Quote Notifications... off....

I think you misunderstood what I'm suggesting. Let's say you have me on ignore. Then let's say I lose my mind and decide to stalk 10 of your posts filling up your notifications. Then someone you really like - let's say Uncensored quotes you after my 10 stalking posts. You'll never know Uncensored responded you to unless you go into each thread you've posted to and look through them manually.
That's the current problem now based upon the 10 post limit, now partially relieved because Damo expanded it to 15 posts. Still, Sybil, who is notorious for such stalking should be warned about such Rule 14 violation behavior.

We all troll at times, but the key word in the rule is "solely". Sybil doesn't have conversations; he just accuses, spreads bullshit and strives for reactions from people. Personally, I think he's insane.

14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

I like the changes. I don't bother to check posts in my settings. People will figure out the new system and see it as improvement.

How is limiting information from others to make you and TOP more comfortable an "improvement"?

I have no doubt Damo will see traffic slow down just because you and TOP don't give a shit about notifications. IMO, it's because neither of you ever have anything worth reading to say.

That's the current problem now based upon the 10 post limit, now partially relieved because Damo expanded it to 15 posts. Still, Sybil, who is notorious for such stalking should be warned about such Rule 14 violation behavior.

We all troll at times, but the key word in the rule is "solely". Sybil doesn't have conversations; he just accuses, spreads bullshit and strives for reactions from people. Personally, I think he's insane.

14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

There are so many people like that. Uncensored is one of them. The one you mentioned is another.

If some troll is doing that, turning off notifications doesn't solve that problem . They can still clog up your quotes list.

It just removes a functionality that some people prefer to have.

We're talking about the notification limit. Damocles increased it up to 15 which is acceptable to me.

We're talking about the notification limit. Damocles increased it up to 15 which is acceptable to me.

One should have the right to put someone on forced ignore if they routinely unilaterally quote you 12 or 20 times in a row, rather than turning off Quote notifications which does nothing to prevent clogging of the quotes list in settings; it just removes a functionality other people use.

One should have the right to put someone on forced ignore if they routinely unilaterally quote you 12 or 20 times in a row, rather than turning off Quote notifications which does nothing to prevent clogging of the quotes list in settings; it just removes a functionality other people use.

The mods can only do what they have the technology to do.

I liked notifications.

I hated Into the Night clogging it up.

One can't take a baseball bat to somebody over the internet,
no matter how much that person deserves it.

The mods can only do what they have the technology to do.

I liked notifications.

I hated Into the Night clogging it up.

One can't take a baseball bat to somebody over the internet,
no matter how much that person deserves it.
The mods have the power to put posters on forced ignore if they are demonstrably stalking someone with ten or fifteen quotes in a row routinely.

I haven't yet seen an explanation for how turning off the quotes notification for everyone prevents a stalker from still clogging up someone's quotes list in the settings webpage

I don't like it.......using settings I have to remember what time I last logged on....under the old system I knew if I had to look at the last two quotes or the last ten......I waste time looking at "people who quoted me" that I have already responded to.......who is complaining about seeing quotes and why?......is catering to them worth wasting the time of the rest of us?......

For the record I did not complain... it's easy to Guess Who did... anyone who claims to have someone on ignore...and announces it...

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
I explained it.

Tell an actress who is being stalked to just ignore it. See?
Ok. You are still being "stalked" its just the number no longer shows under notifications. Its a minor change, I can click settings.

lol.....that fuckwit isn't being stalked......its just me responding to each of my posts that he's quoted.......

Back