Quote Notifications... off....

I still haven't decided if it's worth it or not. Owlwoman had trouble with single posters spamming up her inbox. She'd have a better perspective than me.

Oh yeah, that Into the Night asshat who goes through a thread and responds to every single post -- of *everyone* apparently, not just me -- with a one or two word response. Have had him on ignore for eons. Several other members have complained about him filling up their notification boxes too, which bumps replies that they want to see off the list.

Oh yeah, that Into the Night asshat who goes through a thread and responds to every single post -- of *everyone* apparently, not just me -- with a one or two word response. Have had him on ignore for eons. Several other members have complained about him filling up their notification boxes too, which bumps replies that they want to see off the list.

I've weirdly never had much issue. Must be because I don't post often enough to garner the guy's attention.

Turning off Quote notifications for everyone doesn't do anything to prevent stalking. Into the Night can still fill up your quotes list on the settings webpage. Turning off notifications does nothing to prevent that.

Did you know that YOU filled up quotes lists and created spam to jam notifications, Sock?
You are describing yourself.

Did you know that YOU filled up quotes lists and created spam to jam notifications, Sock?
You are describing yourself.

When you leave seven responses in a row for me, expect to get trolled back.

The Theory of the Big Bang is just a nonscientific theory
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:
There is no such thing as an accelerating reference frame!!
There is no such thing as an 'accelerating frame of reference'.
FOX is owned and operated by DEMOCRATS.

True. But, but when you log on and see the notifications, you automatically go to see who is communicating with you. It is mostly psychological.

For myself it is an improvement. I do not bother looking at the Settings page anymore.
Meaning you can't take the "one second" to click on it then click back so you want to force everyone else to spend a lot more time figuring out which posts they've read and which they haven't because you have a "psychological" issue?

That's probably it. He's just a low-info troll and attention whore.

...and he's either ill, physically or mentally, since his behavior has taken a drastic turn for the worse over the past two years. It's also possible his wife divorced him since that would certainly have a negative impact on a person's self-image and turn them into a bitter, angry Trumper. There are a few others in that boat on JPP.

When I log out, I make a mental note of the time and author of the one on top. Works great.

Popular people like me can't be expected to remember all the posts of those desiring my attention. The number counter was better. :)

At least now we know why quote notifications were turned off...that's hilarious....;)

Yes, both you and BP whined to Damo about it.

When you leave seven responses in a row for me, expect to get trolled back.

Sybil is guilty of multiple Rule 14 violations. The more people who report him, the more likely some action will be taken.

14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

What do we think of getting 15 quote notices now rather than 10?

I had requested more a long time ago.
I honestly didn't notice...I pay little attention to those...if I'm chatting with someone, I see their quotes...If I'm not, I don't need to see notices I'm going to ignore... I've never complained about it...I haven't questioned anything in years...that's time I'd never get back, so....;)

are we going through this crap because ThatOldWoman and the rest of the amazonerds can't ignore people they claim they are ignoring?.......I still hate this and it makes posting here more work than its worth.....if we keep it I think not talking to people will be the smartest choice.....

Back