Racial Politics: Who Us? Noooo

You know what is funny, speaking of subliminal and unconscious stuff…my signature is doing exactly as I planned…acting as a sort of psychological itching powder on SF. Every time he reads it, he fumes more and more. You can really see it working on him, and he probably doesn’t even consciously realize the effect it’s having on him.
I haven't seen a signature in a long time. I block them because too many pictures are in them.... Can't have pictures showing up at work that might be seen by just the wrong person at just the wrong moment.

You know what is funny, speaking of subliminal and unconscious stuff…my signature is doing exactly as I planned…acting as a sort of psychological itching powder on SF. Every time he reads it, he fumes more and more. You can really see it working on him, and he probably doesn’t even consciously realize the effect it’s having on him.

LMAO... given that I cannot see ANYONE's signature, I am going to have to say you are incorrect. I have all sigs blocked. though I must admit that I am now tempted to view sigs just to see what it is your are referring to.

haha, of course, none of them have "seen it".

I’m really thankful to Tiana for giving me that word “fuming”. It’s just one of those words you never think of, but it’s a really fun word.

It sounds a bit like the whining about criticism of Palin or Hillary. Obama's race should not serve to shield him from criticism because some might see some innuendo there.

However, "uppity" is clearly not a word one should use to describe blacks. That guy stepped in it. He is a racist or a moron, either way he deserves to take some flack.

It does not matter if you think "elitist" is some sort of code word. It's one used frequently against Dems because of the way they present themselves. Little reason to assume it has anything to do with race.

"Boy" depends on how often you use it and context. If I were calling Morgan Freeman, "boy" repeatedly then it would be pretty clear that I was using it racially. But Obama does appear quite youthful in the political context, so I would not make to many assumptions about it.

This is really disgusting, but also very telling. Read the whole thing, up to the end, it gets worse and worse. "this boy"?

Westmoreland calls Obama ‘uppity'
By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 09/04/08 03:07 PM [ET]
Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland used the racially-tinged term "uppity" to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama Thursday.

Westmoreland was discussing vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin's speech with reporters outside the House chamber and was asked to compare her with Michelle Obama.

Just from what little I’ve seen of her and Mr. Obama, Sen. Obama, they're a member of an elitist-class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

Asked to clarify that he used the word “uppity,” Westmoreland said, “Uppity, yeah.”

Other Democrats have charged that the Republican campaign to paint the Illinois senator as an “elitist” is racially charged, and accused them of using code words for “uppity” without using the word itself.

In August, Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.) told reporters, “When I hear the word ‘elitist’ linked with Barack Obama, to me, that is a code word for 'uppity.' I find it extremely offensive and John McCain should know better.”

Political consultant David Gergen, who has worked in both Republican and Democratic White Houses, said on ABC’s "This Week" that “As a native of the south, I can tell you, when you see this Charlton Heston ad, 'The One,' that's code for, 'He's uppity, he ought to stay in his place.' Everybody gets that who is from a Southern background.”

The Obama campaign, asked about the quote, did not note any racial context.

“Sounds like Rep. Westmoreland should be careful throwing stones from his candidate's eight glass houses,” said Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor.

Campaigning against the first black major-party nominee has already created some problems for Republicans.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said that Obama's middle name – Hussein – is relevant to the public discourse surrounding his candidacy, saying in March that if Obama were elected, "Then the radical Islamists, the al Qaeda, the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on Sept. 11 because they will declare victory in this War on Terror."

At an April 12 event in his district, Kentucky Rep. Geoff Davis (R) said of Obama: “I’m going to tell you something: That boy’s finger does not need to be on the button. He could not make a decision in that simulation that related to a nuclear threat to this country.”
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/westmoreland-calls-obama-uppity-2008-09-04.html

Racism will ALWAYS exist in America and it will ALWAYS exist in the knucklegragging south ..

... however, racism isn't why Obama may well lose.

"... however, racism isn't why Obama may well lose."

You would deny that it's a factor?

It was white people who surrounded Obama and thrust him onto the national stage.

It was white people who got behind him and thrust him into the race for president.

The vast majority of those who voted for him in the primaries and thrust him into the democratic nomination .. over the white candidates .. were white people. Blacks didn't overwhelmingly support him until the all-white people state of Iowa did.

Now .. white people are the problem?

Every candidate encounters demographic issues. Hillary had sexism to deal with but sexism isn't why she lost.

If Obama loses it will be in much larger part because he abandoned the movement that made him the nominee ... in my opinion.

Trust me .. I know racism when I smell it.

Back