Quote Notifications... off....

Someone who is consumed with bitter envy, knows deep down that they are inferior, and feels the burning need to lie about their alleged accomplishments so others will like them. The "lucky" ones find a similar damaged soul or two to buddy up with. They use each other, alcohol, and/or drugs to soothe their suffering.

There's a particular discussion on this forum where you can see this happen almost every day. It's quite pathetic.
Agreed. In short, a severely fucked-up individual in deep need of counseling and joining a therapy group.

It's sad. I suspect most are too afraid to leave their own hovels, trailer homes or rooms in their facility. I expect most are also estranged from their own families due to the fact most people, even family, don't want to be close to someone who constantly wallows in their own shit without doing something about it.

I consider this to be a vote. If I get negative feedback I'll turn the active notification back on. Each person can go in and see who quoted them, it only changes whether you get a red notification saying someone quoted you and telling you to look...

How are the initial numbers of traffic after the change? Up, down, no change?

I doubt I am going to be checking my settings website every 15 minutes to see who quoted me, so I apologize in advance to you and all my peers if you compose a post to me and I don't respond.

I doubt I am going to be checking my settings website every 15 minutes to see who quoted me, so I apologize in advance to you and all my peers if you compose a post to me and I don't respond.

No apologies necessary since it's not your fault. It's the fault of TOP, BP and others who whined to Damo to change the setting. Blame them. :thup:

The forum is even slower than usual. I check in maybe every hour except around supper time and there isn't a substantial change in that time frame. Early mornings before noon are still decently active but at times the forum seems dead.

The forum is even slower than usual. I check in maybe every hour except around supper time and there isn't a substantial change in that time frame. Early mornings before noon are still decently active but at times the forum seems dead.

I fail to see how removing the counter on the forum page affects people's use.

Agreed. At least BP and TOP are happy. :)

On a side note, I've been watching "The Chosen" on Prime, but it's on Freevee and several other free streaming sites. It's very good and highly recommended even for those who are non or even anti-religious. Excellent production values and the largest crowd-funded production ever made. IMDB rates it 9.2 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9471404/

Agreed. At least BP and TOP are happy. :)

On a side note, I've been watching "The Chosen" on Prime, but it's on Freevee and several other free streaming sites. It's very good and highly recommended even for those who are non or even anti-religious. Excellent production values and the largest crowd-funded production ever made. IMDB rates it 9.2 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9471404/

I still haven't decided if it's worth it or not. Owlwoman had trouble with single posters spamming up her inbox. She'd have a better perspective than me.

I still haven't decided if it's worth it or not. Owlwoman had trouble with single posters spamming up her inbox. She'd have a better perspective than me.

The non-notification alert doesn't do that. What alleviates but doesn't fix the problem is Damo expanding the inbox to 15. Sybil can still jam up your inbox. Now, you just won't see that you have 10 notifications about it.

The "Settings" list is in chronological order. One at top is most recent.

I think Damocles explained everything. But, some still seem confused.

His adjustment is extremely minor.

Last edited:

Turning off Quote notifications for everyone doesn't do anything to prevent stalking. Into the Night can still fill up your quotes list on the settings webpage. Turning off notifications does nothing to prevent that.

Turning off Quote notifications for everyone doesn't do anything to prevent stalking. Into the Night can still fill up your quotes list on the settings webpage. Turning off notifications does nothing to prevent that.

True. But, but when you log on and see the notifications, you automatically go to see who is communicating with you. It is mostly psychological.

For myself it is an improvement. I do not bother looking at the Settings page anymore.

Back