Quote Notifications... off....

Rather than punishing someone from quoting other members, why no simply prevent notifications from people on ignore? Why stop or limit the discussion because one person is a cowardly idiot?

As for trolls who quote a members ten times each, that appears to be a Rule 14 violation. Sybil is often guilty of such actions.

On purpose too, because he's well aware that I've had him and his socks on ignore for years. Sometimes when I log in in the morning, it will say that I have a large number of quotes, well over the 10 limit. But all I see are his, and thus have lost ppl I might have wanted to read and respond to. Now there are 15 quote alerts in your user control panel. So he can still knock out ones you want to see, but it would take more trolling.

Why not just get rid of him? He's the problem here. :laugh:

Really? I did not know that. In any event, a stalker you have in ignore could still spam you 15 times. Or 20 - creates the same issue.

Perhaps it's time for a new rule then regarding deliberately spamming someone in order to harass them. Give 'em a week off, then a month, then it's goodbye4ever.

On purpose too, because he's well aware that I've had him and his socks on ignore for years. Sometimes when I log in in the morning, it will say that I have a large number of quotes, well over the 10 limit. But all I see are his, and thus have lost ppl I might have wanted to read and respond to. Now there are 15 quote alerts in your user control panel. So he can still knock out ones you want to see, but it would take more trolling.

Why not just get rid of him? He's the problem here. :laugh:
Sybil is clearly insane and you aren't the only one he repeatedly posts comments to.

Best to report those actions as a Rule 14 violation and let the mods boot his ass into Banned Camp.

When did the new ad invasion begin here

They pop up when I try to just navigate the site

I click on a thread and an ad comes up instead

I have to click out of the ad and try again

It’s REALLY dishonest advertizing

When did the new ad invasion begin here

They pop up when I try to just navigate the site

I click on a thread and an ad comes up instead

I have to click out of the ad and try again

It’s REALLY dishonest advertizing

A good adblocker is your friend. I use adblocker ultimate. Just make sure to download the proper version depending on which internet browser you use.

I'll help you pack your dumb meme suitcase. :rofl2:

404326880_692695736301009_1479493144885700203_n-jpg.1441898

It truly is a very toxic way to live, eh?

Yes, all subtilties aside, the fact remains all normal people have free will. The mentally ill and remarkably stupid, not so much. Anyone who chooses to live a toxic lifestyle is, IMHO, outside the normal parameters.

Why would a person choose to live in such a manner that brings harm to themselves?

Perhaps it's time for a new rule then regarding deliberately spamming someone in order to harass them. Give 'em a week off, then a month, then it's goodbye4ever.

It would be great if this version of vBulletin could prohibit those we have on ignore from quoting us. New rules just make more work for the moderators. But - we have the forum we have.

How is it more work for moderators?

Seriously?

Ok.. so someone breaks a rule, someone else reports it to a mod... the mod has to investigate the alleged rule-break, make a judgement whether or not the rule was broken, then issue the penalty. It's not an automatic process.

Seriously?

Ok.. so someone breaks a rule, someone else reports it to a mod... the mod has to investigate the alleged rule-break, make a judgement whether or not the rule was broken, then issue the penalty. It's not an automatic process.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes, all subtilties aside, the fact remains all normal people have free will. The mentally ill and remarkably stupid, not so much. Anyone who chooses to live a toxic lifestyle is, IMHO, outside the normal parameters.

Why would a person choose to live in such a manner that brings harm to themselves?

I'm not sure that they do choose. They grew up as a toxic, hateful person and learned long ago to blame others for the lack of love and friendship in their lives. Eventually the toxicity becomes so much a part of their personality that they become unaware of it and can't understand why ppl push them away and want nothing to do with them.

Imagine spending your day telling strangers on a forum how awful they are, mocking them relentlessly, issuing proclamations of bigotry, telling them how they should speak/live/act -- and then crying in private via email "Why don't they like me? Why does everyone like so-and-so but not me?"

Sound familiar?

I'm not sure that they do choose. They grew up as a toxic, hateful person and learned long ago to blame others for the lack of love and friendship in their lives. Eventually the toxicity becomes so much a part of their personality that they become unaware of it and can't understand why ppl push them away and want nothing to do with them.

Imagine spending your day telling strangers on a forum how awful they are, mocking them relentlessly, issuing proclamations of bigotry, telling them how they should speak/live/act -- and then crying in private via email "Why don't they like me? Why does everyone like so-and-so but not me?"

Sound familiar?
Exactly; they don't choose because stupid and/or mentally ill people can't choose wisely. They need help in some form to fix their issues. It's like asking a completely inebriated person if they are safe to drive. Stupid question because drunks aren't safe drivers and are often incapable of making a wise decision about their ability to do so.

Which gets back to self-esteem issues. What kind of person needs to put down others in order to feel better about themselves?

Yes, it's common among the JPP Trumpers.

Exactly; they don't choose because stupid and/or mentally ill people can't choose wisely. They need help in some form to fix their issues. It's like asking a completely inebriated person if they are safe to drive. Stupid question because drunks aren't safe drivers and are often incapable of making a wise decision about their ability to do so.

Which gets back to self-esteem issues. What kind of person needs to put down others in order to feel better about themselves?

Yes, it's common among the JPP Trumpers.

Someone who is consumed with bitter envy, knows deep down that they are inferior, and feels the burning need to lie about their alleged accomplishments so others will like them. The "lucky" ones find a similar damaged soul or two to buddy up with. They use each other, alcohol, and/or drugs to soothe their suffering. There's a particular discussion on this forum where you can see this happen almost every day. It's quite pathetic.

Back