit the discussion because one person is a cowardly idiot?

As for trolls who quote a members ten times each, that appears to be a Rule 14 violation. Sybil is often guilty of such actions.

I think you misunderstood what I'm suggesting. Let's say you have me on ignore. Then let's say I lose my mind and decide to stalk 10 of your posts filling up your notifications. Then someone you really like - let's say Uncensored quotes you after my 10 stalking posts. You'll never know Uncensored responded you to unless you go into each thread you've posted to and look through them manually.

I think you misunderstood what I'm suggesting. Let's say you have me on ignore. Then let's say I lose my mind and decide to stalk 10 of your posts filling up your notifications. Then someone you really like - let's say Uncensored quotes you after my 10 stalking posts. You'll never know Uncensored responded you to unless you go into each thread you've posted to and look through them manually.

He upped the number to 15.

Back